"Letting" Benny work on a gun....

Merlin Orr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy smokes, there's a 'smith out there who can make Commanders run? :surprise: I need to send him mine.

My Commanders, you know, real ones in 45 with skinny magazines, always ran. Off the rack models ran better than off the rack Government Models.

So I have this nice little Commander 2011 in 9mm. Good little gun but needs a little refinish work. I am in the shop and take a punch and start taking the sights off of it.. Benny is taking a minute and having a green tea and checking his e mail. Tap tap tap...what ya doing? I'm going to refinish this in a bake on epoxy. Tired of this color. Tap tap tap... There is someone looking over my shoulder.... tap tap... there is someone taking the punch from my hand..... Taptaptaptap... pull push whack push pins shake and all of a sudden MY gun is a pile of parts...and Benny is headed for the _)@(*#* milling machine! Hey... WTF are you doing with MY gun (keyword being MY)..? Well shit. He can't hear me over the whine of the damned milling machine... I can't see..whats going on..? OK.. there was NOT a panel cut there..what makes you think I did not like the way those cocking serrations looked ..just a second ago? I thought the slide was cut and fit OK... Why the re cut ramp and the new link and the trigger job and the.....

Well.... It ends up that the gun I WAS ready to trade is so much nicer now that I can't stand to part with it!

It sure is trying on a man when his best friend is a firearms transmutation demigod....... ;)

Ya. That's a real bummer... man, it's a bitch to be you. :P

I have an open gun that needs a umm... new finish. :D

Edited by JThompson

Merlin I feel your pain man,

I gave a Singlestack Super Steel gun to our local gunsmith to weld the screw holes for a CPMI mount and redrill for a Dawson/CMore Mount.

The slide has been swooped cut on the rear, Panel cut to remove the rear cocking serations, and the gunsmiths gill cuts on the slide next to a plunge cut down the center of the slide, a shortened Bedell TiComp replaced the original comp and the hammer has been severly chopped/modified.

edited to add pic :cheers:

post-2658-1209687192.jpg

Edited by Alan Meek

Merlin; I think you are missing a certain 9mm. I think I found it my trunk of my car. I really don't know how it got there but it sure looks good there ;-) OK I'll go $300 for it just because you are a friend. Trade for an AR? Thanks, Eric

So I have this nice little Commander 2011 in 9mm. Good little gun but needs a little refinish work. I am in the shop and take a punch and start taking the sights off of it.. Benny is taking a minute and having a green tea and checking his e mail. Tap tap tap...what ya doing? I'm going to refinish this in a bake on epoxy. Tired of this color. Tap tap tap... There is someone looking over my shoulder.... tap tap... there is someone taking the punch from my hand..... Taptaptaptap... pull push whack push pins shake and all of a sudden MY gun is a pile of parts...and Benny is headed for the _)@(*#* milling machine! Hey... WTF are you doing with MY gun (keyword being MY)..? Well shit. He can't hear me over the whine of the damned milling machine... I can't see..whats going on..? OK.. there was NOT a panel cut there..what makes you think I did not like the way those cocking serrations looked ..just a second ago? I thought the slide was cut and fit OK... Why the re cut ramp and the new link and the trigger job and the.....

Well.... It ends up that the gun I WAS ready to trade is so much nicer now that I can't stand to part with it!

It sure is trying on a man when his best friend is a firearms transmutation demigod....... ;)

Aw...you ain't kidding us, you did it on purpose...you knew the result even before you picked up the punch....NICE, though, isn't it?????

Pictures are still coming but they will be from my buddy Malak when HIS new gun gets back from Ion Bond...... :cheers:

He made me an offer I just could Not refuse! ;)

And something really funny... I traded Malak the old 2011 Commander for a new gun. I then took it (the new toy) to the shop and tore it down and started modding it up for competition. And wouldn't you know it but before I even got going good on it......... Here comes Benny who immediately starts working on it.......

Life is good if you are me....LOL!

OK, OK, I volunteer!!

I'll send you my FFL and you can send me the gun and I'll take the pictures!!

Deal??

Price??

I get to shoot the gun!! with BB's that is!!

OK, OK, I volunteer!!

I'll send you my FFL and you can send me the gun and I'll take the pictures!!

Deal??

Price??

I get to shoot the gun!! with BB's that is!!

I just spoke to the new owner, Malak Aframs, and he has today shipoped the gun to Ion Bond... The day it comes back it goes to you...! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Any pictures?

Just talked to Malak... Ion Bond is running 4 weeks out (or so) and it will be about 2 more before he gets the gun back. I want to see that baby myself.....seller's remorse.

Damnit I KNOW better than to sell a gun. :(