Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals slots

gose

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting for the wait list as well. What are the chances of making it in via the list ?? This is my first time for the USPSA Nats and I am not 100% sure how this whole system works.

Thanks

Historically if you do your part the night the list opens you will have a 90% chance or better. Its just cool to get one from you club or win it.

Get more active with your clubs and find out what has you have to do to qualify for a club slot. The rewards are much more than just the slot.

I got my call yesterday for a Revo slot! :cheers: Just got off the phone with them today since I had to pass on it. :angry2: No vacation time available at that time. My vacation picks were 6 weeks ago. :angry2: :angry2: I wish I could go again, its a blast.

Good luck to all that go.

Jon

I got my call yesterday for a Revo slot! :cheers: Just got off the phone with them today since I had to pass on it. :angry2: No vacation time available at that time. My vacation picks were 6 weeks ago. :angry2: :angry2: I wish I could go again, its a blast.

Good luck to all that go.

Jon

That's bad news Jon. You will be missed. Not by me but missed all the same.

Ok here' a question, how does USPSA get your phone number to call ? I just looked at my member profile and there's no where for a phone number. Granted I havent won a slot but one can allways dream, and hey I wanna be ready.

• 3 weeks later...
Has any one received the slot forms in the mail yet?

Not yet.

Yes! :goof: YET! B)

Received my big white envelope today B)

now if the big Rudy check comes to pay the hotel room :lol:

Warning do not take the spoiler serious ..it is just a joke and only a joke,

Edited by AlamoShooter

Got my slot for the Open match through the my club.......squading up with nhglyn and AWLAZS for my (our) first nationals. I did 'get the call' last year, but had to say no due to scheduling conflict. First time in Vegas for me too!

One shot L10 and the other production. I shot Open. It shouldn't matter if the match counts as a slot match should it? Unless you shot revo and there were only like 3 people.

AS the VA MD section would be an "Other Level III" the Slot policy states the following.

Other Level III Matches

The first six non-area championship matches to qualify as Level

III Matches in a calendar year may award slots to the top three overall in

each qualifying division. A division must have 20 or more competitors to

qualify. The maximum number of slots to be distributed by a single

match is 15 with an accumulated annual total of 90.

So if the division had 20+ competitors only the top three in each division would be offered a slot.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wish it was clear how they select the people. Two buddies got calls for winning their class at the VA/MD match. Well I did too. WTH?

Did you read the policy? It's usually pretty clear.

Execution...of the policy, not always so good. I think I got called twice last year for "won" slots from Majors. The second time (for a different match, I informed that I had already been called). I never did get one in the mail. :(