Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Reports From Limited Nationals In Bend Yet?

mcoliver, someone had posted saying eric g. only had three uspsa open classifiers and was wondering why he was a gm when it takes four uspsa classifiers to receive a ranking. since he is already a gm in ipsc the uspsa gave him a ranking of gm for the us nationals.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Limited40's comment was grammatically ambiguous, but not at all a judge of EG's shooting skilz. What (I believe) was meant was that EG shoots IPSC more frequently than he shoots USPSA, but his skilz transfer, nonetheless, hence the GM rating (probably an executive decision... and a good one).

doesn't that sound nice "WORLD CHAMP"

i could be the world champ of lazyness. i need to get off my a$$ and start practicing more.

Like you're even in my league.

AS IF!

I'm so lazy, I had someone else post this reply to your message! :P

I had 5 gun malfunctions, one mike and one mental-breakdown the whole match.

2 of the malfs were on one stage (table-top-standards). 

tom couldn't help but notice the 5 malfunction, to bad. but do you wonder what would have happened if you were still shooting the glock? maybe you wouldn't have had the malfs then gotten in to the top 16 this year. just a thought.

mcoliver, someone had posted saying eric g. only had three uspsa open classifiers and was wondering why he was a gm when it takes four uspsa classifiers to receive a ranking. since he is already a gm in ipsc the uspsa gave him a ranking of gm for the us nationals.

Oh, I see. I thought some rule differences made him "shoot slower." :D

Thanks L40.

I had 5 gun malfunctions, one mike and one mental-breakdown the whole match.

2 of the malfs were on one stage (table-top-standards). 

tom couldn't help but notice the 5 malfunction, to bad. but do you wonder what would have happened if you were still shooting the glock? maybe you wouldn't have had the malfs then gotten in to the top 16 this year. just a thought.

I never thought about that.... :huh:

I'm sure that this 1911 platform has only helped my shooting.

Since joining USPSA with a Glock in 2001, I never had a 100% classifier. 1 month after getting this new gun, I had three.

I've only had my new gun for 3-4 months. I'll get it running smooth before next year. I seems that if I shoot a good clean match without gun trouble I can make top 16. The problem is that that's only about 85-90% of the #1 guy. How the HELL DO I GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL?

I need to start turning 15sec stages into 13sec stages (with no loss of accuracy) to get into the top 8.

You know, come to think of it, Brain was with the SuperSquad on every stage. We need to start a new thread asking him about the differences in the way the top guys shot those specific stages. Maybe they zigged when I zagged?

I think USPSA should have a raffle for guys who want to shoot on the SuperSquad. That's gott'a elevate your game!

So what do you guys think about No.11 Estuardo Gomez??, I did not see his name mentioned in all of the discussions (except 1 brief one). Did anybody see him shoot?, he finished 11th overall, do you guys think he could of finished better if he had been in the super squad?.

I think he is a great shooter, and a great teacher from Guatemala (that´s in Central America, for all of those who don´t know)

Interested in hearing from anybody who did see him shoot?

Txs

I met with him and shot with him in practice. He was 5th at the world shoot and is a great shooter. He could have finished better had he been able to bring his ammo, as he had several malfunctions due to improperly sized ammo. We resized ALL of his open ammo on my 1050 for the open match. He is a heck of a nice guy also. I would reccomeend watching him shoot, getting to run drills with him was a treat. BTW his splits are no faster than .22 so all you fast split guys could learn a thing or two from a guy like this, his splits between targets were .22 also :) I learned a bunch in the couple hours we practice together.

Dude, at that match nobody shot a split faster than .22 and got the hit! OK, I'm exaggerating, but it was tough. Boatloads of swingers, hardcover partials, and no-shoot partials, plus some strong hand, weak hand, and awkward positions.

I defy you to name a stage with two full static targets together, inside 15 yards. Besides stage 2.

All I can remember is transitioning to a half of an A zone or a freakin' upper A/B panel. Most of the full A zones I can recall were moving.

L2S, Yes he does maintain the same time between splits than between target transitions, I shoot with him almost every week in practice and see him shoot every Saturday in our local IPSC club matches, there are guys who shoot much faster splits but take a year to move on to the next target and between stations, that is one thing that makes Estuardo the best shooter in GT plus he is very consistent. I just checked the results from the Postal Match he finished No.1 in Production division. Too bad he had malfunctions in Limited division in the nationals, that is really his strenght, I did not see the results of Open so I am not sure how he did, BUT I imagine not as well.

Also good teacher, I have been only shooting with him for about 2 months and already moved from U class to C and I am shure that for the next qualifying match I will make B class. Brians book is also a great piece, its what I take with me when I need to travel around.

S.

Hi guys,

I spoke with David Sevigny at WSXIII and he told me his Glock 17 was a 100% "out-of-the-box" factory gun. However he mentioned that Glocks in the USA are available with Heinie sights, which he preferred to use - I understand he likes a narrower front sight.

In fact, David brought with him a letter from Glock USA as evidence, but the letter was unnecessary as the sights are legal under IPSC Production Division rules, even if they are not supplied by the factory.