Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 GA State Championships

Hello everyone,

The GA State Championships have a web presence as of tonight.

http://www.gastatechampionships.com/

We obtained a fairly generic URL so we could use it for other IPSC, USPSA, 3-gun, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, etc. matches in the future. Right now all it has is the information for the 2008 GA State USPSA Pistol Championships. Entry forms for competitors and RO's are downloadable as well as the stages. The stages are still in a pending state awaiting NROI approval but we wanted to get them to you as soon as we could. Hotel information and accurate directions all also linked there for those wishing to plan early.

We have also obtained the domain http://www.rbgcpracticalshooters.com/ for the River Bend Gun Club Practical Shooters, the home club for the match. There will eventually be generic information about the club listed on the official River Bend Gun Club website (RBGC.org) but this gives us a place where we can be more nimble about getting up to date information out on the net as fast as we can. When the RBGC.org site is published, it will also contain links to the GAStateChampionships.com website so you can get there a lot of different ways. =]

Kevin Allen

I can understand inflation but why is the match fee for this one sooooooooooo much more than when it was at Cherokee or South River? I know, "pay up or shut up", but the almost doubled cost of the match fee seems over the top at a time when shooters are struggling with bullet and other costs. Maybe there is an awards banquet catered by a 5 star restrauant with free booze....or something else I missed to justify the high cost. I'm going to have to sort some priorities for this one. <_<

Thanks Kevin, fantastic web site!!!

As for shooting on Friday, Yes, ROs and limited competitors will shoot on Friday.

For those coming in with family and friends it is also the weekend of the Dawsonville Mountain Moonshine Festival so there will be plenty of activities and sightseeing in and around Dawsonville (see, you can shoot the match while earning points with the family). The temperature in October should be between 70 and 80 degrees during the day with low 60s at night and we always have a nice breeze in the North GA Mountains.

We have a great group of staffers who have been working on all the match logistics since February and many folks asking about helping out as an RO; I am confident that we will carry on the tradition started by South River and Cherokee in offering a very challenging and competitive match with a focus on having a great time at a great facility!

Thanks!

Mark Leeber

I can understand inflation but why is the match fee for this one sooooooooooo much more than when it was at Cherokee or South River? I know, "pay up or shut up", but the almost doubled cost of the match fee seems over the top at a time when shooters are struggling with bullet and other costs. Maybe there is an awards banquet catered by a 5 star restrauant with free booze....or something else I missed to justify the high cost. I'm going to have to sort some priorities for this one. <_<

Not sure if this is why the higher fee, but it is a Cash Payback, whereas last year it was trophy only.

Match fees the same as Area 6, but you have to pay for your shirt on this one?

Mine is filled out, printed off, and in the mail box.

If you wanna play you have to pay, at whatever cost they say, right Dr. Seuss?

Na, I am $20 cheaper than Area 6 so the shirt does make it about the same. It will be worth it though!!!

Match fees the same as Area 6, but you have to pay for your shirt on this one?

Mine is filled out, printed off, and in the mail box.

If you wanna play you have to pay, at whatever cost they say, right Dr. Seuss?

I liked the $75 trophy only price. That is worth it.

Does it give you the option for $75 fees and only eligible for a trophy?

Does a D class shooter get the same payout as a GM or is it provisioned by the number of people in that particular class or what? If there are 10 GM's and 20 D class shooters, does the D class shooter stand to win more than the GM?

Kind of curious how it all works out. :popcorn1:

Edited by kgunz11

About when does this generally start filling up? I'd love to try to shoot this, but I am on a tight budget right now and I don't know if I'll be available then or not. I just need to know about how much time I'll have to make plans, etc. Thanks!

Let's look at a few reason this match fee changed, comparing apples to apples.

Past GA. State matches. 1/2 day format, trophy only, 9 stages, $80. Don't get me wrong, I totally enojyed the format & was part of it.

AL. State 1 day format, 8 stages, cash pay back ($9k I believe) & trophies. I will be there again next year.

This years SC sectional 1 day format, 8 stages, cash pay back & trophy(I belive $11-12k), 203 shooters, $135 shirt extra. Great match well attended.

Area6 2x 1/2 or 1 day format, 12 stages, prize table (?), trophy, $160 w/shirt. Again great match, was part of it again.

So to GA. State 2008, 2x 1/2 day or 1 day format, 10 stages (may be 11?), cash pay back & trophy(at same level or better than SC, hoping for bigger numbers 275?) STI contingency match, really low rates on match hotels organized.

So you tell me where the big jump in entry fee is, it is just a different format that most every one seems to appriceate. As for the pay back to D class etc. it is all dependant on number of shooters in your class, it could be more than a GM's pay back if he did not win the match and there was only 3 in his class??

I would not wait too long to get a spot, we are hoping to fill up to the 275 limit.

We have approval of the stages from NROI, we plagorized an old GA. state match concept of:-

Accuracy, Power & Speed. (D.V.C) Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas.

I do hope you all come on out to play........................

So you tell me where the big jump in entry fee is, it is just a different format that most every one seems to appriceate.

To me the big jump is the $60 price increase. I could care less about cash payback and would prefer a trophy only entry fee. I think if you polled your customers you would find that at the state match level, that is the format most every one seems to appriceate.

Peter's breakdown is a good one. A cash payback or prize table match is going to have a higher entry fee by design, it is a necessity. It all depends on what you like; each format (trophy only, prize table, cash payback) has its fans.

Different strokes for different folks. I certainly don't think the entry fee is out of line for a cash payback.

Also, I wasn't trying to sabotage getting your entries in quickly if this match is going to be on your calendar (hopefully it is.)

Enter early and often :cheers:

Edited by RKooi

So you tell me where the big jump in entry fee is, it is just a different format that most every one seems to appriceate.

To me the big jump is the $60 price increase. I could care less about cash payback and would prefer a trophy only entry fee. I think if you polled your customers you would find that at the state match level, that is the format most every one seems to appriceate.

Well I guess our neighboring states have it all wrong then, Alabama,South Carolina,Tennessee all have cash payback or large prize table matches.

Well, maybe, maybe not. Before Cherokee had the state match, it was at South River on a 2-day format (RO's shot friday, everyone else Sat/Sun) with low EF and trophies only because that's what we were told people wanted. We'll see how this one goes; Mark Leeber and his folks have my complete support.

I just want to know if GM, M, A, B, C, and D class shooters get the same percentage of the amount of people in their class. In other words, between the 6 classes combined:

Open - 6 GM but 15 B Limited - 8 GM but 20 B Lim 10 - 4 GM but 12 B Prod - 4 GM but 15 B SS - 2 GM but 10 B Revo - 2GM but 2 B

$840 $2100 $1120 $2800 $560 $1680 $560 $2100 $280 $1400 $280 $280

If each class pays out (hypothetically of course) 50% for 1st, 35% for 2nd and 15% for 3rd of the EF for that class then a Limited B class shooter would get $1400 for 1st place but the GM would only get $420. Is that correct? I mean, if we all pay the same entry fee then we should all stand to win the same percentage of our class? Is that how you have it broken down Peter? Ive seen matches where GM or equivalent got a higher percentage just to influence their attendance. In my mind that match is catering to the GM's and NOT to every shooter, including us new up and coming guys.

Please forgive me if I am out of line, and the answer is not going to effect my participation, I've already mailed off my check. I love shooting and would personally rather have the trophy as a sign of my accomplishment.