Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building the ideal limited glock?

mshotwell

I'm considering changing to a different limited gun. I've been shooting a mostly stock Para P16 limted. It shoots great, I have no problems with it. The new gun will be a Limited gun only, I have a production gun I really like. I'm planning on sticking to 40 cal.

I don't want to get in to a discussion about which is better.

What would you build? Model, accessories, mods, etc.

Why you decided on them. Pictures are good.

Im going try a buddies 35 to see how I like it.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glock 24

Dawson Ice Magwell

Heinie rear sight/ Dawson fiber optic front

Vanek Ultimate Trigger

TruGrip or professional stippling

And lots and lots of ammo.

Matt's funny...but Glocks have won Limited and L10 at Nats*

*(Be mindful, it is the Indian and not the arrow that makes the most difference)

A perfect Limited G35 :rolleyes:

post-1015-1242182210_thumb.jpg

Warren/Sevigny competition sights

Dawson Ice Magwell

Vanek Ultimate trigger group.

Real...nice...shooter.

Jim

Edited by JimmyM

Like everyone else, I would build the glock I shoot now.

I have a 35 with KKM barrel. It has had the grip modded, trigger undercut some, & the body rolled in epoxy & very fine gravel. I've got the lower parts of a Vanek trigger in it. I have a tungsten guide rod with a very well worn 15lb spring in it. Also a THE brass magwell & Truglo fiber optic sights. I really like this gun & have been shooting it for @3 years or so. It was originally built in Germany, I heard from the guy I bought it from. It has a very unique mag release button. It is square, metal, & extends to the rear a fair amount. I haven't seen another one like it.

That is what I would build.

It has been very reliable when I feed it decent ammo.

MLM

The G20 is the sleeper Limited gun.

Why a 10mm?

For the same PF, won't it shoot about the same as a .40?

And brass is really tough to find!

--Confused--

But you could change the barrel to a 40 S&W and shoot it. Been a few people here that have done that. I guess it is due to them have larger hands and it reduces recoil some? That is my guess, but it has been so long that I shot anything I forget how to load the dang thing. :wacko:

The G20 is the sleeper Limited gun.

Why a 10mm?

For the same PF, won't it shoot about the same as a .40?

And brass is really tough to find!

--Confused--

But you could change the barrel to a 40 S&W and shoot it. Been a few people here that have done that. I guess it is due to them have larger hands and it reduces recoil some? That is my guess, but it has been so long that I shot anything I forget how to load the dang thing. :wacko:

yes

--Confused--

Not in 10mm. Run it in 40.

Soft shooting and runs like...a Glock.

The G20 has a bigger grip, which...for me...requires adjusting my hold some. I never made the switch, because I was so used to my G35. But, I do think it's a better option (we have one...my gf shoots it, as it is much softer shooting than my G35).

The new SF versions lessen that grip "bigness" some. (disclaimer - I haven't shot the SF version.)

No.

It just shoots easier. Perhaps it's the width of the grip that spreads the recoil out. Maybe it is the weight of the slide. Could be something else. I don't know, but is shoots easier. My girlfriend won't shoot my G35 at Major power factor, but she will shoot the same loads out of the G20...all day long. Heck, she was happy shooting factory ammo (WWB) out of it even (which isn't nearly as soft as my reloads).

Not in 10mm. Run it in 40.

Load the .40 a bit long and run it in a stock G20? Interesting idea.

You might have missed the post where I said the idea wasn't to run long loaded 40?

That is certainly an idea (folks do run 40 through the 10mm barrel), but...

We dropped a KKM barrel in to our G20 that is has the chamber cut for 40 length. The gun runs the same length loads that I run in my G35 (1.135OAL), and it runs factory Winchester White Box.

ISMI rod with their 13# recoil spring.

We dropped a KKM barrel in to our G20 that is has the chamber cut for 40 length. The gun runs the same length loads that I run in my G35 (1.135OAL), and it runs factory Winchester White Box.

I was just reading the other thread(s) on that. Very interesting idea. I don't have particularly small hands, but I've handled a G21 and in someways like the feel better than the G17 size frame.

Now, all I need to do is to win a new Glock in a GSSF match... :roflol:

I'll chime in with my opinion.

I thought the "Ideal" limited Glock would be a Stainless CCF frame with a lightened G35 slide, stock barrel, Fiber optic front and rear site (your choice of brand) "The" magwell (because I could make it fit the CCF), mako slide racker, Lightened striker and all springs, tungsten (Heavy) guide rod, and a scary short, light trigger with all safeties still functional.

Then I thought "what about a G24 slide" but I couldn't get the 24 slide to get along with the CCF.

post-7565-1242316237_thumb.jpg