Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9L production list?

dcarter

. What really is the purpose in the 9L anyway? Those that don't want a fiber in the front site can simply remove the fiber and fill the offending hole. Am I missing something here?

I think the Pro's trigger is below the 5lb IPSC minimum right? So that means it couldn't be used internationally. The 9L is above the 5lbs and is already approved on the IPSC Production List. The list even specifically states that M&P9 Pro is not approved. In addition, I think the 9L is being marketed to the LEO "Tactical" crowd who feel safer with a heavier trigger.

It looks like S&W wanted to make a gun that was ready to shoot in USPSA Production out of the box. But yeah, S&W should have just made one gun with the same product number and heavier trigger. The people that want a better trigger will get it worked on anyways and most people that I've seen that have the Pro (myself included) have changed out the sights as well.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Pro's trigger is below the 5lb IPSC minimum right? So that means it couldn't be used internationally. The 9L is above the 5lbs and is already approved on the IPSC Production List. The list even specifically states that M&P9 Pro is not approved.

I guess that's why they were treated as two separate guns... but it still would have made more sense (and cost a lot less $$) to design/manufacture only one 5" slide, and offer two "versions" - which could be treated as the same model for our approval purposes.

...S&W should have just made one gun with the same product number and heavier trigger. The people that want a better trigger will get it worked on anyways and most people that I've seen that have the Pro (myself included) have changed out the sights as well.

I agree...

Julie, we'll let it slide this time, but please let S&W know that next time they want to produce/market/sell a new pistol, they should first check in with us for help on the strategy! ;)

:roflol:

Edited by Xfactor

I think Julie should encourage S&W to allow a Brian Enos group buy at a reduced price so we can get up to the required numbers. I know we would all show off our new M&P's, encourage others to buy them and tell everyone about S&W's commitment and dedication to the shooting sports. :rolleyes:

Edited by Glshooter

My memory is bad but on another board with an M and a P in the name I was given the name of a friend of a friend at S&W. I emailed these same questions in early November I think, and was told numbers at that time were around 1200 with only runs of 20 at a time being added as needed. If nothing else I will surely find out if the guy knew what he was talking about. I hope this helped add to the confusion.

I think Julie should encourage S&W to allow a Brian Enos group buy at a reduced price so we can get up to the required numbers. I know we would all show off our new M&P's, encourage others to buy them and tell everyone about S&W's commitment and dedication to the shooting sports. :rolleyes:

Good thought but forum rules do not allow group buys.

Yeah I read that... what's wrong with a group buy that everyone is able to benefit from? Brian's rules, it's his house, I was just wondering.

Yeah I read that... what's wrong with a group buy that everyone is able to benefit from? Brian's rules, it's his house, I was just wondering.

Nothing's wrong with a group buy that works out for everyone; the problem is that in most group buys there's some kind of hiccup --- unless you personally know all of the people involved. We made a conscious decision that we didn't want to deal with that here --- both because it would potentially create a lot of work, and because it would/could detract from the forum's core purpose.....

It was sort of meant as a joke with the key words being REDUCED PRICE!!

. What really is the purpose in the 9L anyway? Those that don't want a fiber in the front site can simply remove the fiber and fill the offending hole. Am I missing something here?

I think the Pro's trigger is below the 5lb IPSC minimum right? So that means it couldn't be used internationally. The 9L is above the 5lbs and is already approved on the IPSC Production List. The list even specifically states that M&P9 Pro is not approved. In addition, I think the 9L is being marketed to the LEO "Tactical" crowd who feel safer with a heavier trigger.

It looks like S&W wanted to make a gun that was ready to shoot in USPSA Production out of the box. But yeah, S&W should have just made one gun with the same product number and heavier trigger. The people that want a better trigger will get it worked on anyways and most people that I've seen that have the Pro (myself included) have changed out the sights as well.

I think you answered your own question --- marketed to different groups of shooters, one IPSC Production legal, one not, different slide profiles, slightly different weight.....

IPSC would turn down any gun specifically made for competition.....