Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

I just have to say I shot a 3 gun this past weekend, yeah limited winner (patting self on back) and not only were the top three running 1100's, me and 2 others (more patting :) but in my squad I got to see a Benelli and a SX2 both puke. :surprise::o Chalk up one for 1100's :):P:P:cheers:

http://www.bspsc.org/results/2008/June%203...20divisions.txt

Edited by jbullgpd

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to be picky, but they have you down for tactical, not limited. Did you shoot a scope or iron sights? Either way, congratulations on the win! You have given hope to all who follow in your Remington shadow! KurtM

I just have to say I shot a 3 gun this past weekend, yeah limited winner (patting self on back) and not only were the top three running 1100's, me and 2 others (more patting :) but in my squad I got to see a Benelli and a SX2 both puke. :surprise::o Chalk up one for 1100's :):P:P:cheers:

I guess I don't doubt you saw a Benelli go down. Actually I think I saw the "newspaper" article in the National Inquirer....right below the piece about the alien abduction and the 3 headed calf....

Predicting when a link will break is easy, Put shotgun in case, head to major match a ways from home, take shotgun out of case, try to shoot.....PING!!! I have seen 27 break over the last 10 years and that is just the ones I have SEEN, not all that the guys that have said...yea mine broke too!! Now I admit...you got to love that and in so doing, Love the 1100/1187. See it,s contagous! :roflol: KurtM

Not being very knowledgeable in shotgun lingo (I've tried to avoid shotguns most of my adult life), I had to look up what part the link is. Ha! Found it. I always thought that was called the wishbone thingy! Never heard of them breaking before, but now I'm sure it will be cropping up everywhere. Looking at how it's made, and what it does, I suppose I can see why one would break once in awhile. It's also a part that can be installed wrong, which would surely result in breakage.

I saw a Remy totally puke at a match this spring. When we took it apart, it was apparent that the owner had installed the piston backwards. His gun hasn't run right since then, but I think the piston binding in the cylinder may have caused damage. Many stoppages are caused by operator headspace. :rolleyes:

I guess I don't doubt you saw a Benelli go down. Actually I think I saw the "newspaper" article in the National Inquirer....right below the piece about the alien abduction and the 3 headed calf....

It obviously hadn't been blessed by the Pope!

Way to go!

I'm one of the founders of that club, and it's great to see familiar names. I don't get over there much anymore, but it's a great range, with great people, and I miss it! I may have to make the time to make a match there once in awhile.

Not to be picky, but they have you down for tactical, not limited. Did you shoot a scope or iron sights? Either way, congratulations on the win! You have given hope to all who follow in your Remington shadow! KurtM

whoever did the stats for whatever reason said that irons was tactical and they put tac scope down as limited 10, tried to argue it but just let it go. Irons all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Purist at heart

Hey even the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in awhile :) Let me have my day in the sun :) Probably was a former 1100 shooter operating both guns, brought the bad ju ju with them heheheh It did have alot of rounds on the gun, side saddle etc, was probably the issue I'm guessing.......

Edited by jbullgpd

• 9 months later...

Good for you!

Just when I'm getting Remmies figured out I'm starting to think about getting an FN/Winchester! My 1100 functioned perfect at a match last weekend, so why should I change?

Here are a few things I've learned about Remingtons:

Change the O-ring often, and particularly before a big match.

When installing the O ring, be careful it doesn't get knicked when sliding it over the threads at the end of the mag tube.

Go easy with the lube on the piston and outside of the mag tube. A drop of light oil (I'm trying Slip 2000 now) spread around with your finger will do it.

Make sure the forend nut and mag extension are always tight.

Oh, and clean it occassionally.

2 mods you might want to think about on your gun. Shortening the Easy Loader about 1/2" may prevent a stuck thumb, and bevelling the back edge of the forend. That big flat angling to the rear can get in the way of your hand while loading.

Be good to your Remy and it will be good to you! Well, unless it pukes! :P

Im here :roflol:

Even though I have only been shooting 3 gun for a few years....this I can say with confidence :closedeyes:

If its a shot gun...at some point it will take a dump!

They all seem to run perfect...right up to the point where they puke!

Some shotguns have NEVER puked ...when discussed here on the forum :rolleyes:

When in reality...those SAME guns puke quite often at matches...I have SEEN it....dont make me name names :roflol:

Both Remmy and Benelli have good and bad points...both can run perfect...both can puke out.

I may try something new this year its a USARRSIA :cheers:

Jim

Even though I have only been shooting 3 gun for a few years....this I can say with confidence :closedeyes:

When in reality...those SAME guns puke quite often at matches...I have SEEN it....dont make me name names :roflol:

Both Remmy and Benelli have good and bad points...both can run perfect...both can puke out.

Jim

Jim,

You forgot to mention they only screw up when they know there's a score sheet present!! :roflol:

Jim

Cough**bullshit**Cough...Urrrump.... Jim, thats just like saying Adolf Hitler and Mother Teresa both have their good points and their bad points... :roflol:

Jim,

Not that my opinion matters but that was my impression the ONE time I shot a Benelli. Once was enough!!

TomD

Tom...EVERYBODYS opinion matters

This thread is just a kinda fun thing...and we poke at each other a little bit

Jim

She "MIGHT" not kick as hard as a Benelli, BUT man my knuckles still hurt from the ruler, and I can still hear her saying "ifa I ever catch you with a Remington again, I'ma gona kicka you harder than a than an Ithica auto-10. I learned My lesson!!!! So should you! After all she was Holy AND ITALIAN!

BTW Jim, Mike Pinto is one happy guy! Be good Amigo.

Should have found this thread earlier, since I actually shot an 1100 when it was started :/

Now I own two Benellis and no Remmy...

What a sad story! I hope the extra recoil doesn't cause you any brain damage! :rolleyes:

I'd sell you one of mine, but I need to keep it for backup for the inevitable day when one pukes in a match. Actually that happened last year at Ironman, but the puking problem turned out to be mostly caused by 'operator headspace'. The gun would have worked fine if I hadn't thought I was some kind of Remingotn gunsmith! :wacko: