Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA 2008 State Match website and general information

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely do not go all the way down to Atlanta, there are several places to cut across, Brian mentioned the best. Atlanta, being the most traffic dysfunctional city in the south, has no quick and easy way to get from 75 or 85 to 400.

As for food, our famous Weenie Woman will be selling her goodies on Saturday and Sunday but she cannot make it on Friday so I will have someone selling dogs Friday but they will be woefully short of the real thing from the Weenie Woman. She sells Huge dogs for $3 (includes your choice of Chili, cheese, onions and all sorts of other stuff), drinks for a buck and chips for a buck. She also said she was going to work on some BBQ maybe.... Whatever she brings it will be good!!!

For ROs working this weekend please be at the range by 7AM. For squadding questions or issues you will have to see me in person as I am buried by all the last minute stuff but I tried to accommodate all requests. Sat AM/Sun AM is wide open, All day Sat and Sat PM/Sun AM are packed but I am confident that it will move along well.

Looking forward to a beautiful weekend and I am hoping that the weather man is as whacked as the pollsters who think Obama is going to win!

Mark

For you Florida people, I drove from Warner Robins to the I-285/I-75 intersection north of Atlanta on Monday. I encountered no traffic problems related to construction but the number of fools who have no business on an interstate highway increases with each mile you roll closer to Atlanta. There will be work going on the bypass around Macon but according to the news on TV tonight, that is going to take place only late at night.

Also, it is going to be a bit cooler than expected this weekend. Might want to bring long pants and a sweat shirt in addition to the jacket.

Charles

You're about that tall too!!! (grain of salt) ;)

Dude, have you been hitting the bottle tonight?? I don't recall having to look up to you......Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones......taking bets on how long it takes Wheaton to chime in on this one!!!!

So Cleats would be the shoe of choice eh??

No need to fret guys, the minimum ride height gauge is not being utilized this weekend..... :surprise:

Now THAT'S funny I don't care who ya are!! :goof:

I USED to think I was a GM until I ran into this gal from TEXAS at the TN State match.......

Beaten by a girl again I see. :roflol:

edited due to a story better told in person

Edited by stik

You're about that tall too!!! (grain of salt) ;)

Dude, have you been hitting the bottle tonight?? I don't recall having to look up to you......Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones......taking bets on how long it takes Wheaton to chime in on this one!!!!

So Cleats would be the shoe of choice eh??

No need to fret guys, the minimum ride height gauge is not being utilized this weekend..... :surprise:

Now THAT'S funny I don't care who ya are!! :goof:

Come on!!!!!!! I thought you guys were better than this....Let me HELP YOU!!!!

post-6763-1224761719_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

If you are coming in from the north on I85 South the best route will be:

I85 South to Hwy 20 West to Buford, GA

Take 20 West to Cumming, GA

Hop on GA400 North towards Dahlonega, GA

Take GA400N to Hwy 369 West

Take Hwy 369 West to Yellow Creek Road

Turn right on Yellow Creek Road

Drive until you see the RBGC sign on the right.

or

If you are coming in on I985 South:

Take Hwy 369 (through Gainesville) West all the way to GA 400.

Cross GA 400

Continue on Hwy 369 West to Yellow Creek Road

Safe trips for everyone and good luck!

Having never been to this range what restaurants are close to the range and/or the match hotel?

Peter Adams

FY-39604

The hotels have the usual options within driving distance. The range is located in the middle of the Georgia foothills and their are no restaurants within a reasonable distance, but as Mark has said, the 'weenie woman' will be there to serve up a little food!

Having never been to this range what restaurants are close to the range and/or the match hotel?

Peter Adams

FY-39604

I just happened to talk with a local in my office yesterday and was told the seafood buffet at the restuarnt behind Captain D's is outstanding. My past experience also leads me to believe that Chris Patty can always lead you to a good place to eat.

My past experience also leads me to believe that Chris Patty can always lead you to a good place to eat.

A good place to eat.....very likely. A good place to stay.....not so much. <_<

Chris,

Since you mentioned it, you aren't staying at the match hotel are you? :surprise::unsure::surprise:

Do I need to bring a long gun???? :ph34r:

My past experience also leads me to believe that Chris Patty can always lead you to a good place to eat.

Chris,

Since you mentioned it, you aren't staying at the match hotel are you? :surprise::unsure::surprise:

Thats funny right there. :roflol:

Chris,

A group of us needs to get together and pop a few caps in Chris' front yard about 3 am. Otherwise he might not feel like this is a real match.

Chris,

A group of us needs to get together and pop a few caps in Chris' front yard about 3 am. Otherwise he might not feel like this is a real match.

Not me... I've seen chris shoot that could be bad for my health :-)

Peter Adams

FY 39604

If you are coming in from the north on I85 South the best route will be:

I85 South to Hwy 20 West to Buford, GA

Take 20 West to Cumming, GA

Hop on GA400 North towards Dahlonega, GA

Take GA400N to Hwy 369 West

Take Hwy 369 West to Yellow Creek Road

or

If you are coming in on I985 South:

Take Hwy 369 (through Gainesville) West all the way to GA 400.

Cross GA 400

Continue on Hwy 369 West to Yellow Creek Road

Safe trips for everyone and good luck!

If you are coming south on 85 do NOT take Hwy 20. There are about 20 stop lights in the first 2 miles. I would give BrianATl's advice a try (that's how I'm going home tomorrow night.)

Cut across west on Hwy 129 or Hwy 53 to get to range

For anyone fortunate enough to have been shooting today... :devil: Did the range seem to be draining well or should I plan on bringing my waders tomorrow... :blink:

Blake

Alot of rain today but no waders necessary, no mud to speak of that I saw. Sunny and 60's for tomorrow.

I played RO today. It rained pretty steadily all day although not a torrential down pour. I can only remember one short stage where it wasn't raining. Despite all that and a balmy 52 degrees the conditions were far better than at the Nationals. There were only one or two small puddles, no oozing clay and no pungent aroma of bovine waste products. The footing was uniformly very good. We didn't have one shooter slip all day. Those of us who shot Nationals commented multiple times on the difference in the condition of the stages compared to Tulsa under very similar rain falls.

We had more than a few Mikes and several failures to engage today. I'm looking forward to a great match tomorrow and better weather.