Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$2.75

G-ManBart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $3.69 last week for premium and I was giddy. There's just something not right about that.

2.99 here in mid Michigan and I am with HighVelocity, when it gets to 1.50 a gallon we will be paying a fairer price.

$3.29 this morning out here on the left coast. based on the price of oil dropping almost 50%, gas should be about $2.26 a gallon now. but that ain't gonna happen-time to gouge. i better be quiet of someone will accuse me of a hate crime.

check out some of the prices around the world.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

Having spent a quarter of my life based out of European bases, I remember all too well what it was like buying gas off base. 400% markups were the norm in Germany, Italy, Austria,and The Netherlands.

That said, I paid $2.90 this AM, but saw it for as much as $3.25 a few miles away. Makes one wonder.....

Oh, and yes, the conditioning failed.... I still think the current price is close to double what it's worth, regardless of how much it has dropped. :rolleyes:

I am probably going to date myself here but I remember as a new young driver growing up I paid .17-.25 a gallon. Then 1974 hit and it took a pretty good jump and has been climbing ever since.

The only solution is to end our dependance on foreign supplied oil, clean out the cooruption in our own government, and find a renewable energy replacement. :cheers:

Matt's got a point there, the crude we see coming right now will take a bit before it clears the refineries. I have a future son-in-law that works for a distributor in the Metro Detroit area. I will ask him if he knows what the normal time it takes to show up at the pumps.

I wonder what this will do to new products like the Chevy Volt?

It shouldn't matter. This price drop is seasonal, it will crank way back up next summer. Worldwide economic slowdown puts downward pressure on oil prices... but once things turn around gas goes back up fast.