Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who's still taking primer orders?

njl

I'd like to order 5k SP, 5k SR-mag, maybe a few k LP, and 4-8lbs of Universal Clays, and 8lbs each of probably H110 and something appropriate for .223 (blc2, H4895, etc.).

I know Cabelas is taking primer backorders, but their prices are a little high (compared to my previous order from Grafs) and the powders I want, they seem to only sell in 1lb cans, and I don't want to pay the premium you pay on 1lb vs 4 or 8lb.

Is there anyone still taking primer backorders (at reasonable prices) who sells the larger size containers of powder?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up, the selfish hoarders have killed the sport. The government did not even have to lift a finger!

I am so ashamed and disappointed in many of my fellow sportsman. Maybe by the end of the year it will start getting back to normal.

Edited by Apiarian

Powder Valley was first to remove primers from their web site. Grafs did it a few days ago. AFAIK, neither will accept primer backorders currently.

I realize if I backorder primers today, I'm looking at probably a delay of 1 to several months, which is fine...I just want to know where I can actually place an order, combine the primers with appropriate powder (to save on hazmat) and not get gouged.

Graf & Sons let me backorder my primers two weeks ago and they should arrive today!

What kind of primers? I have a backorder with them from longer than 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

From Powder Valley website, " At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available.

Give up, the selfish hoarders have killed the sport. The government did not even have to lift a finger!

I am so ashamed and disappointed in many of my fellow sportsman. Maybe by the end of the year it will start getting back to normal.

Don't blame the hoarders alone. There have been a number of reports in the gun media about the effect of increased government purchases for the military taxing the production capabilities of the component and ammunition manufacturers.

Add to that the unreasonable hysteria fanned by NRA and some right-wing media and shooters following the election, and what you get are short supplies and higher prices.

Don't blame the hoarders alone. There have been a number of reports in the gun media about the effect of increased government purchases for the military taxing the production capabilities of the component and ammunition manufacturers.

Add to that the unreasonable hysteria fanned by NRA and some right-wing media and shooters following the election, and what you get are short supplies and higher prices.

Hit the nail on the head there... :closedeyes:

I back-ordered from Powder Valley back in mid-March... no word yet.

I'm running pretty low at this point - I may have to go dig out my golf clubs for the summer!! :angry2:

It is a bummer though that ammo/components are so hard to come by nowadays... even parts (SV mags, anything AR related) are scant.

As for the hoarders, I think they're a result of the supply shortage, not the other way around!

Yeah. I guess that is pretty unreasonable and hysterical considering that we have never had federal bans instituted in the past when liberals are in office..... :wacko:

Yeah. I guess that is pretty unreasonable and hysterical considering that we have never had federal bans instituted in the past when liberals are in office..... :wacko:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Graf & Sons let me backorder my primers two weeks ago and they should arrive today!

What kind of primers? I have a backorder with them from longer than 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

Federal Small Pistol / Large Pistol / Small Rifle / Large Rifle (5K of each all arrived today).

I don't really think it is hoarders. Supplies have been hard to come by since late fall. It has to be production is off or going else where.

Well if anyone hears of "Vast stock of primers" have gun in need, will travel.

From Powder Valley website, " At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available.

10 thousand orders of 5000 primers equals 50 million. Considering just the USPSA membership, that doesn't seem like that many.

10 thousand orders of 5000 primers equals 50 million. Considering just the USPSA membership, that doesn't seem like that many.

Hell I thought that was just my order :-)

J/K....back off with the pitch forks!

It's not as much the hoarders but the demand for US made ammuntion according to CCI.

i ordered from grafs a little over a week ago. monday they called me to see if i wanted a partial shipment of federal small pistol. should get them next week.