Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congratulations to Cliff Walsh!

Carmoney

Guys, our buddy Cliff did us proud in Europe these past two weekends, winning Revolver Division at the Kongsvinger Open in Norway and finishing a strong second at the Extreme European Open in the Czech Republic. IPSC matches are tough, and there are a bunch of serious wheelgunners over there, too.

Great job, Cliff! :cheers:

Thanks Guys. The match in Czech was great. 30 stages, 550 rounds in 3 days. There was even a beer tent on the range. (no you could not drink and shoot.) The shooting was hard. Lots of small plates, long shots, low ports, swingers and eveything else you can think of. I had many extra reloads. It was a lot of fun too. I think I learned a lot. It is tough to get 99.91%. You can pick any mistake and that cost you the match.

It was a great time. If you can make it here for a match, just do it.

Sascha Back put the scores on his site:

http://saschaback.de/Ergebnisse/2008/cz_ee..._stage_Revo.pdf

http://saschaback.de/Ergebnisse/2008/cz_eeo_2008.pdf

The results from Norway are here: http://www.triggerfreeze.com/results/2008/ko/okt01_mt.htm

Cliff

... and I am sure they will be able to re-stock the beer that he drank within a month or two...

Along that line of thinking there should be an overstock back here in the states with him gone. ;)

Way to go, Cliff!!! :cheers:

Did you remember to tie the bow on your skirt the way that I taught you?

was that the skirt from the back 2 back match?

way to go cliff!

BTW your gun did not help paul in the irc

Way to go, Cliff!!! :cheers:

Did you remember to tie the bow on your skirt the way that I taught you?

Elaborate :ph34r:

I told him to put it in the back... and make it real big and pretty, to accentuate certain parts... oh, wait, maybe he should wear it in front... :unsure:

Good Job!!! Tell us what kind of effort it takes to get guns and ammo to those venues.

Bob.

It was not very hard. I went to Norway 1st and just printed out the match invitation. Once in Norway, I went to the customs office and filled out a form with the ss#, model, etc. When I go out, I return the form to show the gun is out of the country. The rest we did by car and only saw one border control point and that was after the match when we crossed through Austria to get to the other side of Czech. We just showed out passports and crossed. We have a Czech match invitation but did not need to show it. The ammo is restricted by the airlines. I think I read that you cannot have hollow points in Czech but I don't use them so I didn't read the whole thing.

The whole thing was very easy. There are many matches in Europe with shooters from all over so I think it is all pretty routine.

If you get the chance to go, take it.