Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship...7th Annual

By chance, I'm going to be in Phoenix (from Michigan) over the weekend, and I'll be able to look in at the match for maybe two or three hours. I'd particularly like to see TGO, Nils, and Taran shoot. When are squads one and two shooting? The squads don't shoot in the order of their squad number, do they? Or do they?

Edited by Gallow

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By chance, I'm going to be in Phoenix (from Michigan) over the weekend, and I'll be able to look in at the match for maybe two or three hours. I'd particularly like to see TGO, Nils, and Taran shoot. When are squads one and two shooting? The squads don't shoot in the order of their squad number, do they? Or do they?

Looks like we all shoot at the same time as there are the same amount of stages as squads. I assume we start on the stage that is the same as the squad number.

Looks like we all shoot at the same time as there are the same amount of stages as squads. I assume we start on the stage that is the same as the squad number.

Ah! I get it. Thanks. That would mean that all shooters have to be there both Saturday and Sunday, right?

Edited by Gallow

Yes, everybody is there both Saturday and Sunday.

The Staff is in setup mode and the weather looks to be in the low 70's for the match.

Bring sunscreen....

You guys have a sun out there? I've heard of it. We don't got no sun in Michigan that I can remember.

But I'll be at Rio Salado this weekend. Thanks.

Yes, everybody is there both Saturday and Sunday.

The Staff is in setup mode and the weather looks to be in the low 70's for the match.

Bring sunscreen....

You guys have a sun out there? I've heard of it. We don't got no sun in Michigan that I can remember.

But I'll be at Rio Salado this weekend. Thanks.

In some parts of the country, the far north, I think the sun is also know as the great glowing fire orb. It's something that shines dimly for a few minutes between the risings of the moon.

Bring water too...... enjoy it.

I wasn't going to post this but what the hell, let the confusion begin. Stage 2 and 3 are in the same bay with 3 being down range from 2. I don't see how there could be more than one squad on 2/3. That means that there are 12 bays and 12 squads. That would mean that squad 1 and 2 start on stage 1 and 2 respectively. Squad 3 and higher will start on Stage (squad number +1). Or I may just be smoking crack...

OK Supper Squad/ Squad 6 ..let me know if we are ALL doing supper on Sat night....A friend has kindly offered to reserve us a room at a restaurant and needs a count (approximate)... need to know asap

(possible Mexican food)

It will be fun!!

Cheryl :)

Edited by ccur

OK Supper Squad/ Squad 6 ..let me know if we are ALL doing supper on Sat night....A friend has kindly offered to reserve us a room at a restaurant and needs a count (approximate)... need to know asap

(possible Mexican food)

It will be fun!!

Cheryl :)

I'm in :cheers: Plus another Puerto Rican (ysued).

Nanci and I are up for supper :cheers:

Jim

Nemo

Sit next to Nanci, NOT Jim at dinner. IF they are sitting next to each other, put Nanci between you and Jim

That's one of the reasons I'm hanging with Yamil. He makes an excellent human shield. :goof:

Hi all...........here is the latest..........weather has been cold here the last few days............I wore a sweat shirt all day.....except for the steel match tonight.....but then again we started shooting at 3:00PM...........high has been in the low 60's the last two days...........god this sucks.......!!!!!! I need 80's!!

Anyway.......it looks like the weather will be great..........like I promised.....stages look good, and alot of fun..........really............if you get here soon enough, come out Friday afternooon, and check out the stages and pick up your packet and shirt, so we can get started on time Saturday.........

there will be a shooter briefing at 0700 on Sat....so we can start shooting at 0730 on Sat......

and again...........everyone has to help teardown on Sunday, because I have to leave to watch my Cardinals win the Superbowl........!!!!!

Steve

..........one more thing to all............this match has and will always be what I have always wanted..........a shooting match......you all come here to shoot the best Single Stack match in the country...............and you will get that.......those of us that have been there the last 6 days (some of you, the last 6 years) put our heart and soul into this match......because we beleive that this is the best match of its kind out there..........so please come, have a great time, enjoy some great shooting, some great people and have fun!!!!!!!

When you run into Jay Knight and Bob Gerek, say thanks............Kyle, Polle and Rich know that I couldn't do this without them......truly........they are the guys that make this match happen........more than me............................

Steve

It looks like it is going to be only 40 degrees warmer than the last WSSSC I shot...

Local Text Forecast for

Mesa, AZ

Jan 31 Saturday

Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 40s.

Feb 1 Sunday

Sunshine. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 30s.

:cheers:

Later,

Chuck