Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grammys

Micah

I hear Jethro Tull is making a comeback in the Flute Rap category next year. These people suck.

Metallica will by please to hear this. At least Tull won't beat them out for best Heavy Metal band. Again...

I watched a little off an on.

It sucked.

Paul McCartney did saw her standing there. IT was good.

I always enjoy Neil Diamond (im old, what can I say.....)

Stevie Wonder is good

4 piece band keith urban, john mayer, bb king, and buddy guy had the potential to kill, but it was too short.

the rest sucked dog ass. It was horrible.

Except katy perry is hot......

I was hoping the air raid sirens would go off, and the air strike was going to begin.

I must be too old to "get it". Ive got a ton of high profile guitar players for customers, so I am pretty up on music, but that was not good.

There was a huge write-up in one of the papers earlier in the year about how the award shows pick the nominees and a lot of it had to do with "Who can we get to show up that will boost ratings" and little to do with the quality of the product they produced.

I wish I could find a printed copy of the report I heard on the radio a couple of years ago while driving. Some group added up all the various awards presented in the "entertainment" industry, from Oscars, to Tonys, to Grammys, to whatever, and they calculated that on average, there is something like 65 awards presented every single day of the year.

The actual number is probably wrong, but I rememebr laughing at how hard they work to slap each other on the back.

What I dislike about the Grammys is that a lot of the categories are duplicative (but gives the artists and record labels a lot of marketing hype) and the fact that music that was released more than a year prior is still eligible (or artists that have been around for a couple of years are nominated for "best new artist"). It is nothing more than cynical marketing BS.