Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

Just got in from the match. Some really interesting props. Looks like it will be alot of fun. I got to watch a few of the RO's go thru a couple of stages. Lots of different ways to shoot some of the stages. Staff did a great job on putting this one together. Looks like the weather will cooperate for Friday.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am sitting at airport and just checked the weather. It says HIGHS of upper 30's, rain, snow flurries and high winds. All we need is a tornado and we are set! Guess the weekend shooters are getting screwed :-)

Am sitting at airport and just checked the weather. It says HIGHS of upper 30's, rain, snow flurries and high winds. All we need is a tornado and we are set! Guess the weekend shooters are getting screwed :-)

Leslie said to be sure to say she hopes you and Eddie brought your wool undies to keep the family jewels intact.

What a great match!!! Big thanks to all the ROs and other help!!! Stages were all great! ......even if my shooting wasn't. Good luck to all this weekend.

Edited by rrflyer

+1 the match was great, thanks Robert, match crew and all the RO's. It was nice to be able to shoot a Double Tap match in good weather. I hope the weather turns out OK for the Saturday/Sunday shooters.

:cheers: Robert has done such a good job on the ranch this year. The match is going to be great fun for everyone. I still need to finish s few stages on friday. We have a great list of sponsors this year and i would like to thank them for coming on board. Some have returned from last year and some new one have come on board. Please keep these folks in mind when your purchasing in the future: These folks keep this sport going and they need your help to keep them going.

STI

USSA

Larue tactical

Dillion Prec.

CED

Shooters Conn.

Velocity Shooter

Dura coat

Leatherman

Rudy

10-8 performance

Brazos

DR performance

Comp-tac

Glock

Nextlevel Training

Precision Bullets

E.A.R.XS Sights

Protech

Cheaper Than Dirt

Anything from wood

Jager products

Safariland

SIG

OTIS

Blackhawk

Midway USA

TechwearUSA

Precision Delta

Hogue Inc.

GTUL

CRKT

Brownells

I hope I haven't forgot anyone.

Velocity Shooter..Just wanted to fix the spelling. Thanks again..GREAT MATCH, T-VS

I have Dry Frog Rain suits with me. I brought about 20..various sizes. They are $12.00

I will be there btween 0730 and 0800. And Yes, I will be set up in the vendor area..Come on by and check it out... T-VS

If only we could get Bob to negotiate with mother nature as well as he designs stages..... If we could it would be a balmy 75 degrees with no humidity and the sun a shinin' on all of us.

It is warmer here in Minnesota than it is down in Texas and we have nothing but sunshine out the door. B)

Why does seem like the last 4 years the weather pattern has done the same thing? REALLY nice a few days before the match, then the days of the match WAMM-O then a few days after the match is REALLY nice once again?

Bob, come on how could you tick off Ma nature that bad?

Edited by Zerwas

Drove back up to OKC last night before the weather hit, and I'm glad we did! It was nice to get to shoot in good weather but I would have enjoyed shooting it just as much in this weather, too. Great props, fast fun challenging courses of fire and great people. Thanks to Robert, the staff and all the ROs! You guys put on an outstanding match and I'm glad I got to shoot it.

I had a cold, tasty adult beverage for you all when I got home! :cheers:

Edited by Sean.McCanne

I have been watching the weather reports :surprise:

I suspect WARM clothes will be in order :(

Best of luck folks!

Jim

And how is the weather in Mountainair today? I suspect that WARM clothes are in order there also.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Best of luck folks!

Jim

And how is the weather in Mountainair today? I suspect that WARM clothes are in order there also.

CYa,

Pat

Does anybody have any video yet?

Best of luck folks!

Jim

CYa,

Pat

Well....5 inches of snow, darn cold (too cold to shoot rifle or get ready for SMMG)

Our water pipes are frozen :angry2:

Its been a strange winter, and rather unpleasant <_<

Been watching the weather channel...I FEEL for the folks out at DTTC...been there done that,..I keep the T shirt in the freezer so it feels at home

Jim :huh:

Best of luck folks!

Jim

CYa,

Pat

Well....5 inches of snow, darn cold (too cold to shoot rifle or get ready for SMMG)

Been watching the weather channel...I FEEL for the folks out at DTTC...been there done that,..I keep the T shirt in the freezer so it feels at home

Jim looks like you will miss your Saturday bath again, oohh well next week.

Last year I was an RO at DTC, for just a moment earlier this week I had regrets of not going, then I checked the weather, and thought older and wiser. Last year I saw shooters just quit go get in the car and drive off. Then you see someone wearing shorts and having a good time, go figure.

Best of luck folks!

Jim

CYa,

Pat

Jim looks like you will miss your Saturday bath again, oohh well next week.

Last year I was an RO at DTC, for just a moment earlier this week I had regrets of not going, then I checked the weather, and thought older and wiser. Last year I saw shooters just quit go get in the car and drive off. Then you see someone wearing shorts and having a good time, go figure.

Yeah its strange....last year we were freezing, and a couple folks were in shorts :surprise:

...Plaid shorts as a matter of fact :roflol:

Jim :P

I shot the match yesterday and the weather was awesome all day. We got back to the hotel and a heavy rain storm hit out of no where. We headed back this morning and getting up to see blowing snow and a 17 degree wind chill made me cringe for the weekend shooters. Those guys are going to have it rough this year for sure.

The roads heading north were pretty icey and we seen quite a few cars off the road in the ditch. There was even an 18 wheeler that jack knifed right in front of us when we were just north of amarillo.

The match and stages were all great. Robert and his crew put a ton of effort into this match and it shows. I will be back again next year regardless of the weather. its that much fun!!!

Hello: I was wearing shorts last year on Sunday :cheers: Craig was the one wearing the Kilt though. Updrafts are a bitch with a kilt :roflol: Kinda refreshing as well :goof: Shooting in the wet and cold is just not fun. As I say it does not matter where in the world you are if it is cold and wet--it still sucks :devil: Thanks, Eric

I decided early this morning that I didn't have any desire to spend the day in the field in this.

Here in the city of Wichita Falls it is currently (3:40 CDST) 30 degrees with blowing snow and windchill of 11. Visibility is about 1/2 mile. The range is about 12 miles from here where the weather is probably a little heavier, as all of this is coming from the west.

There was enough moisture this morning so that the footing is likely less than optimal. I am sure that those in attendance today will have some interesting stories to tell in a couple of hours.

I doubt that there is a "good" date in April where the weather won't be a factor. Remember Space City last year? You pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

David C