Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AARP

Mikej

I am 52 and joined AARP yesterday to take advantage of some travel discounts. It started me wondering...the next time I need to send Carmoney a gun for some action work will I get 10% off? Does the A zone on the USPSA target get 15% larger? Are all items in the classifieds automatically 10-15% off? Does the distance to the targets decrease? Just hopeful thinking.....

AARP also discounts your rights as a citizen by taking and anti-firearms stance with regards to legislation. I hate not getting the discounts, but so far have resisted, or I get my discounts through other more firendly conduits.

Jim (You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything) Norman

AARP also discounts your rights as a citizen by taking and anti-firearms stance with regards to legislation. I hate not getting the discounts, but so far have resisted, or I get my discounts through other more firendly conduits.

Jim (You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything) Norman

+1000. AARP is a travesty of an organization.

+1

AARP is SUPER anti-gun!

Logic would think that this would be a pro-gun group. The elderly would need to protect themselves as much or more than the average citizen! Why they are against guns is beyond me. I don't get it...

Edited by rr4406pak

A path to redemption would be to donate his travel savings to the NRA, with a letter to AARP thanking them for the ability to support the 2nd ammendment.

Make sure you send the thank you letter in their postage paid envelope (from one of their "come ons").

I used to put scrap metal pieces (like cut up lawn mower blades that have been dulled on a grinder) in those envelopes and return to sender. At one time I would wrap a brick in brown paper, tape the envelop to the brick and drop that in a mail box but the opening have been made narrower precluding the use of bricks :devil:

Bill Novelli, CEO of AARP, supports the governments healthcare reform described quite well in this article. Forget gun rights, you can't shoot when you're dead.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aLzfDxfbwhzs

I went to that URL, I read it three times. It SUCKS! :angry2:

But I could not find any reference to AARP.

A.T.

Oh, I get it now. You folks thought I joined THAT AARP. What I joined was the Alabama Association of Revolver People.

And you have joined a small group indeed. I wanted to shoot the AL Section match with a revolver last year, but there was not a single revolver shooter in the match. With you and me shooting revolver this Saturday, we'll have 2 more than there was in the entire section last year :o .

I absolutely despise AARP!!! :angry2: They operate as a "not-for-profit" but they take in hundreds of millions of dollars from gullible seniors. Nobody knows where the money goes but the execs live high on the hog.

I started shipping their mail back to them in the prepaid envelopes and that stopped them cold :cheers:

Bob.

A16841

I suggest doing what some IPSC shooters in southern Michigan did. They were looking for a range. They found a small muzzle loader club that had open membership and not many members. They all joined the club. At the annual election they voted the new IPSC shooters into all club executive positions and took over the club!

We need enough shooters to join AARP and turn it into the largest PRO-GUN senior organization.

They all joined the club. At the annual election they voted the new IPSC shooters into all club executive positions and took over the club!

Off topic!

I assume that they still welcome the muzzle loader shooters?

A.T.