Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Cup results

Tom D

Bruce won the cup

TGO won metallic

Julie won the ladies

How about Doug Koenig?

Koenig - 2nd

Wow. I wonder who will be the first to ever come between Bruce and Doug. Seems like for years they just swap this thing back and forth. Although I believe Doug held on to it few years in a row. Anyway, It looks like the scores get tighter and tighter every year.

Personally, I believe it will be Kevin Angstadt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Vadasz of the U.S. Border Patrol 2nd in Metallic. He won it last year. This guy can shoot and he's a very nice guy.

+++++++++++++++1 on that

....and we must remember and thank all the sponsors and contibutors for the 2009 BC.

Let's start a list and build on it!

Brian Enos for supporting the FORUM to discuss it, because it is assurred that some shoot BC because of learning about the Cup through this FORUM, and...

Midway USA

SigArms

Safariland

Glock

Colt

S&W

Bianchi

Secure Firearm Products

D-Sport

Winchester

Zero

Sierra

What You Say

Northwest Territorial Mint .....

Edited by Allgoodhits

Bruce won the cup

TGO won metallic

Julie won the ladies

How about Doug Koenig?

Koenig - 2nd

Wow. I wonder who will be the first to ever come between Bruce and Doug. Seems like for years they just swap this thing back and forth. Although I believe Doug held on to it few years in a row. Anyway, It looks like the scores get tighter and tighter every year.

...Dave Sevigny won Production ,

....and I too believe it will be either Kevin Angstadt or Carl Bernosky or Don Golembieski as they are the only ones shooting the extreme X counts and maybe just maybe Robert Vadasz if he goes open, or even Brian Zins if he decides to play the game seriously. Regardless, the next 2-5 years of AP should be exciting and expect some surprises.

On a side bar, Ross Newell (Australia) won the Match in 1996, but Mickey Fowler (USA) was awarded the Bianchi Cup, but I may have been the last person to beat both Doug and Bruce in an NRA AP match. It was New York Stae Championships, June of 1999 in Holland Patent, NY. There, they had rimfire matches in addition to the CF 1920. I was first RF Open with a 1906-156X, then Doug with a 1900-176X and then Bruce with a 1798-161X and Carl Bernosky with a 1764-140X. That match bulletin is a keeper!

1999 NYS Action Pistol Championships - Rimfire

Martin Johnson-------Barricade 480-45X----Mover 478-34X----Practical 478-30X----Plates 470-47X----1906-156X

Doug Koenig---------Barricade 480-48X----Mover 480-38X----Practical 480-44X----Plates 460-46X----1900-176X

Bruce Piatt-----------Barricade 428-37X----Mover 480-42X----Practical 480-41X----Plates 410-41X----1798-161X

Carl Bernosky-------Barricade 480-39X----Mover 351-21X----Practical 473-34X----Plates 460-46X----1764-140X

Chris Gulick----------Barricade 433-13X----Mover 455-12X----Practical 420-14X----Plates 420-42X----1728-81X

Scott Adam-----------Barricade 400-21X----Mover 456-14X----Practical 461-30X----Plates 320-32X----1637-97X

BTW, the match was fired on 8" by 3/8" falling plates. Doug should have had a 1920, but two center hit plates did not fall for him and I think Bruce had some malfs and some non falling hit plates too. I had larger groups on the plates, and zeroed slightly higher, so I had only one plate not fall. I won with a 1906! I just may have beat them with the largest point spread ever too. By the way, Bruce won Open with a 1920-166X and Doug had a 1918-184X. Possibly the last 8 he shot since 1999 except for 2008 too.

Martin :wacko:

Edited by Allgoodhits

Does anyone know where they post results? I have several friends there and I would like to see how they are doing.

Tom,

Try this!

Tom...

Thanks, Tom.

Could you add the Ray Chapman Nostalgia Match to the attachement? I didn't see it in there.

:cheers: MJ

Bruce won the cup

TGO won metallic

Julie won the ladies

How about Doug Koenig?

Koenig - 2nd

...Dave Sevigny won Production ,

....and I too believe it will be either Kevin Angstadt or Carl Bernosky or Don Golembieski as they are the only ones shooting the extreme X counts and maybe just maybe Robert Vadasz if he goes open, or even Brian Zins if he decides to play the game seriously. Regardless, the next 2-5 years of AP should be exciting and expect some surprises.

On a side bar, Ross Newell (Australia) won the Match in 1996, but Mickey Fowler (USA) was awarded the Bianchi Cup, but I may have been the last person to beat both Doug and Bruce in an NRA AP match. It was New York Stae Championships, June of 1999 in Holland Patent, NY. There, they had rimfire matches in addition to the CF 1920. I was first RF Open with a 1906-156X, then Doug with a 1900-176X and then Bruce with a 1798-161X and Carl Bernosky with a 1764-140X. That match bulletin is a keeper!

1999 NYS Action Pistol Championships - Rimfire

Martin Johnson-------Barricade 480-45X----Mover 478-34X----Practical 478-30X----Plates 470-47X----1906-156X

Doug Koenig---------Barricade 480-48X----Mover 480-38X----Practical 480-44X----Plates 460-46X----1900-176X

Bruce Piatt-----------Barricade 428-37X----Mover 480-42X----Practical 480-41X----Plates 410-41X----1798-161X

Carl Bernosky-------Barricade 480-39X----Mover 351-21X----Practical 473-34X----Plates 460-46X----1764-140X

Chris Gulick----------Barricade 433-13X----Mover 455-12X----Practical 420-14X----Plates 420-42X----1728-81X

Scott Adam-----------Barricade 400-21X----Mover 456-14X----Practical 461-30X----Plates 320-32X----1637-97X

BTW, the match was fired on 8" by 3/8" falling plates. Doug should have had a 1920, but two center hit plates did not fall for him and I think Bruce had some malfs and some non falling hit plates too. I had larger groups on the plates, and zeroed slightly higher, so I had only one plate not fall. I won with a 1906! I just may have beat them with the largest point spread ever too. By the way, Bruce won Open with a 1920-166X and Doug had a 1918-184X. Possibly the last 8 he shot since 1999 except for 2008 too.

Martin :wacko:

It'll b Kev!!!!!

Congrats to TEAM SECURE

Mark Itzstein (aka Pinshooter) 9th overall 1st Master Class

Karl Piper (aka Maui1911) 13th overall 5th International

Tiffany Piper (aka Mauisdaughter) 5th Woman, 4th Jr.

Sydney Surgi (missffl) 3rd Marksman

Theresa Surgi & Sydney Surgi 3rd Jr. Team

Congrats to all.

Helen Jevons and Grant Jevons were also wearing the SFP Logo and Helen won 2nd Ladies

Congrats to Vance Schmid who has been to the last 30 Bianchi Cups.

David

Congratulations to Jason Koon(also wearing SFP logo on shirt) came in 18th overall.

• 8 months later...

For the aggregate, the plates count as 480-48x. Used to be that they'd keep firing from the 25y line to get a winner for that particular "event".

Brian shot it to something like 505 plates once...which might be why they do it differently now. I'm not sure of what they do now (I think it has been posted, I'd have to look it up), but I think they still go beyond 48 shots.

Glad I asked. Is that only for shooters who get all 48 of the first plates? Do you work back through the distances, 10-25 or do you just stay at the 25? Is this only at the Cup or should I be running it this way at local matches as well?

Only if you got all 48 the first time around, and you shoot through the distances like normal. Each shooter stops at his first miss. Go back through again knocking off another second if you get all the way through.

The rule book says time is reduced by 1 second instead of 2 like at the Cup.

If you are running a match by the rules, and want to have a tie breaker on the plates, you only reduce the time by 1 second. We don't bother at local matches at my club, but we do have a shootoff at State and Regional matches (where someone has a shot at breaking the record. The record can't be broken at the Bianchi Cup since they don't follow the rule book and it would be incredibly difficult anyway with the 2 second reduction!)

Edited by Griz