Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wild Bald Eagle

el pres

Got these in an e-mail. This was on Mar 12th, she was found here in Utah out at Dugway Proving

Grounds with toxins in the system and a broken wing. An alsolutely awsome animal, she's in rehab

to be released in the future, thought I'd share ...

post-10849-1239773098_thumb.jpg

post-10849-1239773137_thumb.jpg

post-10849-1239773363_thumb.jpg

post-10849-1239773468_thumb.jpg

post-10849-1239773506_thumb.jpg

post-10849-1239773586_thumb.jpg

Its funny alot of people don't realize how big the bird actually is, with someone standing next to the bird you get a good representation of size. I have only seen one in my life, in flight. I thought it was a taradactile sp flying over. They are awsome birds, great pics

I had seen them before on trips out west, but over Christmas this past year I was in Mobile Alabama seeing my family and we saw one. We were driving past Municipal Park in the middle of the city and my dad looked out the window and notices this huge bird is keeping pace with us flying over the lake to our right. We stopped and spent about an hour watching him/her circle the lake looking for fish. Strange but the local ducks and geese were all over the place and didn't seem bothered by the eagle. I would have thought a large raptor like that would go for a nice fat park duck but maybe not? Anyway, it was really nice to see that the restocking efforts seem to be working. Never would have expected to see something like that there but very cool.

I saw my first wild one about this time last year. I’m just now getting over the urge to just stop everything and watch them. I haven’t seen one catch any fish yet, I’d like to see that. Below is the only picture I've gotten of one. It's not much but you can tell what it is.

post-9312-1239873134_thumb.jpg

WOW!!! What an amazing bird!!!
Seth, they seem to be doing pretty good around here. I see them fairly regularly. Saw one last week over near your in-laws.

I watched one catch a fish at a lake in Alabama. The awesome power from those wings is amazing. Looked like with about three wing strokes she was going about 60mph about three feet off the deck..........they are amazing birds.

Seeing the majestic grace of and Eagle will give one chills.

I see them regularly in far eastern NC in my job travels. One soared next to me parallel to my car on the highway one day over a logging cut down.

The last time a few weks ago I almost hit one as he swooped across my path with what appeared to be a Nutria in his talons.

The Nutria, I believe was to be disassembled shortly . . .

Anyway, what a thrill!

They are the coolest birds. They have that "I am going to kill you and eat you" look on their faces. Always gives me a chill to see them up close. Here in Florida we actually have quite a large population of them. We see them perched and flying while fishing on the lake down the street and had one fly over the track field while my son was competing in a track meet two weeks ago. Sometimes they come too close to cars while picking at a meal in the road. Maybee thats how the one pictured got its wing broken?