Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tigger in ICU

AikiDale

I've spent $550 in the last week at the vet for drugs and xrays, could be another $1200 to $2000 before it's over. Assuming she lives I'll forget about the money. The 6" Fat Free will have to wait for next year. Tigger is now in a cage with an IV, possible multiple surgeries in the offing and her blood work is all over the chart. As of today the Vet gives her a 50/50 chance. Oh, and we don't know what happened to her. Horse kick or snake bite are possibilities, so is a spider bite or another poison. Organ failures are being handled, maybe, at the moment.

:(

Yep. Put over $3K into Griffen last Summer...so know the feeling. And I'd do it again if I had to.

This is one of the prices we pay for total devotion and love.

Best wishes for Tigger and a speedy recovery!

prayers for tigger..

we had our big cat in once for kidney failure and surgery.. 2k later and 4 weeks recovery..he is still with us.. one of the ER vets even suggested putting him down..

not even considered..

Ah, right - I thought I remembered your dog having a "cat name"....

Winston, Pfoebe, and Annabelle all send their wishes for him. Let me know if there's anything I can do from here...

I hope all goes well for you and Tigger.

I've been through putting a pet down and I wish no one ever has to bear that emotion.

While not as much money I went through an event a few years ago.

Took Harley into the vet (special call on a Sunday) and she said he was as close to being a dead kitty as you could get and still be alive.

11 days and $600 later with no job and no home I left for the trip (move) 1600 miles to Arizona. I had to feed him through a feeding tube in his neck and inject IV fluid under his skin to keep him going and hydrated for the trip.

Ended up being about 2 feet of string or yarn caught up in his system and it did not show in the x-rays with the dye. Once that passed through he was good to go. He was lucky most times in does not pass and they do not survive.

Best Wishes for a positive outcome

I've spent $550 in the last week at the vet for drugs and xrays, could be another $1200 to $2000 before it's over. Assuming she lives I'll forget about the money. The 6" Fat Free will have to wait for next year. Tigger is now in a cage with an IV, possible multiple surgeries in the offing and her blood work is all over the chart. As of today the Vet gives her a 50/50 chance. Oh, and we don't know what happened to her. Horse kick or snake bite are possibilities, so is a spider bite or another poison. Organ failures are being handled, maybe, at the moment.

:(

Hope she gets well soon. If it's any consolation, our little dog had a terrible bout with an immune system disorder that put her in the hospital three times and had her so close to death she stopped eating and gave up... but, they pulled her through and now (five years later) she flies through the house like a cruise missile. Hope your Tigger does too. Edited by bountyhunter

Dale, if you need a second opinion just give me a call my fiancee is a vet you have my number.

It looks like we'll be sending our dalmation down to UT for back surgery soon. Its just not a good year for pets it seems like.

Thanks for all the kind words and continuing support guys. :)

Tigger was apparently bitten by a poisonous snake; most likely a copper head. While not usually fatal for humans, dogs can be in a world of hurt. Tigger is sedated at the moment, having just had a lot of necrotic tissue removed. If you imagine a dog standing on her hind legs, she has had removed the skin from her armpits to her hips. :o She is on antibiotics and it is pretty much wait and see for the next couple of days. When she pulls through this phase, assuming no major organ failures, she will have a series of skin graphs to cover the huge wound to her belly. Today's blood tests are good in that the results are not worse than yesterday. Staff reports she seemed more alert today than yesterday. (When I saw her today she was sedated so I can't compare).

Keep your paws crossed, and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Dale

Thanks for all the kind words and continuing support guys. :)

Tigger was apparently bitten by a poisonous snake; most likely a copper head. While not usually fatal for humans, dogs can be in a world of hurt. Tigger is sedated at the moment, having just had a lot of necrotic tissue removed. If you imagine a dog standing on her hind legs, she has had removed the skin from her armpits to her hips. :o She is on antibiotics and it is pretty much wait and see for the next couple of days. When she pulls through this phase, assuming no major organ failures, she will have a series of skin graphs to cover the huge wound to her belly. Today's blood tests are good in that the results are not worse than yesterday. Staff reports she seemed more alert today than yesterday. (When I saw her today she was sedated so I can't compare).

Keep your paws crossed, and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Dale

Well Dale, I hope all is going well and Tigger is on the mend. See my Avitar-She went through surgery a month ago to the tune of about $1800 Cheap at twice the price for all the enjoyment she gives. As for the shaving part, whenever she went outside as soon as the breeze hit her belly she hit the ground to stay warm. We laughed, she did not think it was funny at all.

Tigger is in our thoughts.

Gary

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter