Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lousey Dillon equipment......#@%!

This darn thing is barely 18 years old, and it's already broken! And can you believe when I called them to complain, they had the audacity to ask me to verify my address, before they would ship out a free replacement! What, like they think I might have moved or something in the 18 years since I placed the original order! Well, at least they're going to honor their warrenty and ship me another one. JDBraddy

2460336957_5b7b32fb9f_b.jpg

If this is the first time you are replacing that part of your powder measure, either you have a really great lube to keep the aluminum from wearing where it did, or you don't reload much. do you feel the break was from too much play after the wear on the measure side of that area

Edited by Rabe

I agree!! I bought a used 550 about a month ago and it broke today! The blue cast crank assembly just cracked and fell apart. My first call to Dillon was about 30 minutes ago and that guy also had the nerve to tell me he's shipping a new assembly, instructions and owners manual, TODAY! NO CHARGE! The nerve... I tell you, service like that will only make me a loyal customer.

Edited by pas44

About ten years ago, I ordered a 550. It was my first time dealing with Dillon, and the order got all screwed up. I sent them a NASTY e-mail. I was pissed off. Anyway, as it turns out, it was my fault the order got screwed up. Knowing what I know now about Dillon, I feel like a real A-hole for how I acted.

I haven't found a better company to deal with.

I stopped reloading on second-hand Dillon equipment in 1991-1992. Boxed it up poorly and forgot about it until last year. Sent it in and was told it would cost me $35.00. Wouldn't you know it, but those crazy people at Dillon had the nerve to send me my nearly 100% rebuilt and new reloaders back to me AT NO CHARGE! And to top it off, they sent me manuals for them and the others I said I MIGHT be interested in buying in the futrure! Talk about trying to hard sell you! Man those folks drive me nuts. :rolleyes:

Seems they will never change! Well, I guess if your the best game in town you can afford to treat your customers that way. ;)

If this is the first time you are replacing that part of your powder measure, either you have a really great lube to keep the aluminum from wearing where it did, or you don't reload much. do you feel the break was from too much play after the wear on the measure side of that area

That is not a moving part, it's an anchor arm that holds a black steel bearing for the brass lever to pivot against. Actually if you look at the shiney tracks below it, where aluminum slides against aluminum, it's quite worn there. I'd guestimate over the years, the measure has cycled around 100,000 times or more.

They do s&@k at Dillon......a year ago I DID something crazy and badly bend my PF 100 filler tube....after telling them that I was taking full responsibilities for my stupid action.....(tried to clean the filling tube, which is by the way a very soft aluminium tube) they send me a fully assemble filling tube free no shipping charge either...just crazy.

they also fix a couple of my mistake on my 650.....

I now got a 1050, 650, PF 100, 2 large tumblers and one small one, 2 balances....separator ++++ they are the best in customer services.

I have my recent problems with Dillon as well! I have had a few of the 100rd .45 cases for over 10 years now. Do you believe that I noticed that several of the dividing walls have broken? For the 2.00 a piece that I bought them for I figured they would last longer than 1 decade!

I just might call them up and give them a piece of my mind(wallet) and order some more! :)

I was also mad a couple a years ago when my powder doohickie broke after 25 years. I spent a good ten minutes boxing that thing up getting it ready to ship it back for warranty, and they wouldn't let me ship it. Instead they just shipped me new stuff.........jerks!

When I got my SDB a dozen or so years ago, I had the shell plate retaining bolt break off, leaving the threaded shank in the tapped hole in the ram. I called the Dillon guys and they said, no problem, just twiddle it out with your fingers and we'll send you a new one.

Well, I wasn't born yesterday. I just knew right there that they wanted me to mess with that cheap piece of pot metal some more so I'd bust something really good and then they'd blame me for everything. So I told the guy, why don't I just send you the WHOLE dang machine and YOU fix it.

The guy had the utter gall to actually hesitate exactly one heart beat before he said, sure, send it in. And then he had the brass to suggest it might just take a few days cause it was the middle of (deer?, what is it that they shoot out there in Arizona?) season and they were just a might short staffed. Can you believe that?

(and you ought to, 'cause, just like the stories above, it's all true... :rolleyes: )

Edited by kevin c

• 5 months later...

yeah you have to watch those bastards at Dillon. They'll screw you over good. I bought a used Square deal B and broke the spring on the primer cup return and they sent me a few spares and I noticed it was the wrong size spring so i called them and they told me I had the older primer system and then the SOB's said they were going to send me the entire new priming system, which is like a major part of the press, what nerve those people have. Then to make matters worse they sent it to me free of charge. I will never forget how I was treated, who do these people think they are? and how as we as customers let them behave this way.

damn them people and they're little blue press too.

• 3 weeks later...