Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No gas

bulm540

Now that is just unconscionable. I don't mind a little global warming or the occasional corrupt politician or greedy corporate financial institutions wrecking the economy but when a man can't buy enough gasoline to get to a shooting match, well, that just ain't right.

Why is there no gas in Nashville???

Now that is just unconscionable. I don't mind a little global warming or the occasional corrupt politician or greedy corporate financial institutions wrecking the economy but when a man can't buy enough gasoline to get to a shooting match, well, that just ain't right.

I'm guessing they get gas from Houston like Atlanta and Tallahassee. Refineries are shutdown here from Hurricane Ike.

Jack

Maybe they got the winds we did her in Cinti...people still don't have power...70+ mph winds. Our old forests aren't too keen on that stuff - trees and power lines down for days. And this was all in 70 degree weather and mostly sunny. No rain mostly bright sun and massive wind.

Dale You shooting BGSL tomorrow? I'm bringing a newbie to practical pistol...should be fun.

Maybe they got the winds we did her in Cinti...people still don't have power...70+ mph winds. Our old forests aren't too keen on that stuff - trees and power lines down for days. And this was all in 70 degree weather and mostly sunny. No rain mostly bright sun and massive wind.

Dale You shooting BGSL tomorrow? I'm bringing a newbie to practical pistol...should be fun.

Yeah Dale you shooting tomorrow :rolleyes:

Maybe. It all depends upon how late I have to work tonight....and if I can get gas in the morning. :)

Two days ago my girlfriend tried to get gas at two different PB stations just outside Cleveland, Ohio and they were both out. Oddly enough prices here (about an hour south of Cleveland) are dropping to pre-Ike prices. Go figure.

Sopposedly teh Colonial pipeline that brings gas to teh Mid TN area is only running at 25% plus people ( panickng) filling every available container ( coffee cups.). Well I guess I'll work on the house.

We cannot let this disrupt the state match next weekend.

There is gas available in Memphis.

If things have not returned to normal by then, I can drive my Expedition to Dickson on Friday night and pick up as many as five NTPS shooters.

If you can't get here any other way, organize it and e-mail me.

Tony

I work Nashville and the worst night was Friday, we had fights, a stabbing and lines of cars from the gas stations going out into the roadway. People would jump in front of the line like they are at the lunch line in high school. Just think how the fine folks here Nash Vegas reacts to this, wait till something big happens. We had one lady actual get pi** off because TDOT only but 1 Gallon of gas in her car and that was free. I hate people that are why I work a K-9.

I work Nashville and the worst night was Friday, we had fights, a stabbing and lines of cars from the gas stations going out into the roadway. People would jump in front of the line like they are at the lunch line in high school. Just think how the fine folks here Nash Vegas reacts to this, wait till something big happens. We had one lady actual get pi** off because TDOT only but 1 Gallon of gas in her car and that was free. I hate people that are why I work a K-9.

Doesn't Sam Keen live in that area? I'm sure he has pleanty of gas lol. :roflol:

In Charlotte and areas south, there are fights at the pump, people being arrested, etc. There are people following the tanker around to get gas where he pulls in. I was allowed $20 worth today and all they had was premium so I waited in line for less than 5 gallons. Makes you think about just how vulnerable we are both as a country and as individuals.

What the heck is happening in your part of the world for the gas to be drying up? Aren't they able to adjust prices to adjust the demand (woops, I forgot, the elections are just around the corner.)

Better no gas, cheap, then plenty of gas with higher prices I suppose - for election time.

The price drops here in the west have been dramatic but the supply has been fine. After the elections I would expect a nice jump up in prices and, in your area, an abundance of product.