Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Since I am too tired to dig this informaton out of my email or this thread, could someone confirm that registration opens at the range at noon tomorrow?

Registration Times:

Thursday Shooters

At the Host Hotel (The Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Northlake)

* Wednesday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Wednesday 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Thursday 7:00 am to 8:15 am

Friday – Saturday – Sunday Shooters

* Thursday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Thursday 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Friday 6:30 am to 7:30 am

Friday AM registration should be a “last resort option.” If the match is

going to start on time, you are strongly encouraged to register Friday

afternoon or night. In addition, you must attend the shooters meeting

that will be held 30 minutes prior to the designated start time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am too tired to dig this informaton out of my email or this thread, could someone confirm that registration opens at the range at noon tomorrow?

Registration Times:

Thursday Shooters

At the Range

At the Range

Squad Mom comes through again!! :cheers:

Registration Times:

Thursday Shooters

At the Range

At the Range

Thanks Cheryl. Make sure Mike does a good job cleaning up your baking pans.

A question asked a few posts back about I40 through the mtns. It is closed for sure, and will be that way for several months due to the rock slides. I will be with you guys in spirit this weekend. Any of you guys shooting with Jim Norman do me a favor-smear some mud on his shirts. They are too funny, and will distract other shooters, so they need to be toned down a little. Some of that south Ga. sand clay dirt mix should do the trick. :cheers:

It hurts deeply that I had to give up my spot. I hope everyone has a horrible time, has to shoot in sleet and that you have many weapon and brain malfunctions. JK :D

I can't wait to hear about it and hopefully I will be fortunate enough to get a spot again next year.

Team CPWSA heading out of ATL in a few. We'll probably roll in about midnight 30. Doesn't matter wouldn't be able to sleep if I arrived. Looking forward to seeing old friends and shooting in a great match! See ya'll in about 10 hours.

I hope JJ does not get writer's cramp...looks like he is kicking butt and taking names. WHOOP!!

Nice idea Mark, but look a bit closer... I only have one stage left to shoot, most others have 2 to go... :surprise:

jj

don't get the writer's cramp analogy... :blink:

Edited by RiggerJJ

I hope JJ does not get writer's cramp...looks like he is kicking butt and taking names. WHOOP!!

Nice idea Mark, but look a bit closer... I only have one stage left to shoot, most others have 2 to go... :surprise:

jj

don't get the writer's cramp analogy... :blink:

Ruin my fun...

Taking names, as in writing them down as you pass them...

Shoot that last stage in half what the others did and you are good to go!

Edited by MarkCO

Another GREAT MATCH by the AMU. The bad part is this is going to be the last one. :sick: I, like many others, don't get to go to the other side of the earth to shoot major matches very often. So a major match like this is priceless. Even if I trashed 8 out of 9 stages. :sick:

On the lighter side. Squad 9 was great to shoot with. :cheers: Chef Lees was great as usual, but the best part was making new friends and seeing old friends.

Another GREAT MATCH by the AMU. The bad part is this is going to be the last one. :sick:

Are they not going to hold this match anymore?

MLM

Just returned from this match - It was a great time. Thanks all around to Sgt Hampton, Linda C., the AMU and all of the soldiers and others who made this an exceptional event. It really tested one's skill, equipment and mental attitude. I sure hope we can find a way to have another event. I will come up early to help set-up and work the match if it helps. And I will come better prepared too.

Thanks again for letting us participate and for all that you do.

Best Regards,

Chuck H.

Edited by lead_dispenser

Another GREAT MATCH by the AMU. The bad part is this is going to be the last one. :sick:

Are they not going to hold this match anymore?

MLM

Just returned from this match - It was a great time. Thanks all around to Sgt Hampton, Linda C., the AMU and all of the soldiers and others who made this an exceptional event. It really tested one's skill, equipment and mental attitude. I sure hope we can find a way to have another event. I will come up early to help set-up and work the match if it helps. And I will come better prepared too.

Thanks again for letting us participate and for all that you do.

Best Regards,

Chuck H.

Chuck, thanks for the kind words about the match.

Let me correct one false impression right now. We certainly had enough staff. This was perhaps the best staffed match I have ever had the pleasure to work. We had enough staff working the stages, so that shooters did not have to paste, re-set or paint steel. We had stats runners, transportation to off-site ranges, and literally plenty of help.

Several shooters spoke to me during the match, offering, as you did, to help with set-up of stages. The AMU has never asked for help with set-up, even from the civilian staff that works at the match. The problem is not the physical work involved. The issue is NOT the week before the match and the actual days of the match. The bulk of the work takes place from February to late November. The drain on our limited time and competing priorities is spread out over a year.

I have often heard shooters comment that the AMU guys have "unlimited practice time and ammo." This usually comes in the form of "Well, yeah, sure, Daniel/Travis/Robby/Fill-in-the-blank is a great shooter. That is all he has to do." Not true. The AMU spends time at competitions and practice, but they spend a lot of time training fellow soldiers. With deployments being stepped up, so does the training schedule.

Okay, stepping off the soap-box now . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico