Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just watching Shooting USA

vrmn1

Seems like the consensus I remember is that they can be lightened to between 7 and 8 lb and still fire every time. 10-shot 617's w/ DS-10's are a lot of fun to shoot (& cheap, too).

I've never figured out how to get a 617 under 8 pounds and keep it reliable enough for match shooting. And believe me I've tried.

The DA trigger on my 617 is every bit of 10+ pounds.....but it's nice and smooth, and it doesn't misfire!

I would bust my butt trying to do that. Why not just shoot and move laterally?

Or bust something laughing. :roflol:

With about 8 seconds between the "contact" command and the second shot, they better not try that against someone who can actually shoot. :wacko:

His fingers must be rocks. I heard once that he actually puts a heavier than factory trigger return spring in.

I got to dry fire the revolver he was using at an ICORE match in 2007,...the action was really smooth, but not light, just very smooth.

He told me that he has put heavier trigger return springs in, the trigger has to stay in touch with his finger.

I have been very fortunate to see Jerry shoot many times over the years since I live in Louisiana, to this day, I am still amazed at his ability. He has always been one of the friendliest guys on the range and doesn't hesitate to answer any question, no matter how elementary it might seem.

The DA trigger on my 617 is every bit of 10+ pounds.....but it's nice and smooth, and it doesn't misfire!

Isn't that kinda like saying "but she has a great personality"? :roflol:

Yeah, well, there's nothing you can do when you're trying to make a revolver function reliably with rimfire ammo. They simply take more energy (i.e. more mainspring tension) to light the priming compound.

All rimfire revolvers are "3:00 A.M. girls" in terms of DA trigger pull. It's that or go home alone.

Isn't that kinda like saying "but she has a great personality"? :roflol:

Yeah, well, there's nothing you can do when you're trying to make a revolver function reliably with rimfire ammo. They simply take more energy (i.e. more mainspring tension) to light the priming compound.

All rimfire revolvers are "3:00 A.M. girls" in terms of DA trigger pull. It's that or go home alone.

ROTHFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard a rumor that Jerry has been training with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsO6BqBvFJw...feature=related

Does that silly ninja roll have any practical use in defensive pistol shooting? The only time I've seen that usefull is when trying to break a fall.

It is a primitive signal to others of the type that they have a death wish and are idiots.

My 617-6 is 7 lb DA. That's with an 11 lb Wolff rebound spring. My 617-1 (old type firing pin and forged hammer) is marginally lighter. Also with 11 lb rebound spring.

I'd be curious to see how you measure trigger pull (everybody seems to do it a little differently). And I'd be curious to know what ammo you're shooting, and the number of occasional misfires you're able to tolerate.

I can make any 617 have a 6- or 7-pound pull. That's easy.

Making it go bang reliably enough for competition shooting? Well, that is another matter altogether.......

I've never figured out how to get a 617 under 8 pounds and keep it reliable enough for match shooting. And believe me I've tried.

I stand corrected. Great memory has never been one of my strong points.

Is there any particular brand of .22 ammo that never fails? I typically use the 550-round bricks of Federal. Failure rate on these is only ~1 round per brick at the most (my perception, anyway). Had much worse luck with at least one other brand.

Edited by chemepharmd