Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Are non-shooters allowed on base?

I have friends in the area that would like to watch for a day...

Is there a way for them to do so?

Thanks!

I asked Sgt Hampton that very question before the 2006 match. His reply in typical Sgt Hampton fasion was "absolutely, as long as your not trying to sneek em in in your trunk".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can get on to any military installation. Driver's license and a stated reason is usually all you'll need.

If the weather is good, and you get there on Thursday, take a drive on the base down to Fry drop zone and watch brand new Airborne soldiers earn their wings (if the school is open that late in to December).

Rich

QUOTE (hk_mtbr @ Jul 7 2009, 08:24 AM) *

Are non-shooters allowed on base?

I have friends in the area that would like to watch for a day...

Is there a way for them to do so?

Thanks!

I asked Sgt Hampton that very question before the 2006 match. His reply in typical Sgt Hampton fasion was "absolutely, as long as your not trying to sneek em in in your trunk".

I figured bighamp would have said "Raise your right hand"!!! :cheers:

Happy about not going through TSA checkpoint with ammo this time because we are local and don't have to fly - check

Yeah... we've pretty much decided to avoid flying to matches with guns/ammo. Too many hassles and the possibility of ones luggage being "misplaced" is cause for concern... I can get by without a change of clothes, but if my guns get lost, even for a couple days... Well, the match is ruined.

It's gonna be a 16hr drive, but... I like a road trip especially if the destination is a range.

16 hours? You have an afterburner in your car or what? I look at 17 from New Jersey!

If you pass me on the way, let me know. As fast as you'll be traveling, I won't have to worry about getting stopped after you go through.

Jim

Happy about not going through TSA checkpoint with ammo this time because we are local and don't have to fly - check

Yeah... we've pretty much decided to avoid flying to matches with guns/ammo. Too many hassles and the possibility of ones luggage being "misplaced" is cause for concern... I can get by without a change of clothes, but if my guns get lost, even for a couple days... Well, the match is ruined.

It's gonna be a 16hr drive, but... I like a road trip especially if the destination is a range.

I do not frequently fly with guns but according to my friends that do their experience has been that it has been better since TSA came on board since the airline attendants just defer to them. I would assume that YMMV here but that is the report I have received.

Waiting list numbers went out to anyone with Registration Code numbers under 275. If your number was higher than that, you will get a message tomorrow or the next day. Work again intrudes on my free time for hobbies.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Waiting list numbers went out to anyone with Registration Code numbers under 275. If your number was higher than that, you will get a message tomorrow or the next day. Work again intrudes on my free time for hobbies.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

How you do all you do is a mystery to us all. Thank you for all your dedication.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda, thanks for your hard work and dedication. I am glad that you have chosen this as one of your "hobbies" :cheers:

Hurley

16 hours? You have an afterburner in your car or what? I look at 17 from New Jersey!

If you pass me on the way, let me know. As fast as you'll be traveling, I won't have to worry about getting stopped after you go through.

Jim

According to Mapquest it's 17.5hrs... or 1016 miles from my 'hood in SW Ontario... I only said Toronto 'cause I figured y'all would have heard of that dump of a city.. I'm actually closer to Hamilton which is at least an hour West of Toronto..

No problem if it takes us longer... We've planned for a couple extra days on either side of the match for travelling.

Maybe there should be a special prize for the competitor(s) who travelled farthest to get to Ft. Benning... :D

Isn't there a guy from the UK who shoots this match...

Maybe there should be a special prize for the competitor(s) who travelled farthest to get to Ft. Benning... biggrin.gif

Isn't there a guy from the UK who shoots this match...

Woohoo..... I get a prize before I even shoot :cheers:

Actually my prize is to get to come and RO the best 3 gun match in the World, shoot with the best shooters in the world, and see with my best mates in the world ..... each year

........ and they keep asking me to come back !!!! :surprise:

Pencil.....

All righty then, let the planning begin, when are you coming in country Mikey, I hear they make dark choclate pencils in europe? oops, I mean the EU, oops UK, shoot they are all the same, they just talk different!

Guess I need to start stocking up on 22 ammo and booze, this is like a long term investment plan

Talked to Bronco already and he has a plan

later

jeff

I think we need a separate thread??????? :rolleyes: i can add pics when its over,.................or not!!!!! i do think the main pic should be Katana performing overwatch, or maybe hiding in the back seat when we were getting ready to leave???

Trapr

16 or 17 hours????? <_<

It takes JJ and I 24 hours to drive down there! Usually, we drive straight back so we can get back to work! (We're recovering a little slower every year though!)

You Easterners!!!!! :roflol:

Recovering a little slower every year........................AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!! I used to be good to go on Monday. Then it was Tuesday. Yup, now I take extra vitamins and hope I get out of the house on Wednesdays. :roflol:

Hi All: I am new to this forum, so this may not be the correct place to post this inquiry. Here goes:

I am on the waiting list for this year's FB3G match. According to the posted rules, a participant must shoot a .223 / 5.56 caliber or higher. The question is:

May I shoot the match (without a DQ) on an AR platform chambered in 5.45 x 39. My understanding is that the 2 rounds are almost balistically identical. Can someone shed some light on this matter?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C

Email Aaron Hampton. He is the Match Director. I believe the email address is FB3GMD@gmail.com. I am pretty sure it was on an email from Linda or posted somewhere in the main thread.

Email Aaron Hampton. He is the Match Director. I believe the email address is FB3GMD@gmail.com. I am pretty sure it was on an email from Linda or posted somewhere in the main thread.

You could try posting your question in the thread already created: 2009 Ft Benning B E Forum Thread

The match administrative staff would be sure to see it there, and would post a reply.

You could return to the match website, www.fb3g.com. That is where you signed in for a registration code & printed the application. You will see links for the rules and a button that says "Contact Us." Contact one of the members of the AMU (there are links for Lee Dimaculangan and Daniel Horner). That is the best way to get an official answer about the rules.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Since other shooters may be interested in the answer, I'd like to ask the moderators to move this to the main FB3G thread, so that official answers are posted. Our FB3G website has a link to that main forum thread.

Edited by LChico