Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Military no longer selling .223 or .308 brass

Nick Weidhaas

Saw this and thought some of you may be interested. In a nut shell the government will no longer sell their .223 or .308 brass to commercial reloaders. Georgia Arms has already posted that they will no longer be selling this ammo. The gov't is also blocking Canada from importing any of their brass as well.

http://www.shootingwire.com/archives/2009-03-16

Nick-

Looks like I will be shooting even less .223 in the future!!!!

This sucks!!!!

Saw this and thought some of you may be interested. In a nut shell the government will no longer sell their .223 or .308 brass to commercial reloaders. Georgia Arms has already posted that they will no longer be selling this ammo. The gov't is also blocking Canada from importing any of their brass as well.

http://www.shootingwire.com/archives/2009-03-16

Nick-

A guy on another forum received a message from the Government Surplus administrator that this only applied to pieces cases in excess of 50mm. Response #26 in this thread: http://ingunowners.com/forums/accessories_...ss_cases-3.html

Well then whats this ???

http://www.scharch.com/

I just got off of the phone with the lady who's info is in that thread. She told me that they had received a revised directive that as long as the cases are 50 cal or smaller and will not be exported they can be sold for reloading.

I just got off of the phone with the lady who's info is in that thread. She told me that they had received a revised directive that as long as the cases are 50 cal or smaller and will not be exported they can be sold for reloading.

I sure hope that is true...

I sure hope that is true...

Edited by jeff_records

Here's a good news update.

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

March 17th 2009

JPFO ALERT: EXPOSING THE GOVCRIMS PAYS OFF

Great news!

It appears the destruction of military once fired brass has ended

with a reversal of DoD policy.

Who says complaining does not pay off.

Please read the latest from the MSSA

http://www.jpfo.org/alerts03/alert20090317.htm

I panicked and ordered 1200 rounds of PMC 223 through Cabella's, for both the ammo and a source of brass. Could have saved some money. Oh well, it never hurts to stock up on ammo! ;)

<_< And then we wonder why we cant find primers when we "need" them...

the issue has been resolved and 5.56 and 7.62 once fired brass is again being sold. Some noobie in the Hussein administration panic'd when he read that all such material must be rendered useless. He missed the exemption that was in place for the brass.

Here is an excerpt from an email from Georgia Arms about the ammo shredding cancellation:

"Dear Loyal Customers,

Thanks to your voice, DOD has rescinded the order to mutilate all spent cases as of 4:30 pm on 3/17/09. We appreciate the time and effort that you expended, together we all made a difference. We will be posting the email we received from DOD as well as any additional information within the next 12-16 hours. Thanks so much and lets get to work!!! Georgia Arms "

HOORAY FOR US!!!!

Twenty years in the Army dealing with logistics taught me to never under estimate the power of the stupidity of the bureaucracy. Few things the government does make sense to everyone, but when something like this comes along that even my most liberal friends think is dumb... Let's just say that I figured it was about a 90% chance that some bureaucrat had done something stupid. Seems I was correct.

FWIW, policies are always under review in the bureaucracy. It helps them find ways they can take longer to do less while at the same time employing even more people to review the reviews. If I had a nickle for every time I had to argue with someone to convince them that there was no big change in some policy or another - that they were just reading stuff into something - I'd be rich.

:cheers:

Mod: several posts contrary to forum guidelines removed. Please do not post more like that.

:cheers: Hey now that is cool :bow: the thread has a very interesting development line and closing it would be a shame.

I bet Shred does not know that nasty Thread Closing Dance :devil: