Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saw A Cool Trick Saturday

JimmyZip

I saw a neat trick several weeks ago as well.

the classifier had a string of weak handed shooting only.

I saw chadGUNer grab the front of his open gun and transfer to his weak hand to shoot so I tried it to I grabbed the top of my revo with my strong hand around the cylinder, pull from my CR Speed and then grab the grip with my weak hand and shoot.

Much better than transfering from hand to hand with the grip. Much faster too.

<_< I had a bussy week and a match on Sunday. Unloaded start, :goof: Hey I can try the trick, Practice I don't need no stinking practice.

:blush: the towle on the barrel stuck to the mag and as I backed up the mag droped out of the gun. :blush: back to barrel for a new mag. 6 seconds later I get off my first shot.

<_< I had a bussy week and a match on Sunday. Unloaded start, :goof: Hey I can try the trick, Practice I don't need no stinking practice.

:blush: the towle on the barrel stuck to the mag and as I backed up the mag droped out of the gun. :blush: back to barrel for a new mag. 6 seconds later I get off my first shot.

Well, that was a cool trick.

I did it at last weeks match and it was perfect. Someone yelled something about a "gamer move", but I didn't care. Another man tried it and lost about 15 seconds fumbling with the disaster! :roflol:

The entertainment value was high!

Bill

After reading this thread, I decided to give it a shot at a local match this past weekend. Perfect setup. Hard table. I'm using a limited gun with a big magwell. Practiced it a bunch at home. At the match, with a LOADED mag (as opposed to unloaded practice), the 1st bullet hit the magwell goofy and bounced 2 out. I could've quickly saved it and continued, but I didn't think I could finish down 2 rounds. Fortunately, I had a spare sitting on the table for just that reason. Cost me about 1-1.5 seconds.

Fun to try. Would've been a cool moment if it worked. Won't do it again.

I saw a neat trick several weeks ago as well.

the classifier had a string of weak handed shooting only.

I saw chadGUNer grab the front of his open gun and transfer to his weak hand to shoot so I tried it to I grabbed the top of my revo with my strong hand around the cylinder, pull from my CR Speed and then grab the grip with my weak hand and shoot.

Much better than transfering from hand to hand with the grip. Much faster too.

I think I'll try that. You've definitely got my attention. Hmmmm. :blink:

I have witnessed this technique 5 or 6 times over the past year. It's either a beautiful thing to watch and a train-wreck in progress (which is entertaining for the spectators only). I do try to practice this when I am working on 'gun off table' type drills........very inconsistent results to date.

read the start very carefully as well... unless otherwise stated, start with the slide locked back as well then insert mag and let the slide close... begin shooting, just another little bit of time you can save.

Are you sure about that....

8.1.3 Courses of fire may require ready conditions which are different to

those stated above. In such cases, the required ready condition must be

clearly stated in the written stage briefing. When a Handgun Ready

Condition requires a handgun be prepared with an empty chamber (or

cylinder), the slide of the handgun must be fully forward (or the cylinder

must be fully closed) and the hammer or striker must be fully down

or fully forward, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified in the

stage briefing.

It appears that you might have gotten it backwards

Edited by Alan Meek

read the start very carefully as well... unless otherwise stated, start with the slide locked back as well then insert mag and let the slide close... begin shooting, just another little bit of time you can save.

8.1.3 Courses of fire may require ready conditions which are different to

those stated above. In such cases, the required ready condition must be

clearly stated in the written stage briefing. When a Handgun Ready

Condition requires a handgun be prepared with an empty chamber (or

cylinder), the slide of the handgun must be fully forward (or the cylinder

must be fully closed) and the hammer or striker must be fully down

or fully forward, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified in the stage briefing.