Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benny Hill Strikes Again

Wakal

Bennyguns_2.JPG

From top to bottom: Liota's uberspiffy 9 by 23 Open gun, my old 9 by 23 Open gun, my "Fat-Free .40" 6" Limited hoser, and my new Commander-slide Tritium-sight bushing barrel 9 by 23 carry gun.

Bennyguns_1.JPG

Bennyguns_ltd_2.JPG

Bennyguns_open_1.JPG

And just to show that I'm not a one-gun-shop guy, here is my old carry gun:

Cqb_2.JPG

At least its a Chris Reeve knife! Very spiffy. :ph34r:

Oh, the guns are okay too, I suppose. :P

What carry ammo will you use? Winchester Silver Tips or their semi-jacketed soft points? Or roll your own?

Well, the Reeve seemed to "go" with the Wilson...although given a choice, I'd rather hang the 1911 off my web gear than the knife. On second thought, it is hard to open an MRE with a pistol :P

Silvertips (in the carry gun), although the same load as my wife runs in her Open gun works just fine in the shorty. Need to chrono it and see just how much velocity is lost in the short/unported barrel. Hmmm...should be interesting, as the porting in both Open guns starts just forward of the C-more's...

Alex

• 1 month later...

Wakal,

Very nice blasters! Ironic, as I have been thinking about a carry gun in 9x23... If it isn't a hassle could you post some more pics of yours (or email)? How does it shoot? An inquiring mind wants to know :)

I may be wrong, but can't you shoot 9x19 out if it too? If true, then I definately 'need' one.

The 9x23 in the carry gun is a little snappier than factory 9mm. It snaps right back on target after each shot. Very nice to shoot. It's a whole lot more comfortable than my Kel-Tec in .40.

Liota

• 4 months later...

Yep, had to break in that worn-out old POS I pawned off on you for way too much money :ph34r:

(for folks confused at home, I sold him an absolutely brand new holster, cheap...he wanted to make sure that an STI would fit so I put my carry gun in it...didn't have to move the muzzle plug thing that way ;))

I haven't tried stuffing 9 by 19 in it yet, athough I have to sight in a bunch of stuff tomorrow and so will bring a heap of various power recoil springs and see what I can do. I'm quite curious to find out, too.

Alex

With an 8-pound full-size spring, my 9 by 23 Commander shoots 9 by 19 GREAT. Ran a quick hundred rounds of Wal-Mart Special 9mm through it...fast, slow, upside down, sideways (yo yo!), not a hiccup.

Next I'll try 9 by 21 :ph34r:

Alex

• 11 months later...

open1.jpg

www.triangleshootingsports.com ;)

Alex

(my fifth Benny pistol...actually, Liota's new Limited gun...should be done in a month or two...not that I really really really REALLY like Benny's pistols or anything...)

AW

I am getting very jealous. You have a room full of Benny's guns and I am patiently waiting for Benny to build my first open gun. At least now I have an idea what it will look like.... :wub:

Benny tells me my limited gun will be very attractive. It will go well with my open gun.

The wait is well worth it.

Liota