Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plaxico how did he shoot himself ?

Driving yesterday, on the XM radio Opie and Anthony knew right much about Plaxico's problems. Don't follow football so had little intrest except the accidental shooting part.

They claim he had a CWP in Florida that had expired. And of course even if in effect was not good in NYC. Opie said Plaxico carries a Glock 40 to protect his Bling. And of couse since out clubbing was fully decked out. The pistol was tucked in his waistband no holster. It slipped out and fell down his pants leg. He grabbed for it and through his pants leg hit the trigger causing the accidental discharge.

Sounds fishy to me.

Boats

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.40 Means pro but .45 equals experence. Wonder if a Block dropped through your pants leg is more likely to go off than a Cocked and Locked Goberment model ? It it fell on your toe no doubt the 1911 would cause more damage, no substitue for weight.

Boats

Anyone that chooses to carry a Glock (with a round chambered) in their waistband without a holster is an accident waiting to happen. The fact that he was carrying illegally and in a club no less, speaks volumes about his level of intelligence, or lack of.

From the link to Fox Sports that was in the hate thread thread was closed:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8866348

The Post also said that Burress, 31, was allegedly trying to enter the club with teammate Antonio Pierce when they were stopped by security guards.

Burress, who caught the game-winning touchdown against the Patriots in January, admitted to the guards that he was carrying a gun. He then allegedly went over to a secluded area with a guard and took the gun out, the Post said.

Burress apparently started trying to unload the gun and bobbled it. An accidental shot went off and went through his leg.

Whether he dropped it down his pant leg or not...there is a lesson that gun toters can take away from this...

- Guns go off when they are getting handled.

The fact that he was carrying illegally and in a club no less, speaks volumes about his level of intelligence, or lack of.

No it doesn't.

I'll bet we all know plenty of (good) people that carry in places that might not be legal to do so.

Do a search for "judged by 12 instead of carried by 6" on ANY gun forum and you will get a bunch of returns. One gun forum I go to has a sticky thread with the title of "Carry your f*#king guns". ..and has examples as to why.

He is guilty of breaking a law on paper...yet he has an inherent right to self defense. And, he is likely at a greater risk than most any person on this forum (that doesn't put themselves on the line by choice of job). Sure, he could stay home and not go places that were risky. Then again, we could all live in isolation from others and hide out all our lives. (lives?)

I can't speak to his level of intelligence, but I won't make that judgment based on the fact that he choose to bear arms.

Flex is right on. The only problem I have is if he was in a club the chances of alcohol being added to the equation is high. Alcohol and firearms is never a good combonation. Most people's overall intelligance decreases as alcohol consumption increases.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the Flexanator...you cannot legislate stupidity and that is the crime of which he is guilty. I have a CHL, have taught the course since 95, but absolutely DO NOT carry where prohibited by law...if I felt that strongly that I might need a pistol in a place which was prohibited, it a choice to either intentionally break the law or make the correct decision and do something else where the law is not broken...High visibility has nothing to do with it, do these guys immediately go DUMB when they strike it rich with a big contract in sports...seems like it to me...All of them who have any inclination to do as Plaxico did should include an attorney as part of their Posse, so they would at least be informed Before the act happens...

I have NO sympathy for these guys who bring trouble with the law upon themselves...it is equivalent to shooting yourself in the....thigh, I mean foot...

His right to self defense went out the window when he intentionally broke the law...if he is such a tush hog on the field surely he doesn't need a gun off it...

Insert icon of Tightloop shaking his head B)

His right to self defense went out the window when he intentionally broke the law...

I would be incline to agree if the law that was broken was a law that deals with the perp violating someone else's rights. In this case, the law that was broken was a feel good law that violate ones right to self defense.

Carrying where you shouldn't? There's a reason my state opted not to make that a crime. You may be evicted from the premises if you are asked to leave, but simply posessing a firearm is different from using it. If it turns out he was waving his gun around, taking dry fire practice while he was waiting for drinks, or arguing with a 1911 devotee over whose gun was superior, its another thing altogether.

Where I think he really messed up was in not using a decent holster. Carrying a bare gun in one's waistband is an accident waiting to happen, and poses a public safety risk, as demonstrated by this example.

That said, I'm not sure being stupid and shooting yourself in the leg is worth 3 years in jail, a fine of several million dollars, and the loss of a career. If you drop a loaded gun at a match, you get DQ'ed, a scratch on your gun, and you get called fumble fingers by your shooting buddies.

He is guilty of breaking a law on paper...yet he has an inherent right to self defense

True, but this right does not give him the right to carry concealed without a permit.. I would question his lack of intelligence based on his method of carry, and thinking he could get by security. Are these the type of people we want to support and encourage to carry concealed no matter what?

Edited by Sac Law Man

The fact that he was carrying illegally and in a club no less, speaks volumes about his level of intelligence, or lack of.

No it doesn't.

I'll bet we all know plenty of (good) people that carry in places that might not be legal to do so.

He is guilty of breaking a law on paper...yet he has an inherent right to self defense. And, he is likely at a greater risk than most any person on this forum (that doesn't put themselves on the line by choice of job). Sure, he could stay home and not go places that were risky. Then again, we could all live in isolation from others and hide out all our lives. (lives?)

I can't speak to his level of intelligence, but I won't make that judgment based on the fact that he choose to bear arms.

FLEX - great post! :cheers: I agree 100%.

No knock on you HV, I just think Flex's statements are spot on.

He is guilty of breaking a law on paper...yet he has an inherent right to self defense

True, but this right does not give him the right to carry concealed without a permit.. I would question his lack of intelligence based on his method of carry, and thinking he could get by security. Are these the type of people we want to support and encourage to carry concealed no matter what?

The falls in line with my way of thinking as well.

Taking a gun into a night club is not a responsible act.

Its best he shot himself...not an inocent bystander.

I have no sympathy for him.

Jim

I think it should be rephrased.

Taking a gun ANYWHERE should be OK. Going out 'clubbing' with a gun is not such a good idea.

Taking a gun ANYWHERE should be OK. Going out 'clubbing' with a gun is not such a good idea.

You contradict yourself.

Now why is it that I give up my right to self defense because I decide to have a beer or go dancing.

On another track. Is our right to self defense a natural right, or is it a right given to us by the state?

yankee Dog

The 4 Laws of Gun Safety

The 1st Law - The Gun Is Always Loaded!

The 2nd Law - Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy!

The 3rd Law - Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It!

The 4th Law - Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target!

He broke at least 2 of these laws.

The 4 Laws of Gun Safety

The 1st Law - The Gun Is Always Loaded!

The 2nd Law - Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy!

The 3rd Law - Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It!

The 4th Law - Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target!

He broke at least 2 of these laws.

Amen.... :bow:

You contradict yourself.

Now why is it that I give up my right to self defense because I decide to have a beer or go dancing.

On another track. Is our right to self defense a natural right, or is it a right given to us by the state?

yankee Dog

I didn't say you have to give up the right. I said I think it's a bad idea to carry while drinking. If I go out to have a couple of drinks, I choose not to drive just like I choose not to carry. Regardless of the law.

As to if self defense is natural or state given. Due to my religious beliefs, to me self defense is mandatory, not simply a right.

Again, on the surface this may sound a little contradictory, but when I do drink, I CHOOSE to not carry a gun, I didn't say I choose not to defend myself.