Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denise and JJ

We'll be back to take care of the RO's and match staff. Just got to make sure there is no more Hurricanes in the gulf at the

time of the match.

T. Wong and the Louisiana gang

Yippee Skippee! You are the best d_ _ n cooks/chefs ever!!!!! :cheers:

My RO's will be happy! Told 'em you were coming last year, and then the hurricane and no shrimp etouffe! :angry2:

I will discuss hurricane season with the powers that be in order to ensure your safe arrival in Raton!

(Honestly, I didn't consider hurricane season last year in my plans. And I try to be so thorough, too!)

That's really great news! We really did miss you, but we're glad your restaurant was okay!!!!

Oh yeah, and we enjoy you shooting with us, too!!! :rolleyes:

Denise and JJ

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been just over 6 months, but he's new at this!

Our amazing Webmaster, Roger, has posted a little highlights video of the 2008 JP RM3G match that our amazing matchmaster JJ shot and cut! (It didn't really take him the whole 6 months, it just took him a while to get to it!) :goof:

Just go to our website: www.rm3g.com and if it doesn't start playing, just hit play!

We still have some slots left, but please get those apps in!

:cheers: Thanks of course to our own JP Enterprises...and Berger Bullets, Brownells, Burris, Bushmaster, Cabela's, CPWSA, DeCot, Dillon, DPMS, Ergo-Grips, Firebird, Glock, High Plains Shotgun Challenge, LaRue, LMS , MGM, Militec, Montana Gold, MSTN, Nordic Components, NRA Competitive Shooting Sports, Para, POF, Sabre Defence, Safariland, Sierra, Spec Ops, Starlight Cases, TacPro, Timney Triggers, Trijicon, Truckvault, and Wilson Combat who have signed up to be sponsors so far! The prize table is shaping up nicely thanks to all these wonderful sponsors and their generosity! :bow::bow: Any other sponsors who'd like to join us...please contact us at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

Special thanks to Trijicon for sponsoring the Shooter's Barbeque and Junior Benefit! :bow: Again, a SPECIAL thanks to JP Enterprises for their continued and generous support as the major match sponsor! :bow::bow::bow:

We think this year will be better than last year! Come enjoy the beauty of the Rockies and black guns and "Fire Your Guns!"

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 5 weeks later...

I just got the word from Mike Kolar, that you are invited to his Sporting Rifle Match at the Whittington Center on Sunday August 9, 2009. That's the day after JPRM3G!!! Bring your bolt guns!

Check out their website at: demigod.org/srm

Our sponsors are coming through with flying colors! We're almost to $100,000 and I still have people to annoy and am not sure how much all the sponsors that are signed up are sending! :cheers:

Thanks so much to match sponsor and all around great company/guy: JP Enterprises :bow:

Our Gold sponsors: Trijicon (who is also sponsoring the Shooter's Barbeque/Junior Benefit) and LaRue Tactical

Silver Sponsors: Nordic Components, Sabre Defence and TacPRo

Bronze Sponsors: Brownell's, DPMS, Ergo Grips, Bushmaster, Firebird, and Montana Gold

Other awesome sponsors: Arredondo, Berger Bullets, Burris, C&M Target Systems, Cabela's, CPWSA, DeCot, Dillon, ESP, Flash Target, Glock, Gram's Engineering, High Plains Shotgun Challenge, HiViz, LaserLyte, LMS, MGM, Militec, MSTN, NRA Competitive Shooting Sports, Para-Ordinance, POF, PointBlank, Rugged Gear, Safariland, Sierra, Spec Ops, Stag Arms, Starlight Cases, Timney Triggers, Triangle Shooting Sports, Truckvault, and Wilson Combat. I'm still scoping out some more too!

We think you'll have a great time with lots of shooting, prizes and fun! :goof: (Hey, that may be redundant!)

Get those apps in soon! Things are filling up!

Denise and JJ

It's possible. At this time, probably just rifle, but we will have some to borrow on any stages that require slings.

Of course, you'll probably want to bring your own that you're familiar with! You want it to be the right length.

See the video on our website. Cheryl's rifle sling is just short enough...almost!

• 4 weeks later...

This will be the first trip to RM3G for the wife and I. We are really looking forward to it.

I was wondering what we should bring for hauling all of our stuff to the stages? Should we have a cart/wagon of some kind or will we be close enough to our vehicles to do without? I might be able to borrow a golf cart from a buddy if it makes a lot of sense and is allowed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SC

This will be the first trip to RM3G for the wife and I. We are really looking forward to it.

I was wondering what we should bring for hauling all of our stuff to the stages? Should we have a cart/wagon of some kind or will we be close enough to our vehicles to do without? I might be able to borrow a golf cart from a buddy if it makes a lot of sense and is allowed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,Some walks [ hikes ] to the stages can be long ones. I use a Eberlestock Phantom bac pac to carry all my stuff. It will carry both long guns at the same time and has a large cargo area to hold eveything else. Weather can be warm in Aug. and it can rain very hard so plan on both. Have bug spray, anti fog for glasses and GOOD footwhere as you will be going over stuff that only bigfoot is used to, stay away from cleats. This match is very rifle heavy so prctice shooten long range from diffacult postions. Remember it is almost 7000 feet above see level. As to yer rifle zero I have never noticed a large point of impact differance from where I am at Las Vegas NV at 1500 ft. Yer Wife might get a little bored with the town itself but if she comes out to the range see will really enjoy the wildlife see will see, not talking about Kurt Miller...... Have FUNNNN. Larry :cheers:

SC

Larry sums it up well!

A baby cart may be helpful, but remember you have to push/pull it up the hills as well as let it push/pull you down them. The low carts/wagons that have 8-10 inch tires don't work well at all over the terrain, plus they get really hard to pull/push up a hill. Last year there was about 11 miles from the 1st stage to the last, so a 25mph golf cart may be a bit slow, although it would work until its battery goes flat. :angry2: you will however have to park it with the other shooters cars and walk to the stage. Most golf carts won't go some of the places we have gone in the past anyway...

the method that seems to work the best is to drive your vehicle to each stage's parking area, then hump your stuff for for that stage only, don't forget your score sheet!!! :roflol:

Backpacks seem to be the best method of humping stuff...you don't need a $500 backpack, just have your long guns cased and a backpack big enough to hold 3 guns worth of stuff for 1 stage...and your score sheet...

your car/vehicle; leave your cherry 1957 Vet at home. pickups trucks work best, but cars can make it to all stages. This year we probably won't as far up the canyon as in the past. (although we tried, we drove 4 miles past the mine looking this spring and found some kewl places!!!)

bring lots of water (and your score sheet), be over-hydrated when you get here and stay that way throughout the weekend, it will combat altitude sickness which does hit a few of you flatlanders each year... :rolleyes: sounds hokey but I can't stress the hydration thing enough.

all stages are pretty much figured out, we will be making the 4 hour trip to Raton a couple more times before the big week to get em finalized. the stages we have this year will be, well, very interersting! :ph34r:

now I need to work on the Big Johnson 3 Gun...

jj

Larry sums it up well!

A baby cart may be helpful, but remember you have to push/pull it up the hills as well as let it push/pull you down them. The low carts/wagons that have 8-10 inch tires don't work well at all over the terrain, plus they get really hard to pull/push up a hill. Last year there was about 11 miles from the 1st stage to the last, so a 25mph golf cart may be a bit slow, although it would work until its battery goes flat. :angry2: you will however have to park it with the other shooters cars and walk to the stage. Most golf carts won't go some of the places we have gone in the past anyway...

the method that seems to work the best is to drive your vehicle to each stage's parking area, then hump your stuff for for that stage only, don't forget your score sheet!!! :roflol:

Backpacks seem to be the best method of humping stuff...you don't need a $500 backpack, just have your long guns cased and a backpack big enough to hold 3 guns worth of stuff for 1 stage...and your score sheet...

your car/vehicle; leave your cherry 1957 Vet at home. pickups trucks work best, but cars can make it to all stages. This year we probably won't as far up the canyon as in the past. (although we tried, we drove 4 miles past the mine looking this spring and found some kewl places!!!)

bring lots of water (and your score sheet), be over-hydrated when you get here and stay that way throughout the weekend, it will combat altitude sickness which does hit a few of you flatlanders each year... :rolleyes: sounds hokey but I can't stress the hydration thing enough.

all stages are pretty much figured out, we will be making the 4 hour trip to Raton a couple more times before the big week to get em finalized. the stages we have this year will be, well, very interersting! :ph34r:

now I need to work on the Big Johnson 3 Gun...

jj

You will only forget yer score sheet ONCE !!!! Thanx JJ. Larry :cheers:

Thanks Larry & JJ for the insights and suggestions. It sure does help.

The wife will be shooting with me as well so I am not too worried about her getting bored.

Just gotta remember HER score sheet... :D

Thanks again.

Thanks Larry & JJ for the insights and suggestions. It sure does help.

The wife will be shooting with me as well so I am not too worried about her getting bored.

Just gotta remember HER score sheet... :D

Thanks again.

You will hafta make two trips, one for yer stuff, and the other for her stuff... :roflol: plenty of trips to remember both score sheets...

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

jj

Well here it is: Drum roll Please! :roflol: THE ROUND COUNT!!!

Rifle: 66 steel targets from 80-400plus yards, 27 paper targets (93-120 rounds)

Pistol: 27 steel and 43 paper (70-113 rounds)

Shotgun Birdshot: 80

Slugs: 10-12

We've got 2 rifle stages, 1 all shotgun, 2 3-Gun, 1 pistol/shotgun, 1 pistol/rifle, 1 rifle/shotgun

You will need a rifle sling. We'll have some to borrow, but please bring your own!

The management reserves the right to tweek these numbers as we change our minds willy nilly during set-Up! :wacko:

We are also very excited about a number of new sponsors and we think you'll be too! :cheers:

Match Sponsor: JP Enterprises

Gold Sponsors: Trijicon, LaRue Tactical and Tactical Machining

Silver Sponsors: Sabre Defence, Nordic Components, TacPro and Timney Triggers

Bronze Sponsors: Brownells, Burris, Bushmaster, DPMS, Ergo Grips, Firebird Rifles, Montana Gold, FNH and Springfield

Also: Arredondo, Berger Bullets, C&M Target Systems, Cabela's, CPWSA, DeCot, Dillon, ESP, Flash Target, Glock, Gram's Engineering, High Plains Shotgun Challenge, HiViz, LaserLyte, LMS , MGM, Militec, MSTN, NRA Competitive Shooting Sports, Para, POF, PointBlank, Pro Ears, Rugged Gear, Safariland, Sierra, Spec Ops, Stag Arms, Starlight Cases, STI, TechWear, Triangle Shooting Sports, Truckvault, UniqueTek, Wilson Combat

We're still working! If anyone is intersted in sponsoring that I haven't cajoled, begged, cried at, hugged etc, please feel free to contact us. We'd love to have you join us!!

Don't forget the Trijicon Shooter's Barbeque/Junior Benefit on Friday night! Bring some $'s for doorprize chances. We're working on getting some great prizes for that as well.

See you in August! (Or June if you sign up for the Big Johnson! :devil: )

Denise

I swear, I must have Alzheimer's! :wacko:

JJ has just pointed out that my confirmation letter that I sent to all of you had the shooter's briefing and first shot a half hour late!!!!

I've changed the note, but for those of you already signed up...I'm so embarrassed! :blush:

Shooter's briefing 7am at the Coors Center. First shot 7:30am August 6, 2009!!!!

Grrr!!!!

I'm sorry! Please forgive my idiocy!!!!

Denise (the senile) Johnson

I swear, I must have Alzheimer's! :wacko:

JJ has just pointed out that my confirmation letter that I sent to all of you had the shooter's briefing and first shot a half hour late!!!!

I've changed the note, but for those of you already signed up...I'm so embarrassed! :blush:

Shooter's briefing 7am at the Coors Center. First shot 7:30am August 6, 2009!!!!

Grrr!!!!

I'm sorry! Please forgive my idiocy!!!!

Denise (the senile) Johnson

It's all good.... 30 Min... no problem,,,,

I will be so excited I won't be able to sleep anyway.

Jim M ammo

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question:

One of our new shooters with his son are booked into the Colt Motel in Raton.

I've always stayed at Whittington.

If you know anything about it, he'd just like to know if the low price means it's a little buggy...or whatever.

You can pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting on line!

Thanks guys!

See ya in less than 2 months!!!! Aargh!!!! :wacko:

Denise

Dragon Tong,

I am looking forward to seeing you again! My Cowboy Action friends Ken and Woo, and my late pard Dennis Ming, all had the nicest things to say about y'all! :cheers:

Edited by dillon