Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for shooting pants/shorts

1911jerry

Hit the "seconds" section of Cabelas. Went to the one in Buda (TX) a couple weeks back and picked up some nice Cabela's pants for $9 each.

They are loose fitting and work great for "cold weather" matches here in TX - anything under 60 degrees.

Another "plus" to this Cabela's visit - also picked up the last box of 69gr SMKs they had on the shelves.

Okay, lets add this to the mix..... Which lightweight shorts/pants have a cell phone/ mag pouch on the right hand side?
I ordered some $10 Propper tactical shorts from LA Police Gear and they had what you seek. Also they have 5.11 zip-off pant-shorts in the lighter weight nylon too. I like those for cold morning warmer weather matches.

woolrich elite. lots of pockets, even a pocket for an AR mag. big belt loops. i was at cabelas this weekend and found some carhart shorts that look almost identical to them without the AR mag pocket. about the same price.

Dolphin shorts for when it's HOT and then when it starts to cool down I just slip on some leg warmers and I'm good to go ;)

When I dress to impress, I wear my Eotach shorts. They had a 25% off deal through AFCOM for a while and picked up some pants and shorts. GREAT PRODCTS!

Edited by DMAC

CPWSA here on the forum has just started carrying the Tru-Spec 24-7 series of pants and shorts. They have a heavy cotton pant that I like for cool weather shooting and a lighter weight short for warm weather. Actually, both are available in either material. Cell phone/mag pockets on both legs with AR pouches built inside of the cargo pockets. They also have more traditional flap pockets on the back so your billfold does not end up riding on the back of your leg while driving, etc. Also, hidden elastic in the waistband and proper sized belt loops.

Second vote for Cabela's 7-pocket Hikers. Either the pants or the shorts. It has a "knife" pocket on the right side that will hold your barney mag. Also I like the "stretch" hikers, the material is something like 3% spandex, so it feels the same as normal cotton, but will stretch quite a bit.

• 3 months later...
Columbia (and the like) quick-dry zip-off-leg convertible pants are where it's at for matches IMO. Great in rain and heat, they move well and if you shoot somewhere it's not always the same temperature, it's a quick transition from pants to shorts without changing. Perfect for travelling light to matches as well.

+1 - I've been rocking a pair of RedHead's for a while. Loose enough to move in, but not MC Hammer style. Can carry more crap in the cargo pockets than I want to. Stitched up the rear pocket to hold 2 single stack mags vertically. Only problem with most zip-offs is the shorts are borderline hot-pants short (always good to lighten up the conversation, but at your own expense :D )