Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small Pistol Primers

TM262

i'm sorry, but i'm just not believing this. yer telling me a sleeve of 5K primers is going for as much as $500? and people are paying that? wtf? i could trade mine for a new open gun...of course if they never do come back to reasonable prices, i wouldn't be able to shoot that new gun anyway.

Edited by outerlimits

i'm sorry, but i'm just not believing this. yer telling me a sleeve of 5K primers is going for as much as $500? and people are paying that? wtf? i could trade mine for a new open gun...of course if they never do come back to reasonable prices, i wouldn't be able to shoot that new gun anyway.

Well, here ya go... 5000 CCI Large Rifle Primers 19 $500.00 45m

This auction has 24hrs remaining... 5000 Winchester Small Pistol Primers 10 $335.00 1d

and this one has over 2 days remaining... Winchester Small Pistol Primers / 5000 count 5 $320.11 2d +

Follow an auction on Small Rifle Primers and see how crazy it gets. They are few and far between but there are 2 like the following, granted they have no bids yet but they will most likely get run up in the last 24hrs of the auction. And they don't even have them on hand, they are backordered. Oh, and check out the comments in the ad text about "NEW LAWS".

WINCHESTER SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS 0 $595.00 3d 13h +

AUCTION IS FOR BACKORDERS ONLY ITEM IS NOT INSTOCK AT THIS TIME CASE LOT 5000 NO RETURNS ON RELOADING SUPPLIES OR BACK ORDERS. ORDER APPROX SHIP DATE 3 TO 4 WEEKS LIMITED BACKORDERS SO CALL SOON PRICES WILL DOUBLE DUE TO NEW LAWS

Mods: I intentionally did not post links to nor mention the auction site but if what I posted is improper please delete and accept my apologies.

For those who can't get primers at any price, I just opened a primer trading thread in the classifieds. I know it won't help those who are really low, but it may help folks who have one type but need another. The idea is to trade at larger matches that draw from a larger geographic area - more shooters with various stock to trade or with regional differences in supply.

• 2 weeks later...

Portland, Oregon

A local gun store had a case of CCI SPP. Price was $ 120/box.

The clerk (SOB) said to me, "Look at the bright side, you don't have to order them and pay hazmat and shipping." Then he laughed.

It's a helpless feeling that makes me want to set people like that on fire and make smores to cheer me up.

Portland, Oregon

A local gun store had a case of CCI SPP. Price was $ 120/box.

The clerk (SOB) said to me, "Look at the bright side, you don't have to order them and pay hazmat and shipping." Then he laughed.

It's a helpless feeling that makes me want to set people like that on fire and make smores to cheer me up.

holy crap shaun, I would have wanted to do the same thing. Where was this so I know not to ever buy anything from there?

Primers are almost unable to find and then they are 30-50 per 1000 here in NE Ohio.

FWIW

Richard

PS: Love to have Fed. L&S at $25-35 ftf.

I'm not far from you. I'm just outside Warren in Howland. I haven't been hunting too hard as I'm okay for this year and probably most of next but the last time I was at Stockers in Champion a month or so ago they had a few Winchester SPP for for something like $5.50 / 100. They are always high but I thought that was just insane.