Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Championship

I made the announcement on Friday at the 2008 Area Championship that the 2009 Championship will be held in Fredericksburg VA. The target dates are Aug 27-30 2009. These dates are tentative and will be confirmed later this year.

Regards,

Alan Meek

USPSA

Director Area 8

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Aug 27-30 2009 have been confirmed for the 2009 Area 8 Championship at the Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club in Fredericksburg, VA.

Lew Walker will be the Match Director and Gary Stevens will be the Range Master.

I will be adding details here as we move forward with the planning of the match.

Alan Meek

USPSA

Director Area 8

I know...almost two hours :ph34r:

So I can crash at your pad on the way? I'll bmob!

I'd be two hours farther for you, but sure. No need to bring anything, it'll be waiting on you!

I'd be two hours farther for you, but sure. No need to bring anything, it'll be waiting on you!

Groovy :) Shooting Prod?

Production it is.

Alan,

Do you know what the format will be, all shot in one day or will it take two?

Edited by SDM

I've been spoiled, the last 3 have all been less than 1.5 hours from my house. Matches are always closer for some and a haul for others; I'm sure it will still be a great match but 6 hours would be a bit of a trek. I'll have to wait and see if its in the cards next year.

When will apps be out? Ready to sign up now.

What's a six hour drive anyway! LOL - we stand around at those matches for 5-6 hours to shoot a total of 2 minutes (if we are bad) - gotta love this game!

Edited by vluc

When will apps be out? Ready to sign up now.

What's a six hour drive anyway! LOL - we stand around at those matches for 5-6 hours to shoot a total of 2 minutes (if we are bad) - gotta love this game!

Alan Meek... GREAT JOB AGAIN. :roflol:

It is so nice to have an AD that pays attention to the membership in his area. Thank you for rotating the match into VA, where many of us are located. Finally, after years we can be within an hour of the match location.

Reading the thread, it seems that ONLY the out of Area shooters are not happy with the location.

We appreciate the hard work and convenience of the location. See you at the match.

NoVaFla

With the money we all spend on guns why is anyone complaining about how much it costs to actually use one?

I plan on being there. Need to look at the rest of the summer to plan out family trips to interconnect with matches. This one could work well. Shoot on Saturday, then off to Williamsburg, over to Monticello and on towards home on Labor Day.Good plan Alan. Thank you

As my in-laws live in Charlottesville (Lake Monticello), I plan to go there with the C-in-C, visit with the family, pop over to F'burg, return in no time flat, then a leisurely drive back home - probably make a long weekend out of it.