Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have several reasons to shoot a M1100. My first job out of college was at the old musket mill in Ilion. I am cheap, I shoot less than four or less local matches (and a commensurate amount of practice) with the shotgun a year. And I am a firm believer that only guns with rifling are interesting. I shoot three-gun because it let's me shoot the rifle in practical matches.

So, when I got interested in shooting three-gun, I found a M1100 deer gun in the used rack for little bucks, added a long magazine, a DMW easy loader, magnum shell lifter, Williams Fire front sight and ghost ring rear, and slicked up the loading path. It shoots without malfunctions, loads slick and fast, is soft on my recoil wimp shoulder, and has cycled and is waiting for me far faster than the time it takes me to get on the next target. All for very minimal bucks. Every six to eight boxes of shells, I drop the magazine and barrel, wipe the crud from the gas system, clean the bore and chamber, oil everything and reassemble with a new o-ring from Eric. I don't have any patience for guns that don't shoot where they are pointed or that do not just plain work, and this does fine by me. Now, if'n I was burning shotshells like I burn pistol ammo, it might be another story, but for me, the Rem works great.

Billski

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had 8 people in our squad yesterday and ---before the day was over - had 2 1100 users shooting Benellis.... This was after just a few rounds when the 1100s started dying and their owners started crying. Of course even with the double usage the Benellis never stuttered. :roflol:

Had 8 people in our squad yesterday and ---before the day was over - had 2 1100 users shooting Benellis.... This was after just a few rounds when the 1100s started dying and their owners started crying. Of course even with the double usage the Benellis never stuttered. :roflol:

hey merlin-were those the two guyz hitching a ride home after they had to sell their vehicles to pay for their new benelli's? :D

I can't deny that my 550 let me down yesterday. The spring for the interceptor latch came out of it's track and got behind it. That effectively blocked the disconnector and wouldn't allow the gun to fire. That really makes you smile when you zero a high point value stage. I guess I should have used the thicker snap rings I had in the drawer to tighten it up a bit. Hopefully the problem is fixed for now, but I may be a noodle shooter soon anyway. There were a couple of other 1100s with issues as well. Gun problems suck.

Just 4 words for you "real men"....."Disassemble and show clear!!" :roflol:

Kurt, the best part of that stage was while Nanci was shooting, Jim was muttering to himself "please work, please work" :lol:

As for selling your cars to buy Benelli's, I say.........................ppppppfffffffttttttttt!!!!!

I just bought 2 for less than 1200.00, combined, and they're ready to go for 3 gunning, 21" barrel and 24" barrel.

trapr

As for selling your cars to buy Benelli's, I say.........................ppppppfffffffttttttttt!!!!!

I just bought 2 for less than 1200.00, combined, and they're ready to go for 3 gunning, 21" barrel and 24" barrel.

trapr

Will sell me the other one for $600? :lol:

Just 4 words for you "real men"....."Disassemble and show clear!!" :roflol:

Kurt, the best part of that stage was while Nanci was shooting, Jim was muttering to himself "please work, please work" :lol:

Actualy Nancis 1100 has gone close to 1000 rounds with not a single problem...not a single jam

The link broke and jamed the action....how do you predict such a failure :unsure:

Jim

Merlin, you had to bring this one back out from the dead. The funny thing is that everytime this thread

comes back, remember it was started as a pro Remmy thread :roflol: , I have another story of some poor

chump cussing at a shotgun.

Last week we had a 3gun match and a guy on my squad had a single shot 1100 through the whole match. I was

R.O. and I felt bad for the guy so I took some extra time with him and let him mess with the thing a little. It

would cycle only about a 1/2" back and just put the spent shell back in, the whole match!! :surprise: It was shoot,

click, cycle by hand, and tap the easy loader, over and over. The guy obviously had no mechanical inclinations as I offered

suggestions of what I do know about the things, I said maybe it's the o-rings, maybe that side saddle is too tight, take it

apart and look, but all he kept telling me was," I just got back from the gunsmith, I just got this back from the gunsmith, it has to work. Then he would go back to cussing at the thing... :mellow::wacko:

After our last stage is when I came to the conclusing that that is was just a simple case of posession.. :roflol:

I allowed him to play with it in an empty bay and guess what :surprise: It worked ??? Well, 85% of the time.. :wacko::wacko:

Loving a Remington shotgun is like having a bad child.... Even though all they bring is heartache and your life would be better if they were out of it forever....... You just CAN'T help yourself and keep on trying to believe in them anyway...

Ya know, any brand of shotgun has its idiosincracies which the shooter needs to be aware of, in order to keep his gun functioning properly:

Remiingtons need to be clean, oiled and the O-ring changed regularly.

Winchesters need to have the right piston installed for the load you are using.

Benellis need to be blessed by the Pope! :roflol:

Edited by jobob

Predicting when a link will break is easy, Put shotgun in case, head to major match a ways from home, take shotgun out of case, try to shoot.....PING!!! I have seen 27 break over the last 10 years and that is just the ones I have SEEN, not all that the guys that have said...yea mine broke too!! Now I admit...you got to love that and in so doing, Love the 1100/1187. See it,s contagous! :roflol: KurtM