Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did use them in Oregon in 2006 I think. Last year, they didn't have any long targets except for the standards stage, and I can't remember 2007. But I thought those steel flashers on the stage we ended up running the 4-wheeler out were higher penalty, but I can't remember for sure!

not in oregon-i remember that stage up on the hill...we were shooting those little plates out to 360 or so, and they were just 5 points.

2006 MG Nationals scored the steel as 2A (10 points) on stage 12 (titled "HLM"). 2007 A1MG (Albany, OR) and 2008 A1MG (also Albany, OR) both used enhanced target value for rifle on the "long range" stages - increasing target value as target distance increased. IIRC, the LR rifle stage was thrown out (bottle-neck issues?) in 2008. Or was it 2007? Enhanced target value seems to work well, and it make sense. I expect to see it in Vegas.

ac

i checked my scoresheet from the 06 MG nationals and all steel was scored only 5 pts on that stage. total points were 105, total rounds 21. i shot it pretty clean, dropping 7 on the paper.

Quite right, my apologies. The original stage design was steel only, 15 rounds for 150 points possible (steel = 2A) - don't know how I confused the earlier stage design with the stage as shot...

I should confirm my information before "correcting" someone else. Lesson learned (hopefully).

ac

Wow! It looks like someone was listening!

I still reserve judgement, but one slug on paper, more rounds than usual, flying birds, re-engaged targets, dump barrels, choices!! :cheers:

I think I'm kind of excited to go!!

Hope stage 8 is decently balanced for lefties unlike last year, and JJ still wants to know why people think you have to tilt the dump barrels (they don't hold long shotguns as well as vertical ones) but, it really looks fun!!!

Nice job guys!

I feel a lot better about having to tell my principal that I'm missing one night of parent-teacher conferences! :roflol: (He's still not going to be happy, but it looks like his wrath will be worth it!)

See you all soon!

Hope stage 8 is decently balanced for lefties unlike last year, and JJ still wants to know why people think you have to tilt the dump barrels (they don't hold long shotguns as well as vertical ones) but, it really looks fun!!!

Tell JJ not to worry. The dump barrels will not be tlited.

JJ still wants to know why people think you have to tilt the dump barrels (they don't hold long shotguns as well as vertical ones)

The latest design for the barrels (subject to further revision) is a 33 gal. plastic trash can with a slanted piece of carpeted 3/8" plywood inside and a 4" foam pad in the bottom. It presents a big opening with a somewhat padded landing whilel still preventing the long gun from pointing back at your feet. We're currently planning to anchor them to the ground with rebar and zip-ties (maybe some duct tape too).

Thanks for the positive feedback on the stages. Make sure you tell El Prez & Carl Schmidt when you see 'em. They both spent a lot of time and effort in the process.

What's up with Stage 2?

The description says "Comstock 12 rounds, 200 points" with the LR targets being 20p and the flashers 10p

But the procedure says:

"At the start signal, engage RF1-4 and LR 1-8 from each of the 3 shooting positions, as they become visible."

That would mean 36 rounds and 600 points on this stage...

Or could they mean "At the start signal, engage RF1-4 and LR 1-8 from the 3 shooting positions, as they become visible." Not doing all of them from all three positions would go along with what's written under the scoring section and wouldn't make the stage that enormous in relation to the other stages.

Edited by gose

Tell JJ not to worry. The dump barrels will not be tlited.

The latest design for the barrels (subject to further revision) is a 33 gal. plastic trash can with a slanted piece of carpeted 3/8" plywood inside and a 4" foam pad in the bottom. It presents a big opening with a somewhat padded landing whilel still preventing the long gun from pointing back at your feet. We're currently planning to anchor them to the ground with rebar and zip-ties (maybe some duct tape too).

Thanks for the positive feedback on the stages. Make sure you tell El Prez & Carl Schmidt when you see 'em. They both spent a lot of time and effort in the process.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I like it!

Charlie; the rebar/zipties/ducttape should work just fine. we usually do just the zippy ties, but, hey, the more the better!

Chris; thanks for all your hard work! now just make sure you don't beat me! :roflol:

jj

edit; thanks to all of you that are putting this together...

Edited by RiggerJJ

What's up with Stage 2?

The shooter won't get more than one look at each target due to the terrain.

so it is "At the start signal, engage RF1-4 and LR 1-8 from the 3 shooting positions, as they become visible." ?

What's up with Stage 2?

The description says "Comstock 12 rounds, 200 points" with the LR targets being 20p and the flashers 10p

But the procedure says:

"At the start signal, engage RF1-4 and LR 1-8 from each of the 3 shooting positions, as they become visible."

That would mean 36 rounds and 600 points on this stage...

Or could they mean "At the start signal, engage RF1-4 and LR 1-8 from the 3 shooting positions, as they become visible." Not doing all of them from all three positions would go along with what's written under the scoring section and wouldn't make the stage that enormous in relation to the other stages.

trying to game it already?

Longest shots will be 325-350yd.s. Expect to engage the LaRue anywhere from 180 out to that point. The flasheres will be used sparingly and will be closer in (80-150 yd.s). The rulebook says the Slug flasgers are at least 50 yd.s. I doubt they will be furter than 65.

Like most every other match, we won't know exact distances until the targets have been set (1-4 days before the match starts).

Besides, your best bet is to know your dope at known intervals with the gun & ammo you plan to use. Remember that a lot of points get dropped and penalties earned between 75 and 125 yd.s 'cause folks don't check their holds over/under. Anybody that's watched me shoot has seen that a lot! (like last August at Lake Havasu).

Blockhead, thanks for the update on the distances.

Not everyone has close or easy access to plus 300 yard ranges.

Many of us would of hated to spend a day or more getting dialed in for 350 yards because of a standard reply. and then finding out at the match

the longest target would of only been 300 yds.