Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

09 MGM Ironman

Just got some pictures from the 2008 Ironman from George and Stephanie at GS Arms (ARlowers.com). It breaks my heart that I can't make it to Ironman this year, the wife says if I miss my daughter's HS Graduation on 6/13 I'm a dead man. For those 3 gunners that have not shot Ironman, you really need to give it a try. Here I am before the start of Scott's stage, #5?.

post-8887-1230132977_thumb.jpg

Where is all of your rifle ammo!?!? It must be staged in the car :roflol: All this winter weather is really making me miss shooting!!!

Adios,

TG

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this winter weather is really making me miss shooting!!!

Adios,

TG

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaa tttt?

No shooting in the winter weather??? :surprise:

OH NO!! We are still shooting...it just isn't "short pants" weather any more. Things slow down when there is snow on the ground and cold temps!!

Adios,

TG

Stephanie & I (GS Arms LLC) will be helping to sponsor the match again this year & with luck, I might get some practice myself so I can shoot a little better than last year.......... :ph34r:

Merry Christmas to all in the Gibson & Chidester households!!!

Thanks George!! Merry Christmas to you too!!

Adios,

TG

Quote from Busyhawk - "You know I run stage "7" and have for the last couple of years...I can't believe you forgot. You catch/chase me???? NEVER!"

Sorry big guy, I can't count much higher than 5. Just for giving me a hard time, here is another shot of you on stage 7. It looks like you and your assistant RO are getting ready to head up range as I go for the dummy.

post-8887-1230164194_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doug H.

!!!!UPDATE ON AMMO FOR IRONMAN!!!!

We are going to have three ammo suppliers involved with the MGM in 2009. If you want to buy ammo to be delivered to the match you can contact either Bob Buckley @ bob@arms-r-us.com , Scott Hawkins @ kevin.scott.hawkins@us.army.mil , or Travis Fisher @ travis@sheepdogammo.com These guys will have just about everything you will need. If you run out of ammo at the match, Travis Fisher will have ammo on site to buy. I don't think he will have shotgun rounds, but you can contact him to make sure.

Let me know if you have any questions, and please check out the website for updates!!

Adios,

TG

Stephanie & I (GS Arms LLC) will be helping to sponsor the match again this year & with luck, I might get some practice myself so I can shoot a little better than last year.......... :ph34r:

Merry Christmas to all in the Gibson & Chidester households!!!

George/Stephanie

Thanks for thinking of us!! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. Also, thanks for supporting our match and thank you for what you did for Andy. He still squeals like a pig going down a water slide about the lower you sent to him. I can't get him to shut up about it LOL.

We better see you two at S.H.O.T. if you can pencil us in :cheers:

Eryk and Tennille

Adios,

TG

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaa tttt?

Have Travis send you the link on You Tube of the video pulling his truck out of the snow at the range. It's GREAT!!!!!!

Also, for everyone inquiring about the Iron Man, Tennille is making me mention the FAQ's about the Iron Man on the mgmtargets.com web page. For all of you veterans of the match, if there is something that you think needs to be on the FAQ's, let us know what it is and we will get it added.

Eryk

Sure we shoot in the winter, it just looks like this!

post-4152-1230952964_thumb.jpg

Here is tgibson on the left after getting hoodwinked!

post-4152-1230953002_thumb.jpg

We had drifts all over the range and had to plow because people wanted to shoot. The wind was blowing so hard the only thing that would stand up was a MGM plate rack and dueling tree. We had a blast.

Adios,

TG

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaa tttt?

We had drifts all over the range and had to plow because people wanted to shoot. The wind was blowing so hard the only thing that would stand up was a MGM plate rack and dueling tree. We had a blast.

WOW I don't even recognize the place :surprise:

Almost looks like Rio Salado when it snowed during the SMM3G match a few years ago :wacko:

Almost looks like Rio Salado when it snowed during the SMM3G match a few years ago :wacko:

Here is a link to one of the local forums. Check out the pics and video from AFTER the match! Good fun indeed!!

Adios,

TG

Edited by tgibson

Here is a link to one of the local forums. Check out the pics and video from AFTER the match! Good fun indeed!!

Adios,

TG

I stand corrected.. :bow:

Nice to see others as crazy as us Maine Yankees!

Other words to replace "crazy"...stupid, pin-headed, etc. I am sure you can come up with a couple of your own. :roflol:

Adios,

TG

• 1 month later...
From the MGM Website:

>>Every stage has a 10 minute time limit and the average time spent shooting on EACH stage is about 7 minutes

Travis.. is there really going to be a 600 second timeout this year? on all stages?

I believe it was something like 480 sec last year.

From the MGM Website:

>>Every stage has a 10 minute time limit and the average time spent shooting on EACH stage is about 7 minutes

Travis.. is there really going to be a 600 second timeout this year? on all stages?

I believe it was something like 480 sec last year.

Last year, after all the RO's voted on it, we tried 420 on a couple of stages and it did not work at all. About half the competitors timed out on them. From now on all stages, with the exception of the zip line, will be 480 seconds. For the mathematically challenged like myself, that is minutes.

Adios,

TG

Edited for spelling

Edited by tgibson

Since even Travis is challenged...the time limit is 8 min per stage.

You really need to help set-up this match to understand how much time and energy it takes...not counting then shooting for score and then ROing it too! Last year, stage 10 with the golf cart, I don't believe there was any staff member that could shoot the stage in the 7 min time! I still had 6 targets with slugs to go when the timer went off. The whole MGM crew work thier butts of so you guys and gals can shoot your butts off:-)

Like one of the MGM motto's state: "You get to shoot as much as you want...then you have another 9 stages"!

MGM forever,

RLTW,

Scott