Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Brand Bullets Do You Use?

PistolPete

Production Minor/SSP/ESP - 180gr. Rainier FMJ

Lim 10 Major/CDP - 230gr. National LRN

Limited Major - 200gr. Precision

Open Major - 115gr. Montana Gold

Plinking with my carry or fun guns: Rainiers, Blue Stars, Montana Golds, Nationals, Precisions, etc... etc...

(IPSC G34) 9x19 .355 147gr TC Precsion over 5.0? grs of AA#5 Fed SP primer (not sure of OAL) 145 PF

(TRNinVA) .45ACP .452 200gr SWC Prescsion over 5.4gr of AA#2 Win LP primer (1.250 OAL) 167 PF

(Me) 40 S&W .401 185gr TC Precsion over 5.5gr of AA#2 Fed SR primer (1.185 OAL) 185PF :blink::o

Some load development work is currently going on. I've reduced my charge to 5.2gr and will get updated PF info soon. Also, the paticular batch of 200SWCs Dad's shooting only weigh about 198grs.

No complaints about Prescion at all, has been a good bullet so far.

Relatively new to the reloading scene, but here is where I am right now:

38 Super- 9.1 HS6 / 125-gr. Zero FMJ / Federal SR primers (Major)

- 7.4 IMR 7625 / dot / dot (Major)

- 6.0 IMR 7625 / dot / dot (Minor)

Star 147gr. JRN in Production.

Star 230 gr. JRN in Limited and Lim-10.

Used to shoot Montana Gold 115gr. JRN in Production.

Will order some 230 gr. .45s from MG since I picked a certificate off the prize table at the FGN.....

• 7 months later...

If you just feel like directing your shooting dollars to people because they're nice, you won't go wrong sending it to Montana Gold. Just got off the phone with them this afternoon. It'd be tough to ask for better customer service.

I lucked out. Most guys shooting 40's were using MG 180g FMJ's when I started reloading, the local range had them, so I bought what everyone suggested. I used 5.6g VV N330 last year and switched to 5.0g VV N320 this year. CCI 400 primers. Next winter I plan to test the 180g CMJ from MG.

IDPA: CDP,SSR

230 FMJ Berrys

IDPA: SSP, ESP

124 FMJ Montana Gold

124 FMJ Berrys

USPSA Limited

185 Precision "Black" for practice and local matches

180 FMJ Montana Gold for Major Matches

180 JHP Berrys

USPSA Limited 10

230 FMJ Berrys

USPSA Open

124 FMJ Montana Gold

USPSA Revolver

230 FMJ Berrys

.40 S&W: Berry's copperplated FP, 180 gr. 5.2 N320 OAL: 29.7mm (Standard Division)

.38 Super: Armscor 124 gr FMJ. 9.4 SP2 OAL: 31.7mm (Open Division)

.38 Super for Bianchi: Fiocchi 115 grs RAM, 6.5 N350, OAL: 31.8mm

DVC, Henny.

121 or 125gr Hornady HAP for Super. They're XTP-accurate and at $45/K drop-shipped in bulk, an excellent deal.

I've also used tons of Montana Gold (almost as good in JHP form) and Star FMJ (a little spotty sometimes, but usually good), but our local source for those dried up so we started a group-buying club.

Montana Golds. Reason, they sponsoered the Area 8 Factory Gun Championship where I was MD. Because of this, I tried them and because they are VERY accurate I continue to use them. Their 147 grain flat points are tack drivers(!!), and they cut nice holes for a 9mm.