Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone else nervous about primer availabilty?

I already bought my primers for the year, so I am not freaking out yet, but This is kinda spooky. I am almost afraid to use them. I looked a P valley, natchez, and Midway, and all are sold out. What do we do if we cant get primers anymore? My local shop has a few 1k boxes, for $35 , which is almost $10.00 more then a few months ago. Am I paranoid? or should we be worried? :surprise:

Know how you feeling, I'm down to my last 3K and cannot find any anywhere. Is it really hard for manufacturers to keep up with the demand? :(

Don't know if this is good or bad, but when Wideners cancelled my primer order last month they advised that Winchester indicated they would be supplying all they needed withing 6 to 9 months. If the hoarding continues this may not help a bit. But if the nervousness in the market declines, we might get lucky.

Bill

Know how you feeling, I'm down to my last 3K and cannot find any anywhere. Is it really hard for manufacturers to keep up with the demand? :(

It is when everyone is buying a years supply at one time.

:wacko: Doubtful. I have not changed my primer buying habits. I am sure most uspsa shooters buy their components in bulk. Especially when you have to pay the hazmat fee.

I am getting a little nervous.....I barely was able to find some, and they should be delivered today. But I think there is a lot of "buyer frenzy" right now and hopefully once enough people have a large enough stock that the supplies will catch up! But I only have 7K, so I will continue to keep an eye on the suppliers for more! :unsure:

Natchez had some CCI400s yesterday (sold out in a few hours) and when those arrive I should be set until mid 2010, so I'm not too worried for me personally. However, it's not good for the shooting sports that some people can't afford/find reloading supplies and ammunition to compete.

I ordered some large pistol from wideners on the 10th and my card was charged yesterday. Not sure when they'll be delivered. I tried ordering some from Natchezss a week ago and after a couple of days they told me "oh sorry, they're actually out of stock" but they still haven't refunded my card :/

30k??

Lets see, off the top of my head... I have

15k small pistol

7k small rifle

2k small rifle magnum

1k large rifle

5k small rifle mag on order

5k large rifle mag on order

-------

25k in stock

10k on order

-------

35k total

Only 7K, how do you get up in the morning?

I'm down to about 30K and I don't like it.

15k small pistol

7k small rifle

2k small rifle magnum

1k large rifle

5k small rifle mag on order

5k large rifle mag on order

-------

25k in stock

10k on order

-------

35k total

Woohoo! Now I know who to beg from when I'm out :roflol:

Since I use Federals, I've been used to hit and miss availability over the past few years. So this feels like old news.

Got in the habit of putting in pre-orders about six months out when my supply got to 12K or less.

Curtis

I sold 10,000 FEDERAL small Rifle primers to a friend because I didn't shoot Open last year, nor do I plan to shoot it this year and I never even got so much as a THANK YOU. :angry:

The plan was to replace them with some Winchester small pistols asap but I havent been able to find anything at all. I'll use Federals or Winchesters but thats where I draw the line. I'm not using no crappy CCI's Magtechs or Wolfs, thank you very much.

I have a good friend who has 500K (half a million) primers stashed and hopes to make a few bucks in the future. The gentleman has never blown smoke up my skirt so I have no reason not to believe him. That's one very serious stash!

CYa,

Pat

10k on order

Chris.. that doesn't count.. it's what you have in your hands.. you're low....

That club to the south will kick you out.. lol

Yea that reminds me, you just gave me 5k Federal small pistol the other day :)

I seem to remember a primer "shortage" 12 years or so ago. I think we all survived that one and this will all level out soon enough. Relax, have fun, and keep shooting.

I remember that shortage because I flat ran out of primers. I went several months without shooting due to it.

Then one day I walked into a gun show at the Oklahoma City fairgrounds. A gentleman was setting out boxes of Winchester SRP. He was gouging at $22/M. I bought all he had.

The drought was over and I learned to start shopping too early rather than too late.

Bill