Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

09 MGM Ironman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packing equipment is always nuts for this..

ok - Today starts the exercises program.. don't want to peak too early.

Probably best if I just wait until tomorrow.. so I start at the right altitude.

I hit the road tomorrow! This should be a great match as always!

I think I'll start my exercise program in the motel tomorrow night. Yeah, that will prevent an early peak, I'm almost sure! .....Or not!

Maybe I'll just consider my ammo packing tonight as my exercise!

Our squad was left wondering.. for the round counts.. how many are estimated for the spinners? I think it was seriously under :)

Thanks to Travis, and all the ROs, support staff and Sponsors.

Only feedback - too many Spinners for pistol .. Shotgun - no issues.

ETA: We had a great squad. 4 finishers in the top 10 for Tac-Scope!

Chris was 3rd

John was 4th

Todd was 5th

Dan was 10th

Dave

Edited by BerKim

Our squad was left wondering.. for the round counts.. how many are estimated for the spinners? I think it was seriously under :)

Thanks to Travis, and all the ROs, support staff and Sponsors.

Only feedback - too many Spinners for pistol .. Shotgun - no issues.

ETA: We had a great squad. 4 finishers in the top 10 for Tac-Scope!

Chris was 3rd

John was 4th

Todd was 5th

Dan was 10th

Dave

:surprise:

WOW!!! You guys rocked it! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheers:

This match just gets better and better every year!

The stages this year were set up in such a way that they ran more efficiently, and were easier for shooters to understand without as much RO direction on the stage. Though the round count was slightly lower, the match was no less challenging. As usual, the ROs and staff did a great job of keeping the match running and helping shooters through the stages.

Stage 7, the totally blind Pirate-Hostage escape stage is quite possibly the best stage I have seen at a 3 gun match ever. Very creative and challenging. Thanks to Sam and the guys for making that happen.

Thanks again to the Gibson family for putting on the most technically challenging and physically demanding match in the country!

Congratulations to all the other competitors who completed the match in Trooper class. Simply finishing the match in Trooper is no easy accomplishment.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

An incredible match, and yes stage 7 was the most innovative and fun stage I have ever shot. It was fun to be the first on the squad and then watch the rest of the guys go through it.

A huge thanks to Mike, Travis and all the RO's and staff for great time and well run event.

The great thing about the Ironman is once you have shot this match, no stage at any other 3-gun match seem challenging. When you've shot a 100+ round course of fire with rifle, pistol, and shotgun with slugs, buckshot and bird shot the typical 30 round mutli-gun stage seems ....well... simple.

Thanks again to the whole crew in Parma, and I'll see you next year.

One more thing, the "Ironman" of the match is Travis, that guy was everywhere, ROing, resetting stages, running around on the quad picking up score sheets, answering dumb questions from competitors, fixing props. I don't think I every saw him when he wasn't moving, I don't even think he stopped to eat. The match is named for the guy who keeps it running.

Thanks Travis!

Edited by TMC

This was absolutely the best (and most challenging, and most downright grueling) match I have ever shot...and stage 7 was the best of the stages. Longer review to follow...still unpacking after the FNH/Iron Man 4,980 mile road trip :)

Travis is Da Man...but his Da Minions are great too :D

Alex

Here's me on stage 7:

Unreal, what the hell was that ? Next year I'm there for sure, going to start saving ammo now !! :angry2:

As quoted before, quite possibly the most inovative 3gun stage ever !!! :cheers:

Yeah, stage 7 made the whole match. Best stage I ever shot, even though I screwed it up big time. (Love the Doom sound track Russell)

Lets see.. I brought 4 guns, used a Thompson and a MP5 on stage 6, then an AK47, M4 and M240 on stage 7. So this makes it a 9 gun match?

This years match was awesome. I had a ton of fun and was totally exhausted Sunday and Monday.

A huge thanks to Travis, Mike, MGM, RO's and all the match sponsors for all the hard work and donations and letting us come out and play.

Edited by Chris