Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Shot Lube

Just a quick follow up on the recommendation from users here to try One Shot lube, quite a while ago!

Unbelievable difference in loading effort, I can't believe I didn't try it earlier.

I almost fell forward on the first stroke of my SDB with a One shot lubed case because of the lack of 'effort' required.

My elbow thanks you!!

I use it with my Dillon 650 and it works great. Sometimes I'll forget to spray the first few cases and as soon as I start loading I quickly remember to get the rest as the pull on the press is so much heavier without it.

I usually leave it on. Use sparingly - you don't need much. Sometimes I overdo it w/ too much & then I take it off w/ 10 min. tumbling in clean corncob. Vibraclean loaded rounds?!?!?! Sure. Live on the edge. I do.

I too heard about the stuff from Brian. Awesome product!

How do you guys apply it?

Me? When I'm done sifting the media out, I spray the cases right there in the sifter. A couple 2-sec bursts (for ~300 cases) while I shake the hell out of them works pretty well.

The only problem is that it leaves a residue in the sifter and media-dust accumulates.

I have a couple large aluminium lasagne pans...the "disposable" kind that cost about $3 for a package of 2. Each holds about 250 .40 cases, laying flat. I just dump in cases, get them all laying down flat and fire away. Then a quick shake of the pan back and forth to help the lube distribute around and off I go.

I'm with TDean. Give the cases a shot right in the sifter. Should I forget I have been known to blast 'em in the 650's casefeeder then turn on the feeder to let it distribute. Only problem is not using it.

I hope I never turn out to be that stupid, that guy (JP4) needs to carry a sign to warn people that he is that much of a mental midget.

:lol: Somehow I doubt that ANYONE would have to listen to that guy for too long before they figured out he was an idiot!

If you like the idea of labeling the stupid people you will LOVE this article Tattoo Artist Inks His Revenge..

-ld

I got into the same discussion (argument) on the bullseye list one time. I could not believe the responses; don't need with carbide dies, lube on case will blow up gun, too expensive, how to clean off, etc. I group these with the same class of reloaders that think you need to clean primer pockets and trim for pistol rounds and stick with single stage presses for everything.

My recommendations for more efficient reloading overall is lube lightly with something like one-shot or the liquids (cases flat on a towel and shake before dumping in case feeder). I shoot High Master in Conventional with lead bullets and using lube has never been a problem or concern. As well as thousands of rounds in Glocks, 1911's, S&W's etc with about every caliber.

Just leave it on - no problems ever.

be

Brian, on the Competition Reloading video tape from Dillon, you recommend tumbling the lube off of the loaded rounds. What changed your mind?

-Chet