Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

NOTE: The following is a repost of the original, which I made in an incorrect place, not knowing yet about this thread. It was made at just before 1400hrs EST on 13 Feb

I just bought 5 boxes of Remington 2 1/2 LARGE PISTOL Primers at Cabelas; and with the $20 HAZMAT charge and the $5 Flat Rate shipping (Good until 16 Feb, Code = 2XFLAT) the price came to $199.95

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order with Cabelas and received a notification that they should have SPP back in stock at the end of this month. I called to change the shipping (used the 2xflat code) and was informed that the date is now mid-May.

On the plus side, I did get some N320 from Freedom Gun works this week :)

So I tried to order some of the Federals from Midway with a jug of Solo-1000. It tried to charge me 2 haz-mat fees. It also wouldn't let me use the discount codes they have running this week either. :angry2:

Powder Valley had some Federal small pistol match primers this morning. Looks like they already sold out.

Discount codes? Kindly share them please.

I did a google search and found a few different discount codes (one for $10 off and another for $15 off orders over $150) and I couldn't get either one to work when ordering primers.

So I tried to order some of the Federals from Midway with a jug of Solo-1000. It tried to charge me 2 haz-mat fees. It also wouldn't let me use the discount codes they have running this week either. :angry2:

Powder Valley had some Federal small pistol match primers this morning. Looks like they already sold out.

I had to call and have them apply the discount manually for coupon code 1521510. did it cheerfully though and

my order is on its way. Sometimes the phone/human thing is very effective.

Midway still has Federal Small Rifle and Small Pistol....Hurry up...

$150 or more - Use Promotion Code 1521510

$250 or more - Use Promotion Code 2521510

$500 or more - Use Promotion Code 5021510

Edited by Yagi

I know this may be a dumb question but,are primers really getting that hard to get? I pay 29.00 a 1000 for cci and 31.00 federal. I looked at GB and they cost more then Gold, and folks are buying them. :surprise:

I don't know about everyone, but I have had a tough time finding primers and have been down below 1k many times lately. I ordered a bunch from Powder Valley and 5k of federals from Midway so I don't have to worry about it as much. My friends have also started to run low...

I have not had to go the GB route, so I guess I am doing OK <_<

I've had winchester pistol primers on backorder with Cabelas since 7-1-09. Just got some locally, but paid extra. Interesting note: CCI seems to have opened up more, but back orders started very quickly and the number of auctions for CCI primers went up on GB. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Hoarding is not nice. :angry:

I know this may be a dumb question but,are primers really getting that hard to get? I pay 29.00 a 1000 for cci and 31.00 federal. I looked at GB and they cost more then Gold, and folks are buying them. :surprise:

I haven't seen a single non-shotgun primer on the shelf in a store since November 2008. I managed to purchase 40k last year, though not of my preferred brand, by checking this thread and the GlockTalk reloading forum 5 times a day, and jumping on whatever was available.

Just received this from Powder Valley when I checked on my order. Getting closer!!! :surprise:

When we receive WSR primers we will be processing orders placed on 03/01/09, your order was placed on 03/23/09.

I have no way to make your order an either / or between federal and Winchester.

You could place a new order for the Federal primers and then call and cancel the one that does not ship first, but I do not think that will really work, because they are also processing from 03/01/09.

Thanks

John

Powder Valley

800-227-4299