Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

steel challenge

outerlimits

Good luck to our new Central Texas Junior Open sensation, Jakob, who is in Piru with AlamoShooter. Break a bullet. ;)

ETA: "Junior", and good luck to all the Central Texas contingent.

Edited by Steve J

in .22, Dave Sevigny edges BJ for the win by half a second or so. Times IIRC in the 50.xx range.

If the phone just rings and rings at Sedro, the reason is pretty much the entire office is here, plus all the USPSA Area directors.

TGO seen shooting a longslide limited steel gun, and BJ sporting the new M&P longslide (and a S&W shirt-- they picked him up a little while ago) practicing for tomorrow.

There's a bunch of cameras here-- Saul is setting up to do a SC DVD -- It's his first time here, but he's won the European Steel Challenge several times. McBane was seen grousing about something and asking 'where the wimmen at?" earlier this morning ;). A couple local TV vans also rolled by while we were at the practice range.

They also have a shuttle / hayride over to Accelerator now. Woo hoo!

You guys gotta see BJ's rimfire setup. Tactical Solutions 1911 top end on a S&W scandium 1911 frame.

His limited M&P has a sweet trigger too.

Tetsuya Sakai is back this year. The open race should be a good one.

Lot's of S&W sponsored shooters here this year.

Good luck too all,

Seiichi

Oh yea, Jamie Foote has changed his name to "James", according to the USPSA :roflol:

Edited by itchy

Oh yea, Jamie Foote has changed his name to "James", according to the USPSA

Hey, watch it, or I'll change yours, too! :roflol:

Bruce

....just like you did to me at Area 1, right? At least you were nice enough to put that sticky tape over it!

Hope you're having fun Bruce and that the TS upper is running for you. I just bought a case of CCI .22 [0030] at K-rings for less than I could find anywhere on the web, so you might want to check that out when you get home - he had several left. Good luck and have fun.

Phil wins Limited in the low 90's somwhere (92 or so I think) with an amazing comeback from 6 seconds off the pace on the first stage.

2nd I think was JJ, with BJ just edging Dave for 3rd around about 95.

BJ and Sevigny are just about tied going into tomorrow for Steel Master.

I had a couple good stages, and a couple less good ones. We're having a good time as always. Coming to Piru is like a big family reunion.

One down note-- the squadding was, um, sub-optimal, today.

We had 14 on our squad.. shooting on the schedule right before the SS. Right before us was another 15 person squad, including some cowboy single-action shooters. It didn't take long for the 45-minutes-per-stage schedule to get all kinds of backed up, so much that we almost had to miss our last stage and come back 2 hours later since the ROs headed out to lunch-- Mike Dalton jumped in and saved us. .

Not fun, and not necessary--- The cutoff should be about 10-12. The only help needed is two painters, so squads can be be as small as 6 without trouble.

Well I had 3 of my best-ever stages and 2 of my worst.. Going to end up slower than last year, but that can be worked.

In other news as we left the range, the leader board going into roundabout was KC, Max, BJ & Jerry. The talk was all of Max's Smoke and Hope- his first four runs totalled under 8 so he went for it on the last one and hit a 1.69.

I also heard that BJ had a 30 second run on his first but kept the pedal down and finished with a total just over 8

Here is the best I could get of the results for right now. Tried to upload a pic of the results sheet, but couldn't get it done.

1. KC - 79.16

2. BJ - 80.84

3. JJ - 83.19

4. Max - 85.00

5. Jerry - 89.57

6. Todd - 89.64

7. Dave - 90.23

8. Phil (Open) - 91.25

9. Mike V. - 92.58

Tie - Phil (Lim) - 92.58

Edited by TRNinTX

anything else???

Edited to add... checked the steel challenge website and nothing there - also checked the USPSA website with nothing there; kinda figured since USPSA now 'owned' the match it'd be up there somewhere...

Edited by Catfish

Here is the best I could get of the results for right now. Tried to upload a pic of the results sheet, but couldn't get it done.

1. KC - 79.16

2. BJ - 80.84

3. JJ - 83.19

4. Max - 85.00

5. Jerry - 89.57

6. Todd - 89.64

7. Dave - 90.23

8. Phil (Open) - 91.25

9. Mike V. - 92.58

Tie - Phil (Lim) - 92.58

Is this the final standings then? I'm thinking it is since Tim posted this late Saturday night.