Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Championship

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to Lew, Alan, Linda and all the unnamed that spent a week of their time (or more) to bring this match to us. We arrived on site on Friday, It rained on the way down, but when we got there it was DRY. An hour later there were areas on some stages that were 6-12 inches deep in water. And MUD.

The ranges thankfully are well drained, so most of the standing water drained off. Lew and crew also spread probably a ton or more of some sort of wonder cinder that gave us dry stable footing. Well done and thank you.

Now had a few of the static targets not moved out of the path of many of my rounds (Alpha-Mike just doesn't cut it. Haven't these ROs heard of repetitive Perfect Doubles?) I would have had a great match. As it is, I will settle for having had a great time shooting with some really great people on some outstanding stages. Not a cranky RO to be found anywhere, a testament to them as a group as some of the weather would have tried the nerves of anyone.

Thank you all. I will be back.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

Hopefully I can register on Friday when I come down to look things over. When is the shooters meeting for Saturday and what time do we start shooting??

Registtarion at 7, shooters meeting at 7:45

Great shooting with you MIke!!!! We had a great squad.

Hi Jay:

Great shootimg with and meeting you also. Best squad I have ever shot with. Hope to see you at a match soon! ... Maybe the 2010 PSA Shootout in Hershey, PA of which I am one of the sponsors? Take care of yourself.

Every Major Match seems to have its own personality. This match was a pleasure to shoot it was laid back and easy going. The RO crew did a good job, thanks to all of you that worked so hard. The stages were a good mixture and were worthy of an Area Championship. Linda Chico took care of my squadding request, results came out fairly fast and Alan did a good job at the prize table. The range was nice and on Sunday it was the best weather I have had for a major all year. It was nice no where near as hot as it is in TX, I didn't break a sweat till those two stages with the multiple 30 yard sprints. I didn't clean a mag all day, down at or ranges with red sand they get cleaned between every stage.

If I have one suggestion for improvement, it is the food. If I'm going to fork over $6.00 for a sandwitch it needs to be a good one. Best Major match for food is TX State Open. Alex Casias had some great food at that match. Even Rob Porter down at double tap had better food, it got cold fast standing in the sleet eating.

If I can make it next year I will be back, I'll bring a sack lunch.

Awesome Match! Thanks a bunch to the whole crew!

It was nice to meet all of you Enos forum peeps. (Lee, Ron, Jack and many more)

And JJ.....is it really possible to run and shoot that friggin fast :surprise:

Edited by Bigpops

A great big thank you to everyone for your involvement in this year's TechWearUSA Area 8 match. Thanks for all your long hours and hard work, through the pouring rain and heat and humidity. Thanks to all the sponsors and competitors as well. Without you, these matches don't become the success they are.

Bob, Joe and Sue

TechWearUSA

I really had a good time this weekend. Thanks to Alan, Lew, Linda, the ROs, et al for all the hard work. Special thanks for keeping the rain away Saturday until we finsihed shooting. Squad 24 was great and I enjoyed shooting with everyone. I was very impressed with how timely the match moved considering the stretched out and technical stages. Some of the stages gave me some ideas for our our Toys for Tots Match and our section championship in April.. :devil::devil:

Lee, I decided to let you beat me this time....just this time...Remember, there can't be two number 1's....

One other thing.....

GO COCKS!!!!!!

Edited by Jack Suber

Thanks Dan. Yes we didnt roll back in to Ohio till bout 4am. It was a long 8 hour trip, but it was still a fun one too. :)

Thanks to Alan Meek, Lew Walker, Gary Stevens, Linda Chico, and all the match staff that made this one another wonderful Area 8. Great stages. Thanks and congrats to all the winners. :cheers:

Thanks and congrats to all the winners.

Great job Chris! It was great watching and learning from you. I thought I was happy with the way I came out until you showed me where you placed. I think I was more excited for you than you were.

See you at MRPC.

I would also like to thank Alan, Lew, Linda and all of the ROs, CROs, and all other volunteers that helped put this match together. I had a great time and got to meet and shoot with some great people and shooters alike. Maybe I will perform a little better next time. This was my first major match since 2002 and I was glad to jump back in.

Thank You again!

Brian

Thanks to Lew, Alan, the fabulous Linda Chico, Techwear, and all the RO's. Outstanding match, with an extremely interesting Stage 1 (Silver Eagle) for Production shooters. One of my favorite stages ever. Had to shoot three stages (Friday) in pouring rain, but c'est la vie. Great match.

We were priveledged to have seen precious little rain during shooting. Some Friday PM, but Saturday and Sunday were dry. It rained Friday night and Saturday night and we managed the COF through a liberal application of stone dust in the shooting boxes to dry the muck.

I had never experience the joy of shoveling at 6am by golf cart headlights before, but its truly one of the great pleasures in life.

Edited by Seth

We were priveledged to have seen precious little rain during shooting. Some Friday PM, but Saturday and Sunday were dry. It rained Friday night and Saturday night and we managed the COF through a liberal application of stone dust in the shooting boxes to dry the muck.

I had never experience the joy of shoveling at 6am by golf cart headlights before, but its truly one of the great pleasures in life.

Seriously, you guys did an outstanding job! We came by Saturday evening to check out the stages... right after we got there, we hid under a tent for the better part of an hour of a terrential downpour. All the stages had a few inches of standing water by the time all was said and done. Less than 12 hours later - without the benefit of daylight to help dry things out, you guys had the range in excellent condition!! Incredible...

I would also like to thank whoever was responsible for squadding me with Dave Sevigny and Jesse Abbate... :D

This was my first major match, and it was awesome to spend the day shooting with 2 great shooters like Dave and Jesse :cheers:

SlipKnot - Asked about photo's didn't take any. But I do have Video, now I call this Ron Tanking the Match series. It was only Jordan's second match so he is a pure beginner so be kind. On the other hand I know how to do this just had a memory lapse.

To see some of the stages go to http://www.sashooter.com and click on Area 8 Videos.