Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SA Friday - Congrats!

Bigpops

Sorry I didn't have a chance to congratulate you in person. I looked for you before I left the match yesterday but you were still out.

From a Navy vet to a "soon to be" Air Force vet....Congrats on your retirement. Above all - Thank you for your faithful service to this country! :cheers: I hope you have nothing but great memories and pride in what you did.

Hope to see you at York on Saturday. If not, good luck back home and keep posting. I love your stage ideas and inputs.

Steve

(Go Navy) :roflol:

Thanks all. Retirement ceremony is this Friday. I'm officially retired 0001, 1 Jul 09; 20 years and 9 months. When I enlisted Ronald Regan was president, there was 750,000 troops in the USAF, and no jobs for a 19 year old mechanical draftsman. Now, well, every changed but the jobs. Scary times ahead. Neven know what the future holds. Could end up right back in the DC area in the future. The one big truth I've learned in the military is you can never predict the future. You can only plan for what you can see ahead of you.

I'll be on the road back home this weekend, so I won't be shooting York. I'll be there with everyone though. I designed all the stages.

Edited by SA Friday

Sean..

it will be good to have you back home in Colorado..you've been away too long.

congratulations on your retirement..and thanks for you service. you are a great man.

:cheers:

stu

Drive safe.

RM300?

Don't know. didn't put in an app for it, and not sure when I will be back. I might be unloading my junk that weekend. If I get home earlier and can squeak it in there, I might see if I can beg a slot in the match.

The Ceremony was very classy and short. I cut out a bunch of the stuff that makes a ceremony drag out. My retirement speech was less than three minutes. This was my very nice retirement gift. The badge has my initials, not my badge number and the credentals are stamped 'retired' with small holes. The small flag on the right is a glimmer flag and the one I wore on my kit every day in Iraq.

post-7549-1239828627_thumb.jpg

Edited by SA Friday