Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Trigger Poll

badchad

I also use the Vanek "drop-in" trigger as it comes from Charlie Vanek. I used a lightened f/p spring, and f/p safety spring.

My card says M.

The Glock trigger really is crap, and you have to at least polish it. How much is up to you. I personally hate polishing little parts, and would rather buy a polished item than waste my time doing it. And in buying one, it usually has other mods done to it (ala Vanek, Sottello, etc.) which are fine with me ..... as long as it never compromises reliability.

This poll is to see if my observations about shooting level and Glock trigger choices is accurate.
I guess that a lot of not so great shooters tend to think they get better with a lot of mods.........

I used to think this way, but the better I got, I realized it was the Indian, not the arrow after all. I'm back to a stock trigger and springs with only the Ghost Rocket O/T stop.

I have a Vanek drop in trigger, but a stock striker and striker spring, as well as stock trigger spring.

When you revert back all the springs does the trigger feel much different that a stock one to you?

I can’t say that I’m much of a trigger connoisseur, but when I put my stock striker spring back in with my Vanek (production legal) drop in kit, I couldn’t tell much difference between it and a new G35 stock trigger. Then I put just the reduced power striker spring in my new G35 and felt a big difference. Whenever I take my gun apart to clean, which is frequent, my nice polished parts are always fowled up and eventually show some scratches anyway FWIW. For now I’m running everything stock.

I have a Vanek drop in trigger, but a stock striker and striker spring, as well as stock trigger spring.

When you revert back all the springs does the trigger feel much different that a stock one to you?

Yes. I ended up with a 4# smooth pull and a little shorter but strong reset. I just cannot rationalize doing anything to a competition gun that can reduce its reliability. There really are not any mods that can make a stock Glock more reliable...

...but a thousand mods that can erode its reliability. That is why I stick with stock springs.

This poll is to see if my observations about shooting level and Glock trigger choices is accurate.
I guess that a lot of not so great shooters tend to think they get better with a lot of mods.........

I am not sure how you get that from the data collected. The only reliable pieces of information is that there are a lot more B and below shooters than A and above shooters that have responded to the poll. Of course you did not need a poll in the first place to know that. Other than that I see no statistically meaningful trends.

Other than that I see no statistically meaningful trends.

It would be nice if we had more numbers, but the one figure, so far, that stands out to me is that 4 out of 5 GMs shoot with a stock trigger. This does fit with the gyst of what I have heard mentioned here, and the only Glock shooting GM I personally know, shoots with a stock trigger.

I keep telling myself that I am going to do a trigger job on the used G34 I have been shooting. I honestly didn't know what was in it. I haven't had it apart for a year (and that was to put a stock striker spring in it...).

I had it apart last weekend. Turns out it had a LW connector in it, not a Glock. So I guess I was mistaken. Though, I'd just as soon have a Glock connector in it. (If I had a spare I wasn't using in another gun, that is what would be in it.)

There is going to be some info gaps in the poll. Many GM's do not meander the BE pages and weigh in. I know for a fact that Ron Avery's G34 has a Vanek trigger kit in it and I'm almost positive Ara's does too, but I doubt either of them will show up on this.

There is going to be some info gaps in the poll. Many GM's do not meander the BE pages and weigh in.

Excellent point. I would imagine that a heavy majority of GM and "Super" GM competitors are accually...shooting. :)

Jim

Part of the fun shooting as a B shooter is trying different things. I personally am not looking to get to A or M just by trying different parts... but I'm just having fun playing. No I'm not the type of guy that changes things day to day either!

I'd imagine GMs have already spent their time "playing around" and have found what works for them. ;) That being said... I am somewhat surprised that any M or GMs still use a COMPLETELY stock trigger- it sucks out of the box and can be made much better without sacrificing any reliability.

• 2 weeks later...

A "B" shooter put a reduced power striker spring in this "C" shooter gun while just hanging out. Almost wish I had the stock one back in for this poll so that I could say it was "just polished" and look less like a posher or wanabee. I honestly don't think it matters.

Prod M, Lim. A, L-10 A. 34's and 35's, 5.5 lb. connectors and stock springs in everything. I used to polish them but the last ones I put in I didn't even bother. I pay a lot less attention to the trigger than I do to how I actually pull it.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this thread back to life (from the dead).

Well I changed out my vanek to a close to stock trigger today. I don't know. At first I liked it better but when all was said and done, I just don't know.

My card says Prod. B, Limited B