Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Championship

We're actually saying 2 different things. I don't think they should STRECH 10 stages into 2 days, I think there should be enough extracuricular activities to encourage folks to stick around (or get there early) to enjoy get more out of the event.

If I am going to drive 300miles, I want something to do the night before and/ or night after.

For this match and Range it could be run in 1/2 day or full day format It will be up to the staff to keep things moving if they go for a 1/2 format.

I think the idea of running the match over 2 days is a little much. To have that match you would have to drive down Friday, stay Saturday and Sunday too if your coming from a great distance. Then you would get the pleasure of Monday Washington DC traffic.... I'd have to bring extra ammo lol.

Regardless of the format, for me its a 11 hour drive. So I'll be spending an extra night in town. It will be nice to go back to VA. That's where we shot the first Summer Blast and we always had a ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, lets party, make it one stage a day and we'll take a whole week to shoot the match! 8 stages, 10 rotations per day with 10 shooters in each squad. we could run 6400 shooters through the match! a full 1/3 of all of USPSA could compete!

Or

1/2 day format and we can all have a rea good time and still have time to meet and greet friends.

Jim

• 2 months later...

Asking is too easy!

One needs to fill pages with baseless speculation, otherwise what use would the internet be?

Full-day better than multi-day. 1/2 day better yet. If Larry could run the Summer Blast in 2 shifts a day...

But that is a different match on a different range with a different mission.

I'll still be there. but it might change my plans a little as to how I go about it.

Jim

ok I'll bite can someone explain what 1/2 day, multi day, 2 day is? I think I got one day but I wouldnt swear to it. Oh And if Alan is reading I'll help with the match.

1/2 day: shoot entire match in half day either am or pm with very small squads.

Full day; Shoot match in one day from about 9-5 with squads double the above

Multi Day: Shoot part of match over the number of days (3-5days) ie Nationals or the World Shoot

6 shooters to a squad is too small, with the shooter, on deck shooter, and the last shooter that shot, it doesn't give enough people to reset stages. I like the full day format with 9 to 12 shooters on a squad, this way the shooter in the hole can even get his game on for the stage.

8 competitors per squad is the perfect number, and works well for the half day format.

Last time Area 8 was at Fredricksburg, they did the half day. On Saturday, the morning squad ran late, and the afternoon squad did not finish until it was too dark to see the targets. :angry:

Edited by wide45

Several of us "snow shooters" don't care about squadding, the date and or the location...

We just can't wait to sign up, come down, and shoot!

Now that's the right answer! :cheers:

A decision has been made, deal with it. If you don't like the format, offer to run the damn thing yourself.

Edited by vluc