Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WAITING for Custom Pistols

RangerTrace

Back in January I started working with Wilson Combat on a group pistol purchase for the Rangers. The pistol markings took several months to come together and we started placing orders in July or so.

I placed my order (for a light weight Professional in 38 Super) which shipped on Wednesday night.

OK, it should be here on Thursday......right? Its always overnight shipping on guns, right!! WRONG!!

I tracked my package and learned from WC that UPS now allows them to use 2 day shipping.

So, now its Friday and the long awaited day has come!!!! I mope around town all day, waiting for the call from my FFL. After the usual time passes, I check the tracking number and learn the shipment was delayed and won't be here until Monday. I know it is the weather but it still makes me sick!!

Does this sound familiar Sethmark!!

Back in January I started working with Wilson Combat on a group pistol purchase for the Rangers. The pistol markings took several months to come together and we started placing orders in July or so.

I placed my order (for a light weight Professional in 38 Super) which shipped on Wednesday night.

OK, it should be here on Thursday......right? Its always overnight shipping on guns, right!! WRONG!!

I tracked my package and learned from WC that UPS now allows them to use 2 day shipping.

So, now its Friday and the long awaited day has come!!!! I mope around town all day, waiting for the call from my FFL. After the usual time passes, I check the tracking number and learn the shipment was delayed and won't be here until Monday. I know it is the weather but it still makes me sick!!

I feel your pain. UPS not delivering on Saturdays is one of the great tragedies of waiting for guns/parts in the mail.

post-13546-1229125637_thumb.jpg Here is a photo taken by Wilson. Mine is the one in front.

Sorry about this. Do you want to bet, if you need to return the gun, that UPS will make you use next day air? :angry:

Stay Safe,

A.T.

post-13546-1229125637_thumb.jpg
Here is a photo taken by Wilson. Mine is the one in front.

Looks nice...post up photos of yours when you get it..going to be long weekend.. :D

I was thinking.."get over it.." until I saw the pictures... Instant wood. :cheers:

I was thinking.."get over it.." until I saw the pictures... Instant wood. :cheers:

Coming from you Merlin, THAT is one hellova compliment....................thanks!

:mellow: Your not going to put that in a holster ....?Are you?

I think he plans on putting it in a holster AND betting his life on it! A fine looking gun for a man in a very fine profession! May it serve you well for years to come! :cheers:

I finally got to pick it up today. It is everything that I asked for and expected. It is not very racey, but perfect for my daily carry/duty gun.

pro010.jpg

pro011.jpg

pro015.jpg

Looks like an application to the Single Stack Elite Snob Club to me?

Beautiful!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments!! I am very happy to finally have it and can hardly wait to shoot it. The weather has been real crappy here for the last several days. I may just have to wait until next week to qualify with it.

This is my second Wilson and I have been impressed with their work. I would like to see what they could do with an STI based pistol. They offered to build me one if I would send them a frame/slide but I just can't afford that build right now.