Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What adj rear sight are you using?

nheiny13

The only problem with the wilson is that the rear blade isn't serrated.

+1 can't stand that. Wasn't too fond of Bomars 50% serration either.

Les Baer's provides an excellent site picture.

I've got one Bo-Mar rear stashed, but two of my guns still have the STI knock-off on them. The only problem has been a sheared elevation screw (very common).

In the very near future there is going to be a new rear sight on the market. It's been designed to fit into a Bo-Mar cut, but is an improvement in every way. I've been lucky enough to be asked to be in the trial group of 8-10 shooters who will try to put them through hell and see what happens. I'm not allowed to say who's developing them, but it's a name that everyone here will know instantly. I'm pretty jazzed and can't wait to try them out :cheers: As soon as I get one of my guns setup with them I'll post pics and probably be allowed to say who's product it is.

The Bo in BoMar is Bob and Mary is the Mar. Bob was killed in a car accident last year and the company has not been able to continue without him. I had heard the kids were going to step up and carry on but it seemed like they tried but could not manage. I have also heard a few other rumors which I won't post since they are rumors.

I bought one a month or so ago to replace a broken BO-MAR :( (

It required a little fitting, but it seems to be every bit as good as a BO-MAR. They have more than one model, I put a big square cornered one on my primary DCM Jackie Best Service Pistol. My go to gun for 50 yards. I will be shooting some bullseye pistol this year, I will post a review.

Edited by Michael Carlin

I bought a Ed Brown model from Chuck 10 days or so ago. It is a first class piece of equipment. Tight, and seems to move accurately. I replaced a worn Bomar with it, and like it alot.

Mark

Dawson is listing a sight that fits a BM cut in their latest catalog. Has anyone used or seen one these yet?

I got a king's "Fomar" on the sitetrackerl I bought from Zerwas and it too is really nice. it's serrated and the edges are rounded instead of flat or 45'ed so there is no snags. it seems very heavy duty. definately not the STI knock off at all. I still have some BMCS RR's and I'm keeping them for future projects. sad to hear about Bo, mar must be devastated. :closedeyes: