Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open / L-10 Nats Banter

That was actually what I saw for most of the stages. Mud depth wise at least. It was muddy everywhere but I didn't see the holes that would suck up your leg to the knee (okay a bit of an exageration) from 2007. I don't think the mud was every up over the top of my shoe in the shooting area.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was actually what I saw for most of the stages. Mud depth wise at least. It was muddy everywhere but I didn't see the holes that would suck up your leg to the knee (okay a bit of an exageration) from 2007. I don't think the mud was every up over the top of my shoe in the shooting area.

That was the deepest I saw too!! And I went to every stage except the Standards!!

That was the deepest I saw too!! And I went to every stage except the Standards!!

Stage 14's start position had you standing in a ditch with mud over my ankles.

However, it was great to shoot with all the people in my squad in both matches. The ROs all did a great job.

Edited by racerba

Stage 14's start position had you standing in a ditch with mud over my ankles.

Missed that one Bob!!

Did you process the Pics I gave you???

Brad was on my squad (6), he kicked our butts all over the range. Even when he wasn't feeling well he still shot like a champ. He should do well at the World Shoot...

Of course his target bagging abilities leave something to be desired.... :P Sorry Brad, couldn't resist

The mud around the shooting area on 10 was deeper but mostly that was because of the build-up of junk we were pulling out of the shooting area to try and keep it reasonably stable/safe. So my viewpoint on mud depth is skewed. :D

Thank goodness your photos don't have smell-a-vision! :D :D :lol:

PASA in late September. No worries.

Troy

LOL!!

PASA in September can fluctuate from the upper 90's to the low 40's!!

You never know what you are going to get!!

Remember the 1995 Limited Nationals?? the had to cancel the shooting for the PM on Day one!! I know, I was on the PM Squads, we had to make them up on day two!!

Y

Wishful thinking or inside scoop Troy?

I wouldn't mind a trip to PASA actually. Never been there and wife's family is in St. Louis so can get double duty out of the trip. She has been wanting to show me around St. Louis for a long time but never managed to make it back there.

I wouldn't mind a trip to PASA actually. Never been there and wife's family is in St. Louis so can get double duty out of the trip. She has been wanting to show me around St. Louis for a long time but never managed to make it back there.

And you can stop at the White Castle on Exit 225 off I-70 in St. Charles!!

YUMMY!!

That used to be my normal pit stop on my trips from Columbia to the St Louis Airport!!

Y

After four years off action shooting

It definitely has not been even close to 4 years bro. I'm pretty sure he just joined the Army last year.

He also shot the '06 A-7 match, Nov./Dec. Front Sight p. 52.

Edited by kend

Ah sorry about the confusion guys. I spoke with the "MACHINE GUN" aka Brad today he said it has been about two which makes sense because he is my age duhhhhhhhhh! Still extremely impressive, he told me he puked at the match. Kind of to the extent of Jake's profile picture hahaha. His great way of adapting to situations like that are another reason why I feel he is pro material...

Brad has a great head on his shoulders and is extremely positive in everything he does.

I just know his potential is limitless and he will only continue to excel.

Troy

LOL!!

Remember the 1995 Limited Nationals?? the had to cancel the shooting for the PM on Day one!! I know, I was on the PM Squads, we had to make them up on day two!!

Y

Laugh all you want: they may have to cancel due to heavy weather, but there is little risk of losing stages or a match due to foot-deep water, inadequate props, and poor drainage, plus even with a little rain, it drains off and you can continue to shoot with only minor interruption. I was there in 93, too--it rained so hard we had to quit, but we still made it up. Temperature is temperature--it won't be much different in Tulsa than at PASA, so pack your jacket and sunscreen and don't worry about it.

USSA is a good range, but it needs fixing. The range, steel, and props at PASA don't.

I'm just sayin'...

Troy

Wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind a trip to PASA either.

Troy

but I wouldn't mind a trip to PASA either.

PASA...no thanks. I don't like visiting foreign countries. America does just fine for me, thanks, mud and all :roflol:

The range also needs more parking...especially if they want to host the WS.

Alex

Troy

LOL!!

Y

Laugh all you want: they may have to cancel due to heavy weather, but there is little risk of losing stages or a match due to foot-deep water, inadequate props, and poor drainage, plus even with a little rain, it drains off and you can continue to shoot with only minor interruption. I was there in 93, too--it rained so hard we had to quit, but we still made it up. Temperature is temperature--it won't be much different in Tulsa than at PASA, so pack your jacket and sunscreen and don't worry about it.

USSA is a good range, but it needs fixing. The range, steel, and props at PASA don't.

I'm just sayin'...

Troy

I know!! I did several Nationals there!!

PASA is not a bad range, it does drain pretty good too.

Didn't we cram 30+ stages there in 98 for the North American??

The only negatives I see with PASA are..... the hotels are 30+ miles from the range and the nearest Airport (real Airport, where Real planes fly to, not the Buddy Holly Specials) is over one hour away!!

Other than that PASA is a really good range. It all depends on ow USSA deals with the Drainage issues and if shooters want to go back to PASA. It might be a great place to hold a match, but if the Participants don't want to go there.....

The 08 Nationals were full!! You know it, you had to deal with it!! You did a superb job with them too!! You guys did a marvelous job!! Now time to plan for 09 Nationals!!

Y

The range also needs more parking...especially if they want to host the WS.

For World Shoots the hosting country has to provide bus transport for competitors/RO's. There is no range anywhere in the world that I am aware of that could cope with 1200 shooters + RO's vendors etc arriving by cars.

USSA may want to check access roads to the range to make sure that a flow of buses could arrive, drop off and drive off (via another exit) from the range, to keep the flow moving.