Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting an Amplatzer tommorow!

-JQ-

I'd better NOT recognize any of you coming at me with shaving tools tomorrow!

I hope the groin-shavers are professionals. :blink:

Joel, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Hopefully you did not let them shave you but rather got the hot wax.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx for all the support!! i,m sitting in my hospital room fit as a fiddle and with no pain. the procedure went very well. in fact I was totally awake the whole time! that had me worried at first but once they got going it was really cool. I got towatch on the xray and echo screens in real time...and talked to the dr the whole time time too. he had a couple of new dr watching too so we all got to learn. this was much easier than many dentisit visits I've had...no kidding

the hard part was lying still afterwardfor three hours without moving my leg.

on a side note my groin has never seen this much attention!!

ill be home tomorrow and off work for a week - resting :-)

thx again!

Thanks again to all who sent their thoughts and prayers! And a BIG giant thanks to the University of KY Medical team and Dr. Gurley!!

I'm back home and taking my prescription of football today...still can't stomach the bengals though...getting beat by the Texans?! right now...

Seriously, I'm to take it easy for the next week with no real lifting <10 lbs or so...and no going to work :cheers: . Then the next month still taking it easy but getting back into the groove. The only bummer is I'll have to take blood thinner for the first month but I'll get over that. Then I'm going to get my tail back into fighting condition. I truly feel better already!

This procedure didn't even require stitches! They made two holes about the size of the hole where my IV was and that is it. Of course it is quite sore and bruised but no big deal overall.

Next Sunday I believe I'll be ready for a local match...and maybe the rifle side match...but will be really careful carrying equipment and ammo. I may use a little red wagon to haul stuff around.

Bruce glad to hear your daughter did well with this too!

Joel

HK,

Glad to hear you are ding well. Prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery. Glad to hear your groin got all that attention too. Now to convince Mrs. Zip that mine requires attention too. :rolleyes:

Somehow I think I should just stay away from that line of reasoning, and not ruin a good thing. :roflol:

Wow, I step away from the PC for the weekend, and you have heart surgery! I wondered where you were Sunday, but I didn't get to ask anyone because I was too busy shooting my worst. I am now wondering what the hurry was for the recent order, did you take your stuff to and from the hospital in the new range bag? Glad to hear it went well Joel, and hope your return to the range is as fast you want it to be.

Wow, I step away from the PC for the weekend, and you have heart surgery! I wondered where you were Sunday, but I didn't get to ask anyone because I was too busy shooting my worst. I am now wondering what the hurry was for the recent order, did you take your stuff to and from the hospital in the new range bag? Glad to hear it went well Joel, and hope your return to the range is as fast you want it to be.

Thanks Mike. I didn't take my new bag to the hospital - they provided a really nice dress for me the whole time I was there! That bag is killer BTW!

I'm resting up this week off work and working on dry firing, mag changes and my web site...

I have some nasty bruising coming to the surface but the soreness is going away. So I think I'll make the Oxford match unless something else odd occurs.

Glad to hear all went well.... Now we need Flex to change the deal under your name to

IRONMAN!

NAME GAME!!!!

I think that is fitting!

Glad you came out alright....stay away from the microwave.....errrr big magnets? :wacko:

No, no, no. Ironman had an exo-skeleton per se. Joel is now a cyborg! B)

No you are missing the point... Ironman had a big ass piece of metal implanted in his chest to protect his heart. The suit was just cool hardware... he couldn't live without the magnetic stuff in his chest. Plus, Ironman has more than one meaning and is user friendly. ;)

Edited by JThompson

While you guys figure out my new moniker, I'm going to take my first drive...yep to the Fun Store and Bike shop!

When's that 3 gun? :D

SUNDAY!!! Bring that new Benny heater with ya! :cheers:

P.S. I hear chicks dig scars :roflol:

Edited by steel1212

If Joel shows up at the BGSL 3 gun so soon after heart surgery I would suggest Mettle Detector

Was that a freudian slip? I'm not sure they have a device yet that will indicate people who mettle. :lol:

OK, Ironman works, but we have to tape one of those glowstick necklaces wrapped in a circle to his chest.

If Joel shows up at the BGSL 3 gun so soon after heart surgery I would suggest Mettle Detector

Was that a freudian slip? I'm not sure they have a device yet that will indicate people who mettle. :lol:

OK, Ironman works, but we have to tape one of those glowstick necklaces wrapped in a circle to his chest.

Not a slip at all. That was a play on words delivered with deliberation and mischievous forethought.