Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being called 'old'

Anubis

So we have this brand new E-1 in our shop, and he comes to me and randomly asks 'How old are you?'

I say I'm 28 and he responds with, 'Wow, you're old' :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Seriously? I'm 28, since when was that old? So I ask this kid, 'When were you born?' and he responds with '1990.'

Damn kids :angry2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have this brand new E-1 in our shop, and he comes to me and randomly asks 'How old are you?'

I say I'm 28 and he responds with, 'Wow, you're old' :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Seriously? I'm 28, since when was that old? So I ask this kid, 'When were you born?' and he responds with '1990.'

Damn kids :angry2:

You're still a kid to me if that makes you feel any better. :)

I had a student assistant look at my police academy graduation certificate one day. She asked if the graduation date was correct (1978). I said "Yep...it sure is"...........She then tells me her parents hadn't even met yet.........Talk about a kick to the groin...........

I was at DLI going through an advanced course when I was about 37, and some kids working at the movie theater in Carmel gave me a senior discount. You don't mind so much when there's money involved. :P

Then when I was about 45 a waitress at a Kettle who had to be about 40 herself gave me a senior discount. Again, what bothered me was not so much that she thought I was a senior. What bothered me was that the discount was only 38 cents. :roflol:

At 51, it still bugs me to be called "sir" or "Mr. Jolly" by adults though. <_<

It's the little things . . .

I was in the PX at Presidio (went to NPS back in the 20th) and the clerk from the music section came up and asked me if I'd ever heard of a band called ". . . Creedence Water-- something . . ." because a customer on the phone was asking about a Fogerty album.

Keep looking at the bright side -- in just a few years we'll have kids running around asking what it was like back in the 20th century for their history projects at school. <_<

I had someone challenge me to a fight not that long ago. His exact words were " I'll kick your ass old man". I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

:roflol::roflol: I think I heard that line to my Pop years ago. I was 11, the "kid" was 21. Dad wupped him bad. It was the only time I ever heard a person get his arm broken.

We had an old guy in basic. We were all 18-21, he was 32 I think. He got the "old man" monniker too. You'll get over it.

jz

Man baby pictures <_<:surprise:

Edited to add:

Flex the E-1 is the new 'nonner' over in plans and scheduling, I think his tech school was like 6 weeks long.

Personnel, Information Management, or something like that not exactly sure.

Edited by Anubis

I'm 46, so I know the feeling, but.....

Age is relative..

to many things: attitude, fitness, activities to name a few!!!!

Don't let it get you down!!!

Z is right, age is relative.

On the other hand my wife and I did start to feel old when some boot showed up and we found out what year they were born. It doesn't help we are in our mid twenty's going on 40 :unsure: