Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open / L-10 Nats Banter

Morning all,

I though I would start a new thread for the match that starts today. As far as predictions, I predict rain.

Later,

chuck

Edit to add predictions

The forcast as of 12 Sep 08 0745 PDT

Open

Chris Tilley 1

Max 6

TJ 1

The Jet 2

Dave Re 2

L-10

Bob Vogel 3

Taran 1

TGO 2

Manny 2

Sevigny 2

Ted Puente 1

Shannon Smith 1

TT 2

Special Category

Rich seems to want Jake's swimsuit entered as winning range apparel.

Edited by ChuckS

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ted Puente has a great shot at the L10 title, as does Manny Bragg.

Squad 18 alone is pretty awsome. TT go 2 for 2? I am sure all the others are HIGHLY motivated!

82 BRAGG, EMANUEL

260 BUTLER, TARAN

10 KOENIG, DOUG

235 LEATHAM, ROBERT

147 MCGINTY, JAMES

14 MICULEK, JERRY

148 OLHASSO, DAVID

62 PUENTE, TED

3 SEEKLANDER, MICHAEL

50 SEVIGNY, DAVE

257 TOMASIE, TRAVIS

Morning all,

I though I would start a new thread for the match that starts today. As far as predictions, I predict rain. The radar doesn't look too good :(

Later,

chuck

Radar looks crappy and the view out my window is, well...wet. The NWS says the rainfall amounts should be light, a couple of tenths, unless we get a genuine thunder boomer. Most of us have delt with this before, it is just an unconfortable way to spend the day. Footing in most of the bays is sloppy and a few had standing water in the shooting area. I expect the everyone will cowboy up and shoot no matter what.

We are dealing with the small stuff here compared to the folks on the coast, keep them in your prayers.

David C

At this hour----9/11/01---- Never forget!

Wow, 8 post until TGO.

That might be a first.

The Limited shooter talent pool is so very deep.

10 rounds give a bit of experience to the Production guys, and those that used to break-down stages with single-stack guns (Robbie, TJ, Ron ?). But, that isn't likely to be a real factor. Hitting all those extra reloads might be. (nah...:))

Hit factors will be lower in L-10 than the Limited guys are used to. So, points take on a bit more importance. But, at the top of the standings...these guys are getting their points. So, again, that probably won't be a real factor.

I haven't looked closely at the stage designs. If stages are such that shooters are pushed empty often (either on purpose or through make-up shots) then that could be a factor. A lot of Limited guns aren't setup to run toward empty, let only slide lock. That will cost some guys some placement.

All in all, I think it comes down to who is mentally there...in the moment. Go figure.

There are at least a couple stages that are very likely to cause 10 round shooters to go to empty mid stage. I think Travis will have the edge in this one. The only difference for him will be doing a couple extra reloads. For us wimpy Production shooters the change will be going to Major which I think will be a bigger change than an extra reload or two per stage.

At the top I can see Travis, Robbie, Dave, Bob, Manny or Ted. I think this one is going to be very tight.

I've never had much trouble go from minor to major. Then again, I started out at major with the same exact platform (G35), so maybe that is my experience.

Chuck, you don't put Dave in the top 5 ?

Scratch that. I read wrong.

I was all ready to say that my gut was telling me that TJ would be a good pick to win L-10. Then I read where somebody posted that he was shooting Open (which makes sense). So, my gut feeling isn't calibrated very well. :wacko:

don't rule out the jet in open. he showed up in norco last weekend and laid waste to a field of over 80 shooters.

Butch - Are you serious? That's freakin' awesome to have Jethro in again!!!

Rich

check it out...their world team came over to warm up...

http://uspsa2.org/match_results/match_disp...06&club=NRG